644 N. Highland Ave. NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30306, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

• A Real Dump

Like everyone else, I stayed here because of the close proximity to the Highlands area.
    This is not a boutique-styled anything; it’s a D-U-M-P! I think they believe that they are shabby chic or something. Old, dirty, and mismanaged does not qualify as shabby chic cool.
    The guy, who checked me in, didn’t even turn down the TV to acknowledge me. Then when I said “hello” he didn’t even get up out of his chair until a few minute later after I filled out my reg card.
    He handed me a key and sent me down a filthy stained hallway including carpet and walls into a room that was beyond ridiculous. Half my furniture was either titled or broke. My headboard was nailed to the wall. The A/C cord was so old that I was afraid that if I Ieft it on while I was away, that it would catch the place on fire. I had the worst sleep ever and the worst continental breakfast ever, nothing like sewer water for coffee.
    I couldn’t wait to get the heck out of there.
    When I got home, I spent a half an hour going through my luggage because I was afraid that I brought home bedbugs or something worse.
    If you stay here you’re crazy!

• quirky, hip, fun!

A friend of mine lives across the street from the Inn and suggested that I stayed there April 5, 2006 since I was bringing my boyfriend.

We had a blast! What a fantastic neighborhood. We walked to a truckload of shops and bar hopped all weekend long.

As a budget Inn, this is the best one I have ever been at. I even had a massage downstairs and my friend had her brows plucked at the other salon.

Pretty affordable considering the location was 3 miles from Downtown, which we went to and it was lame. I rather stay in The Highlands and eat, shop, and party any day.

The Inn is crawling with charm and personality. I got to meet the house cat like the other review mentioned, yeah he was a trip. Our room was small but we expected that but it did have a mini-frig and microwave, which was cool. The best part was this cool picture in the room with an advertisement of a Bettie Davis movie but it was all in French-how hot is that?

I did go downstairs into the Ballroom to be nosey and they had painters talking about doing 1920's murals in the courtyard-that is going to be very cool.

I love this place, it reminded me a lot of my stay in New York, the area is great place to gain about 10 pounds eating and drinking all weekend long-

I took a great picture of the front that i will post. i sent this picture to the Inn so they can use it too:)

Unique Quality: Great Location, Clean rooms, Great Services

Directions: In The Highlands

• sulu88's Profile Photo

Nice & Cheap

I stayed here for one night, and was very satisfied with it. It is a historic property, and quite charming. The rooms are very small, and only suitable for two people. It's not exactly a wonderful property, but for the price and location, it's worth it. I would recommend this hotel for someone who wants to stay in a nice area, but is on a budget.

Unique Quality: It is in a very nice , seemingly safe, area of Atlanta with many trendy shops and places to eat within walking distance.

Directions: Virginia Highlands

• kenadams's Profile Photo

A friendly dump

I stayed here for three weeks. It isn't the cleanest, nor the most luxurious hotel in Atlanta, but it's cheap.
    The Highland Inn
    website advertizes as "the european style" hotel in Atlanta.
    Having spent most of my life in Europe, I guarantee you there is nothing european about this place. My stay was decent.
    It is conveniently located near the Jimmy Carter Library and Museum, so it serves its purpose if you're a researcher.

Unique Quality: The entrance is charming, it has all you need: laundry room, cable TV, AC (it doesn't work well in all rooms).

Directions: Northeast Atlanta