165 Courtland St at International Blvd, Atlanta, Georgia, 30303, United States

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!

Check in was great; given a larger room to accommodate an extra person. That is where the good ended.
    The bathtub drain was so slow that you could barely take a shower w/o it filling up and the pressure was next to zero (maybe because they know they'd have an overflow problem otherwise, huh). This is a Sheraton that must skimp on service to guests because you have to pay for wifi, the sheets are so narrow on the beds you are fighting keeping them ON the bed as you sleep.
    I had driven, paid as instructed by the hotel, as they have it written, also written at the garage, then double checked by an attendant as you pull away ($54.00). The staff tried to charge again when the other party checked out. I was woken up very early at my home and told I had to fax a copy of the receipt immediately to avoid add'l. charges. (This was 6:30a.m., on a Sunday, I'd not gotten home and to bed until 2:30 a.m. from this trip) They need to decide HOW they want the garage charge paid! Twice isn't the solution. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at this hotel. Overall there are much better hotels out there without the hassles.

• Great hotel stay!

We had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton.
    Very clean, quiet and comfortable.
    The pool was lovely and we had it to ourselves quite often.

Only regret: I thought internet access was provided, but the hotel charged a fee.
    C'mon guys, it's 2005!

Unique Quality: Great pool...terrific for kids because it is large and shallow, and has one area that is 10' deep.
    Nice jacuzzi, too.

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo

Good central location

Booked the Sheraton Downtown online and got a good deal by booking with a flight from Houston on the site59 website. Three of us shared a room - very spacous as when we arrived it was quiet and we asked if there were any free upgrades available. The nice lady put us in a corner room with two tv's, two sofas and lots of space.

All very good.

Staff very helpful, if a little blinkered at times.

There were a couple of incidents to note:

1) Service in the cafe was poor, coffee served with milk that had gone off and when I spoke to the manager I was almost shouted at as she didn't realise I was a customer at first. She did apologies and try to excuse herself by being European - well so am I and I'm not that rude!!!

2) Service in the resturant was also poor, food took ages and we were not attended to well at all. In the end we were given free drinks. I would say in their defence that the food was extremely good when it got to us.

At the end of our stay I made a comment to the checkout staff and was pleasantly surprised when they knocked a few dollars off the bill.

All in all - I would recommend the hotel, but just don'y expect bells and whistles!

Unique Quality: Lovely indoor pool area.
    Good food in the resturant.
    Don't forget to add the carparking costs when you are working out costs.
    Check out priceline, site59, expedia, travelocity etc for best prices.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Former Radisson Hotel Atlanta / Spirit of Atlanta

I found my reservation card from the convention I attended in 1998. It was the Radisson Hotel Atlanta and my room rate was $99.00. We were bused to the convention center from the hotel.

Nearest airport: Hartsfield International (ATL) I had to come from the airport on the metro rail and I found it difficult to figure out where the hotel was from the rail stop.

When I went to look the hotel up on the internet, I couldn't find it. Then I found a notice that said it had been bought and was going to be turned into the Spirit of Atlanta. Very shortly after that, it became a Sheraton.

Current Rate Range (2004): From $115 to $1,500 per night *

Please make note that this Atlanta hotel has a cancel policy of 14 DAYS *.

Unique Quality: The cabin and farm of the earliest known settler of Atlanta, Hardy Ivy, was situated where the hotel now stands. Built in the 1960s as Atlanta's first large convention hotel, the facility is at the intersection of International Boulevard and Courtland Street in the heart of Downtown.

With 747 rooms on 12 floors, it is Atlanta's fifth largest and can easily accommodate convention groups of various sizes. Meeting Space: 29 rooms. 14,000 sq. ft. total.

Currently, the website says: Some of the amenities that you will find here are Pool, Meeting Rooms, Room Service, Concierge, Restaurants, Parking, Lounge, Maid Service, Fitness Center, and Shuttle Service. The rooms each have TV, Alarm Clock, Minibar, In Room Safe, Iron, Voicemail, Coffee, Dataport, Hairdryer, Air Conditioning and more. Sheraton Atlanta Hotel's check in time is 3 PM and their check out time is 12 PM.

There was a restaurant in the hotel, and there were other restaurants that we could walk to.

• We stayed at the Sheraton in...

We stayed at the Sheraton in Atlanta, on Courtland Boulevard (street, avenue, whatever). VERY nice hotel, very well run, great accomodations, and well kept rooms. We had a room on the third floor, which had a small balcony overlooking the courtyard and pool area. Very quaint. Excellent staff, and the valet and bell staff were quite polite, friendly, and provided excellent service.
    I believe we paid around $90 a night, for a two night stay.

Directions: On Courtland Avenue. Walking distance to Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood.

More about Sheraton Atlanta Downtown

Impressive exterior, rooms just so so

by TripAdvisor Member chelebele

A friend and I stayed at the Sheraton Atlanta Oct. 23rd and 24th. We had emailed the hotel directly through the website regarding bedding and room preferences, and never received a reply, but the information was noted on our reservation when we arrived. We booked the room through Hotwire and received a really good rate, but the room we were given was average at best.

