Renaissance Atlanta Concourse Hotel

Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
HotelTravel.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 67% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• front desk staff

Arrived at hotel Saturday evening on February 18,2012 it was raining when we arrived. As we entered the hotel went to the front desk to check in...the lady behind the desk was not friendly... She just what was my last name? Didn't crack a smile or anything by this time I'm saying well screw u as well.... But the breakfast was good and all the other services was as well..The caring lady at the front desk needs to work on her people skills....We are the ones that's paying you......

Unique Quality: Love the view seeing all the planes taking off and landing

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Convenient to the Airport Once You Find It

It's not often I'm dissatisfied with a stay at a Marriott Hotel facility, but my recent experience at this establishment was an exception to the rule. We selected this hotel basically for 3 reasons. 1) I am a Marriott member and time share owner so we would get points, 2) They had a weekend end rate of $79, and 3) Our flight arrived from Chicago at 9:30 p.m. and I didn't want to have to travel far for just a short evening stay.

Our first problem was actually finding the hotel. We could see it as we landed, so I figured it wouldn't be too hard to find once we rented our car (we could have taken a shuttle, but then I would have to go back to the airport the next morning for the rental). The rental company (Alamo - my first and last experience with them) was unhelpful with no local maps and employees who did not know how to get there. I could go on here, but let me just say that it was only by luck that we finally found the right combination of roads out of the airport to get here.

I noticed a lot of parking bordering the hotel property with no NO PARKING signs, so to save the $10 nightly parking fee (always a rip off) I dropped Sue at the front entrance and went around the side to park the car. We finally were beginning to check in at 10:40 p.m. at night. There were 2 clerks at the front desk, but 1 seemed fully occupied with a couple trying to sort something out. We were 5th in line and during our 20 minute check in wait I noticed a number of employees in the back room on break. When it finally was our turn I asked if it was ok to park on the side street (many other cars were there) and I never got a straight answer when I asked if it was illegal (I've been in too many big cities where NO PARKING signs have been stolen). They obviously wanted their guests on pay the $10 fee. Then, they couldn't find the reservation (booked several weeks ahead) and asked if I had just booked. Didn't ask or acknowledge that I was a Marriott Gold Member. My overall check in experience with a snotty check in lady rated a big fat zero. Also to finish my rant, the internet fee was $14.95 and they had plastic cups for water in the room. And this supposedly is a high class Marriott.

Unique Quality: The room was fine other then that. HDTV and in room frig and normal bathroom ammenities. The TV guide book was missing. Bed linens as always were very soft and the bed was comfortable for our short 8 hour stay.

This may have been a bad day for them, but I will not return to that facility if I am ever back in the Atlanta area.

Directions: Good luck! You can see the hotel when the plane lands at the airport, but nobody can give you easy directions from the airport

More about Renaissance Atlanta Concourse Hotel

Renaissance Councourse is a great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member travelizfun

We stayed at the Renaissance Concourse hotel April 13-15 when we went for an Atlanta Braves game. The hotel is great and exceptionally clean. The runway view rooms were a lot of fun! We enjoyed seeing all the planes taking off and landing. It was definitely one of the most interesting hotel stays we've had. The rooms were good size, very clean, and surprisingly quiet for a runway room! The beds are sooo comfortable! We would definitely stay here again, but not when we go to the Braves game. It is too far from the stadium! Taxi fees back to the hotel from the game were $34.00.

Thanks Renaissance for a wonderful stay! Marriott usually is one of the best and it surpassed expectations again!

pleasant hotel professional staff

by TripAdvisor Member goldendeal40

Recent stay here was wonderful. The hotel is very close to the hotel and the free shuttle to the hotel was there and waiting when I left the airport. Once at the hotel check in was a breeze, very pleasant staff. The decor in the hotel could be a bit better, not that it was bad, just very plain. There was no paintings, plants or anything of that nature around the hotel. seemed very stark. The restaurant was good, very quite and relaxing. Food was above average but pricey as most all hotel restaurants are.. But simple burger or sandwich was available for dinner if cost is a concern. The complimenrty basket of warm bread with dipping sauce was a nice touch. Called front desk early in the morning for airport shuttle, as soon as I got down to lobby , shuttle was there and waiting. Watching the planes fly in and out of the airport from your patio is nice and would be great for kids. Very Nice hotel. Professional staff. Good restaurant. Would stay here again.

