100 CNN Center, Atlanta, Georgia, 30303, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Just OK

We stayed at the Omni at CNN Center for 4 nights in Sept/2010. Loved our view of the Centennial Olympic park and of the city.
    The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Room cleaning was minimal if any. Wanted out bedding changed only one time during our stay. Maid said she changed it but the mark on the sheet was still there so we know she did not do it. Never vacuumed once during our stay or wipe the counters off. Rarely did we get clean glasses. We just re-used the ones from the night before.
    TV was old and not a very good picture and of course no channels to speak of.
    And...one of my pet peeves is having a fridge in the room that you as a guest cannot use. What a waste! Does anybody ever buy that expensive crap in the fridges that cost you an alrm and a leg?
    Work-out room was great. Location was also nice.

Directions: Across from Olympic Park

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Conventioner's Hotel

Directly connected to CNN Center and the Georgia World Congress buildings, this hotel is mostly used by people attending conventions. Of course, the Georgia Dome and Phillips Arena are in the same complex as well, so that might be a reason for considering it as well.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Great Conference Hotel

Although most of the people I have met through VirtualTourist are looking for more budget accommodations, I do a lot of business travel that allows me to stay in some high end properties. On a recent visit, we were hosting a seminar in the Omni Hotel, which definitely lives up to a high end expectation. This is one of the original big Atlanta hotels, with over 1000 rooms available, and some really beautiful conference areas. Although I did not spend the night in one of these rooms, I did visit one of my co-workers rooms, and it was high quality. The view from his room was beautiful, and included downtown Atlanta as well as a great view of Olympic Centennial Park.

The other great thing about the Omni is that it is attached to the CNN center, which makes for a great location for people with limited transportation options, or someone who is interested in visiting the center.

More about Omni Hotel at CNN Center

Superior Service at the Omni Atlanta

by TripAdvisor Member TravelnowBirmingham

Stayed here on a sold-out President's Day weekend. Even with the hotel at peak capacity we had no complaints and no unpleasant experiences. The new North Tower was great. Wonderful beds and bath. Superior housekeeping,
including room service. Never had to wait for an elevator or for our car with the valets. Every staff member we encountered was pleasant and professional.
The traffic in the area was terrible (and we are former residents of Atlanta) but
the Omni was a quiet oasis. We usually stay in Buckhead but would consider staying downtown again, even if we were not attending a convention as we were on this visit.

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member drkmn

We just returned from a weekend at the Omni CNN Center. I was using a coupon for 1/2 off the weekend rate. Through a mixup, we also got upgraded to a club room. After reading previous reviews, I had requested a room overlooking the park vs. atrium view. I must say that this was right on the money. The view was gorgeous and even impressed the kids! When we needed extra towels and pillows, not only did they send them very quickly, but then followed up with a call to make sure we got them. The concierges (we talked with the main ones downstairs, not the club) were extremely helpful as well. The club room was very nice. Some little treats, nice continental breakfast, fun deserts, bottled water, soda, etc..... Also had a computer and printer (nice to print up departing airline boarding passes in advance) free of charge. The kids loved the Omni kids bags too. I was very impressed at the high level of service and friendliness of the staff. Location was excellent! Close to the MARTA and across from Centennial Park. Great weekend!

Best downtown hotel we ever stayed

by TripAdvisor Member Clubberer

This was the best downtown hotel we ever stayed!

As suggested we asked for a room not overlooking the atrium. So we got it in the tower (23rd floor). The room was just outstanding. High quality furniture. Also the bathroom was fantastic.

We also took the CNN-tour wich is very easy accessible.

Valet parking is 20$ per night.

The staff is very friendly.

Dont leave your car

I was in Atlanta for a nascar race and my package included this hotel, on the last morning when the valet brought up my truck I immediately spotted a burn in the drivers seat and requested a manager to file a complaint. I met Adam,the valet manager, and he filled out an incident report and was very polite and cooperative. He informed me they would conduct an investigation and get back with me in 3 or 4 days. I called him 3 weeks later and he said they still had not completed it. I called again a month later and got voicemail, left a message and recieved no answer. I called again 2 weeks later and called another manager on the incident report, he said he would contact Adam and get me some answers, Adam called within the hour, he was extremely rude and foul mouthed, he stated I had driven my truck the night before to go out partying, in fact we had went out, however we rode in a horse drawn carriage from the hotel. In closing let me warn you, dont use the valet service, and tell Adam Del from florida says hi.

The OMNI and Madonna.... great

I stayed at the CNN Omni in August of 2004 while attending a Madonna concert. The Omni connects to Phillips Arena and is perfect for concert goers. The room was larger than average hotel room and nicely done. The bathroom was excellent as well. For those intersted, CNN and the CNN tours are offered plus a food court. Enjoy....

A Great Stay During the Hinman!

by TripAdvisor Member LittleGreenFrog

My husband, 4 yr. old daughter and I stayed here during the Hinman convention over the last three nights. We had a double/double in the north tower that overlooked Centennial Olympic Park. We were very pleased with the hotel. It was very upscale and well appointed. The staff was very curtious and we were greated by all staff members anytime we saw them. My husband was busy at the convention during the majority of the daytime when we were there, but there is lots to do within a short distance. Explore the Cent. Olympic Park--there is a dancing fountain display with shows at certain times, a very beautiful manmade stream, reflecting pool, nice playground and plenty of space to walk. Underground Atlanta while a decent walk from the hotel was not very impressive (although if you like the bar scene might be OK at night). The World of Coke was right next to Underground. It was neat and my daughter liked trying the different soft drinks from around the world. There are one or two childrens museums in the area and that might have been a better bet. If you like Chinese/Japanese/Thai food you have to try Lee's Golden Buddah! It is just a cross from the CNN Center and adjacent to Phillips Arena. Fabulous food in a nice atmosphere. We did try the Prime Meridian restaurant in the hotel. While very convenient and the food was pretty good, it was way overpriced. The waitstaff was extremely nice and courteous.

Back to the hotel, it was nice, clean and very convenient (especially if you are attending a convention at the Georgia World Congress Center) to Downtown activities. The only negative, as mentioned by another reviewer, was the fact that the walls were very thin. Our neighbors were not doing anything unusually noisey, but you could hear fairly clear conversations. Having the TV on did remedy this, but I was a little worried that others might be disturbed by our TV. The alarm clock provided in the room did have a white noise feature and one of the TV channels was a "relaxation" channel that would have helped with the noise.

Customer service seemed to be top notch from all that we could see. It was one the most friendly and courteous hotels we have had the pleasure to experience.

Comments