The lobby was nice, with 2 computers supplying free internet access, and a small gift shop. The pool was beautiful, with an indoor garden type feel. There were rooms with wrought iron balconies opening onto the garden area, and the Bar/lounge called Fandangles that they have there looks over the pool area. They have really strict alcohol purchase rules in that area of Atlanta. They stop serving at 2 am every day, and at midnight on Sunday. We went down to the bar on sunday night to check it out, and were told we were too late.

There is a restaurant and a "deli" type area with coffee and sandwiches. The "restaurant" is a curtained off area with tables seperated by more curtains (that were made of see through jersey material). They kept seating people beside us on the other side of the curtain when we went down for the breakfast buffet on Monday morning, and it was like they were sitting with you. Smacking, slurping, talking and all. I was not impressed with this area, but the buffet was good.

There are rooms at this hotel that are outside, ala motel 6, and inside the main hotel. Luckily, we received one that was inside, as it was very cold and windy. We brought back food for our evening meal to keep from having to go out again on Sunday, only to find no microwave, or refrigerator in our room. This was very disappointing, as I thought that was standard these days, even in 2 star hotels. There was a small coffee maker, TV, desk area, 2 beds and a chair. The bathroom was tiny, and you couldn't move without touching the toilet. Our air conditioning went out the first night we were there, and it got really hot around midnight. We had to call the front desk and they sent someone up to fix it. They gave us the free breakfast buffet the next morning for the inconvenience. The beds are pretty good, we slept very well. Parking is $20 for valet, $15 for self park, and it's outside. When you pull up, you see a parking deck, and it says self park. When you go in and take a ticket, you see that the inside spots are all for valet, and self park is on the other side, outdoors.

The location was pretty good, easy to get to most things, like underground atlanta. We walked to the tabernacle for a concert, and to the Marta station to go to Phipps Plaza for some shopping. Marta is a couple of blocks away, but it's uphill, so put your walking shoes on! Ladies, Phipps and filene's basement is a must for serious shoppers!

Overall, we were very dissapointed with our room, but the hotel was average. The room was comparable with a motel 6 or holiday inn, minus the fridge and microwave. So, if you want something better than that, make sure and ask how much it will cost you, because I'm sure it will!

Filthy, dirty. pig sty

by TripAdvisor Member tx2077

Although the lobby and conference areas are adequately maintained, the rooms are a different story.
The carpet in my room on the second floor of the North Tower, was so dirty I had to remove the sheets from the spare bed and cover the floors.
After I removed the sheets and mattress cover to use as a shield from the filthy carpets, I discovered the numerous urine stains on the bed. The torn, dingy comforters were so lumpy it appeared the blankets were bundled in a mess beneath them.
The toilet, which was the institutional type you would find in a prison, had not been cleaned.
They rave about their "Sweet Bed" but what they fail to mention is that they do not provide sheets that fit the bed. The sheets were about two feet too short, which left the mattress exposed.
The walls were so thin you could hear the conversations of the people in the adjoining room, which kept me awake until past 3:00 a.m. Hotel visitors can easily be heard as they pass by in the hallway, and during my stay this included yelling in the hallways at 4:30 a.m
I was traveling on business, and was unable to get more than a sporadic hour of sleep here and there during my three night stay.
I will never stay at a Sheraton again, nor will any of my colleagues as we all had similar experiences.
On the plus side, the hotel staff was very polite and pleasant.

Cockroaches in the dining room

I just had the chance to finish dinner with my wife in the Fandangles Restaurant located on the 3rd floor in the Sheraton Atlanta downtown hotel when we had an unexpected dinner guest at the table adjacent to ours. My wife was sitting on the couch when she saw a large cockroach crawling across the plate on the adjacent table. We called the restaurant manager to come and he took the plate with the cockroach away. He explained that they have been have the "ecological" team working in the building and provided a small apology at that time. When the front desk was contacted they were unaware of this and the manger called back but it was too late to make any difference.

The hotel overall is not a good location compared to other Atlanta downtown hotels and the hotel staff advised against not walking outside at night. That is why I had dined at the hotel that evening.

Overall I would not recommend for anyone staying in Atlanta downtown district. This is Sheraton franchise hotel and the quality is not up to Starwood hotel group standards.

Terrible hotel staff/parking nightmare/smoke in non-smoking room

My husband and I stayed here for New Year's weekend and had a terrible experience with this hotel staff. The hotel has 2 towers and difficult to navigate without some direction from staff. We spent 25 minutes hauling our luggage around the 6 floor of the North tower only to realize later we were assigned to the 6 floor in the South tower. As we paced up and down the halls we asked 4 staff members for help locating our room and were ignored. Once we returned to the lobby we had a very difficult time gaining assistance from the staff once again. Whatever you do...valet park, you have to pay much more...but believe me it is worth it. In summary, don't stay in this hotel.

needs a dishwasher!

by TripAdvisor Member painguina

Every morning we went to the 3rd floor breakfast buffet. Each time we had to tell the waiter to bring us clean cups and glasses. The buffet was not worth the price. I must say though, the staff was friendly and the room was clean. If I had to stay there again, I would go elsewhere to eat!

Comments