Renaissance Atlanta Concourse Hotel

See Popular Hotels

front desk staff

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 21, 2012

Arrived at hotel Saturday evening on February 18,2012 it was raining when we arrived. As we entered the hotel went to the front desk to check in...the lady behind the desk was not friendly... She just what was my last name? Didn't crack a smile or anything by this time I'm saying well screw u as well.... But the breakfast was good and all the other services was as well..The caring lady at the front desk needs to work on her people skills....We are the ones that's paying you......

Unique Quality: Love the view seeing all the planes taking off and landing

riorich55's Profile Photo

Convenient to the Airport Once You Find It

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 11, 2009

It's not often I'm dissatisfied with a stay at a Marriott Hotel facility, but my recent experience at this establishment was an exception to the rule. We selected this hotel basically for 3 reasons. 1) I am a Marriott member and time share owner so we would get points, 2) They had a weekend end rate of $79, and 3) Our flight arrived from Chicago at 9:30 p.m. and I didn't want to have to travel far for just a short evening stay.

Our first problem was actually finding the hotel. We could see it as we landed, so I figured it wouldn't be too hard to find once we rented our car (we could have taken a shuttle, but then I would have to go back to the airport the next morning for the rental). The rental company (Alamo - my first and last experience with them) was unhelpful with no local maps and employees who did not know how to get there. I could go on here, but let me just say that it was only by luck that we finally found the right combination of roads out of the airport to get here.

I noticed a lot of parking bordering the hotel property with no NO PARKING signs, so to save the $10 nightly parking fee (always a rip off) I dropped Sue at the front entrance and went around the side to park the car. We finally were beginning to check in at 10:40 p.m. at night. There were 2 clerks at the front desk, but 1 seemed fully occupied with a couple trying to sort something out. We were 5th in line and during our 20 minute check in wait I noticed a number of employees in the back room on break. When it finally was our turn I asked if it was ok to park on the side street (many other cars were there) and I never got a straight answer when I asked if it was illegal (I've been in too many big cities where NO PARKING signs have been stolen). They obviously wanted their guests on pay the $10 fee. Then, they couldn't find the reservation (booked several weeks ahead) and asked if I had just booked. Didn't ask or acknowledge that I was a Marriott Gold Member. My overall check in experience with a snotty check in lady rated a big fat zero. Also to finish my rant, the internet fee was $14.95 and they had plastic cups for water in the room. And this supposedly is a high class Marriott.

Unique Quality: The room was fine other then that. HDTV and in room frig and normal bathroom ammenities. The TV guide book was missing. Bed linens as always were very soft and the bed was comfortable for our short 8 hour stay.

This may have been a bad day for them, but I will not return to that facility if I am ever back in the Atlanta area.

Directions: Good luck! You can see the hotel when the plane lands at the airport, but nobody can give you easy directions from the airport

Nearby Renaissance Atlanta Concourse Hotel

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Atlanta Travel Forum

Need advice about Atlanta, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Atlanta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Atlanta hotel reviews

Atlanta Cyclorama
"The Dump" - Margaret Mitchell House
Hard Rock Cafe - Atlanta
Restaurants
Steamhouse Lounge - GREAT Lobster Bisque!
Looking to move