Great views at the Renaissance

by TripAdvisor Member chem_dr

We recently attended a conference at this Renaissance property. Parking was easy, but there is a charge for self-parking and valet. Check-in was a breeze with a friendly and courteous desk staff. The rooms were very large with well-appointed bedding and comfortable chairs. The baths were also large and boasted the added amenities of a small TV and phone. Our room was on the top floor of the property and overlooked the ATL airport runway. This view was awesome! We ate several meals in the hotel restaurant and the buffets were plentiful and well-serviced. The meeting rooms can accomodate small, intimate groups or large, all-encompassing luncheons. Overall, we would stay here again.

Another great stay

by TripAdvisor Member bracogirl

Once again we stayed at the Renaissance on our way to and from our vacation. As always the service, food and rooms were terrific. We cannot speak highly enough of the very friendly staff there, especially Danielle on the front desk, she is great.

The restaurant again lived up to our expectations with superb service and great food.

Wonderful Stay!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member GABlonde

We stayed at the Renaissance for our honeymoon night on May 5th. We booked the hotel online and loved the virtual concierge. When we arrived at the hotel, all of our special request were met. We had a nice room on the club level with a balcony overlooking the airport runway. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant. Will stay here again if we have an early flight the next morning.

Excellent hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member Anonymousatlanta09

My sister and I stayed at the Renaissance Concourse near the Atlanta airport on May 29, 2006, after she got in extremely late from an overseas flight. We thought the room was great--we had two very comfortable queen sized beds (with seven pillows each!!). It was clean and well-appointed. The staff was extremely kind and unfailiingly helpful--VERY professional yet warm and friendly. I relaxed in the room while I waited for my sister's flight to arrive. At 3:00 a.m. when she called from the airport, I phoned down to the front desk, and when I arrived downstairs, the airport shuttle driver (who is on-call overnight) was waiting to give me a free ride over to the airport to get my sister. We picked her up at the baggage claim and returned to the hotel within minutes. There are numerous scheduled (free) shuttle trips to/from the airport during the daytime, but it was so convenient to have this service available at such a late hour! We booked the room at the last minute (after 9 p.m.) when it was clear that the flight was going to be very late, and we got a great deal on Marriott's own website--$84 for the room. Though it was too late in the day to book using Orbitz for that night, the rate on the Marriott website was $5 cheaper than Orbitz anyway--I tried numerous other discount hotel websites and found that the best deal available in this case was actually on the Marriott site. We did not eat at the hotel, but the buffet in the restaurant looked good as we passed by. I will definitely look forward to staying at the Renaissance Concourse again, and I will be recommending this hotel to everyone I know who needs a comfortable, clean place to stay that is conveniently near the Atlanta airport!

very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mamasal

We just returned to florida after spending four nights at this hotel. We got a great deal over the 4th of July weekend. Did all the tourist stuff.... stone mountain, six flags, downtown, baseball game. Very convienent location between 75, 85 and I 285. The hotel was very clean. Bed wonderful. We had a room on the airport side with balcony. We could hear the planes taking off and landing but it did not effect our sleep. So tired from sightseeing all day we slept great. Son enjoyed the planes.

Great place to stay near the airport

by TripAdvisor Member donnp

Stayed here for $52 on a Priceline bid before an early flight to the Virgin Islands. I really cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and the friendly staff here. Everyone we encountered was extremely helpful, and our room was very spacious and clean. We had a runway view room, and the kids enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. We couldn't believe how quiet it was, to be so close to the airport. The shuttle service to the airport was fast and convenient. A great place to stay!

Hotel close to Airport

by nige_

Hi i will be arriving from Dublin and have 19hr layover and am looking for a hotel close to the airport. One with a free shuttle would be great too. Will be arriving the 13th Feb 2009.

Thanks

by Robachu1

by TexasDave

Actually, practically every well known American chain has a hotel with free shuttle service to and from the airport. It's basically a matter of your preference and budget. Hyatt Place is a newer one. There's also a nice Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn. Check out prices on something like hotels.com.

Although you don't ask, there are a few nice sights in the downtown and midtown areas all of which are accessible by the MARTA train directly from the airport if you have time for it. My pages have a few suggestions as do many of the other Atlanta VTers. Hope this helps.

by balfor

Hello Nigel! As Dave said, almost every major hotel chain has a presence near the airport with shuttle service. The train runs from the airport through the middle of town so if you wanted to get a bit further out or right downtown you wouldn't have a problem with that either.

I've met a few VT'ers (and picked up/dropped off a few) at the airport. I live about 5-10 minutes away and wouldn't mind playing tour guide for any Vt'ers who happen to have a long layover here. :-) (and nope, not a professional tour guide. I just like meeting other travelers and showing a few parts of the city not easily accessible by train but worth visiting.)

Comments