1901 Savoy Drive, Chamblee, Georgia, 30341, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

• ROACHES! ROACHES! ROACHES!

Let me preface my statement by saying I'm a frequent traveler (80%) and a Marriott Rewards Gold Member so I think my expectations are based on experience and not emotion.

My family and I recently relocated from Naperville, IL to John's Creek, GA however during the transition we needed temporary housing for 30 days until we could move into our new home. Our stay began at the Alpharetta Windward Residence Inn but since we are a family of four the room was a little small and therefore we moved to the Residence Inn Dunwoody/Perimeter based on the bi-level floor plan. I will add the Alpharetta Windward Residence Inn was incredible! The absolute opposite from the Dunwoody/Perimeter location.

I suppose I should've known something was terribly wrong when I inquired of Carolyn (front desk) regarding the surrounding area being fairly safe since I had quite a few personal belongings in my SUV that couldn't fit in the room. Her response was "well, it is Atlanta and Atlanta is SHADY". When I asked to see the room before we checked in she took my drivers license and said that she wasnt sure if I would steal her TV's while looking at the room and therefore she needed my ID. OK, so while that was obviously rude one might understand the rationale even if the explanation was in poor taste and offensive. Being the Marriott loyalist that I WAS (prior to this stay) I brushed it aside and looked at the room. Despite the grounds being in pretty poor shape the room was fairly spacious and that was the most important thing. Making assumptions regarding the upkeep, service, etc.

Well....here goes. Second night in a roach is crawling near the door and I'm thinking maybe it just came in under the crack. I dispose of it quickly and the family retires for the evening. The following day I'm working in the room when housekeeping stops by - the young lady literally changed the towels, pulled the covers up on the bed DID NOT MAKE THE BED and changed the garbage. THEN LEFT! I thought surely she would return to vacuum, clean the bathrooms, finish making the bed, etc. NOPE! Never returned. This went on for a couple of days before I complained and someone different cleaned the room. OK, isolated incident right? WRONG! The next morning we not only have a roach crawling in the KITCHEN but there is a knocking on the wall. Again, I bring the issue to the front desk and I'm told its a woodpecker. I'm not making this up. Well Woody was active all day and all night for my 12 day stay which I cut short. I moved to the Staybridge Suites in Alpharetta. All in all we had to deal with roaches 3 of the 12 days which means there were probably more we just didn't see, terrible housekeeping (almost every time it was cleaned it had to be requested!), food that ran out at the buffet, terrible attitudes from many of the staff (definitely not all of them were bad). The African American gentleman at the front desk was very helpful as was one other lady whose name I wish I had taken down. She was shorter, short natural hair style (description is for the Marriott Management to help identify the GOOD STAFF).

The area (Sandy Springs is a great location) but this hotel should be closed. It's not fit for guests, prisoners, or containment.

If you stay in building 6 bring bug spray and cleaning supplies!

Unique Quality: Roaches.

• Do not give them your debit card!

When I reserved the room, they asked for a credit card to hold the room. I gave them my debit card number and explained that my roommate and I would be splitting the costs of the room. The representative explained that my card would not be charged and that my roommate and I could pay at check-out. When I checked-in, I again made sure that my card would not be charged. The front desk staff explained that my card would not be charged and that my roommate and I could choose our form of payment at checkout. I checked my online bank account the following morning and discovered that the total price of my room for my entire stay plus an additional $62 had been held by the hotel. Later that evening, I checked my bank account again and discovered that an additional $50 had been held. I called the front desk who then informed me that when you use a debit card to reserve your room, $50 per day is held for "incidentals" until you check out. There I was out of town with $500 of my money being held by the hotel which left me with limited funds for the remainder of my stay. The manager explained that the holds would be released at check-out and then it would be up to my bank to determine when they would release the funds after that. By then I was headed home. Do not give them your debit card!!!

Comments