The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Convenient Location and Comfortably Luxury

I've stayed here several times when business requires me to stay in Downtown Atlanta. (This Ritz is located in the heart of Downtown Atlanta, just a few blocks from the capital.)

The restaurant is absolutely fabulous! Their Bacon-Blue Burger is my favorite item on their lunch menue and a treat not to be missed! The hotel runs frequent package deals, and rooms can usually be found for a reasonable rate, including valet parking.

All of the hotel staff are friendly and helpful; check-in is always a pleasure. The valet staff is consistent and on the ball!

The rooms are luxurious, with large windows and comfortable appointments. A few years ago the lobby and elevators underwent a face lift which has taken them from the traditional dark mahagony look to the sleeker urban style. (Although the new style is not appealing to me, it has been done well for what it is.) Fresh flowers always grace the lobby.

The hotel is always busy, and depending on the group, it can be noisy. However, security is quick to respond to any complaint. For added security the elevators require room keys to access the guest floors, which is an appreciated feature for a Downtown Atlanta hotel.

Room service is always speedy and very tasty.

All in all I have no complaints at all with the hotel and would recommend it over most others for a Downtown Atlanta hotel despite the lack of a pool.

Unique Quality: Try the weekend breakfast buffet. It is extensive, and always delicious!

Directions: Downtown Atlanta on Peachtree Street, one block from the Hard Rock Cafe and just a few blocks from the capital.

• dgines's Profile Photo

Downtown Elegance

I had a pleasant stay at the hotel. The staff was courtious most of the time. When I arrived after 4PM to check in my room was not ready due to a large wedding party and they asked if I could wait another hour. I protested and a room suddenly became available....

Unique Quality: Free Workout facilities
    Many restaurants and bars around

Atlanta Grill located in the hotel - 'Stylish and awad winning, Atlanta Grill features superb grilled steaks, savory chops and fresh seafood as well as Southern regional specialties in a warm, club-like atmosphere. Seasonal seating is available on the veranda overlooking famous Peachtree Street.'

A copy of the USA Today ($0.75), NY Times ($1.00), or Wall Street Journal($1.00) will be charged to the room. Be sure to turn it down for credit towards your stay. There are plenty of newspapers for free by the elevators on your floor.

Directions: Exit 248C off 75

• Sassy417's Profile Photo

Luxurious oasis in the heart of the city

Gracious , Southern hospitality defines this Buckhead landmark, across from Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza in the upscale financial district.
    Luxurious and inviting, the hotel welcomes guests with a complete sense of opulence. Mahogany furniture and classic Ritz-Carlton crystal chandeliers adorn public spaces and guestrooms. Art and antiques from the 18th and 19th centuries add old-world charm to this city hotel. The Ritz-Carlton is known for world renown guests. The hotel offers sumptuous accommodations with many ammenties, and provides a most elegant ambience.

Unique Quality: Received the prestigious AAA Four-Star Diamond Award-2003. Mediterrainean restaurant inside and The Club Lounge, also Atlanta Grill offers breakfast, lunch and dinners and Sunday brunch, old-world charm w/elegance, beautiful surroundings, superb and professional staff at your service. The Ritz offers 444 guest rooms and 22 personal suites with bay window views of Atlanta.

Directions: Located at intersection of 141 across from Lenox Square Mall, Lenox NE, close to High Museum of Art and Piedmont Park area near Peachtree historical district.

More about The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta

Really disappointed

Three night stay was a nightmare. First of all, the hotel and rooms were just slightly better than average--nothing to crow about. The service was average at best...other than addressing you by name every time you call the front desk or room service, they aren't doing anything extra that would justify their 5-star rating. I had to struggle to get my suitcase into the front door and down the stairs (stairs!) to the lobby (who designed this place?). No one ever offered help nor offered to take my bag to the room. We were bothered by noise the entire time we were there. You can hear every door slamming out in the hallway, and we had a group of women in the room next door that kept us up at all hours--the walls were so thin we could hear every word they were saying! A total disappointment.

Business hotel

Stayed here for business. This is a hotel for strictly business as it is convenient to the trade show sites. I would not stay here for leisure. The hotel lobby is small with just one option for dining, the Atlanta Grill. The restaurant was excellent and has outdoor seating. It is enormously expensive, good for expense accounts. The room was exactly pictured. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The housekeeping service was always on our floor if you needed anything which was great - however, they were very loud in the morning. As a business traveler I was surprised that the in room internet access was not updated. They were still operating on a windows 95/98 system which was not compatible with my laptop. I would say this seemed to be the nicest hotel if you have to stay in dowtown Atlanta.

Great place to stay downtown!

I stayed at this hotel for a trade show downtown - I have been there many times in the last few years. It is a great location for downtown meetings. This trip the hotel felt busy and energized! The staff was terrific and very attentive. They even remembered my name. The rooms are nice, the beds are awesome but it is really the people who work there who make it great. You just can't find sevice like that at most other hotels.

Beyond our expectations

by TripAdvisor Member hotelreviewed

Room: Very nice and clean

Service: Excellent. We were excited to leave the room because we knew we would be pampered in all of our activities.

Food: Atlanta Grill for Breakfast and Drinks. Nice but very expensive.

This was our second stay to celebrate our anniversary. We will be back!!!!

Brand Slipping

If it were not a Ritz Carlton I would look past the worn carpet in the lobby, the moldering furniture by one of the entrances. In the room, the tub/shower drain was slow and the tub did not seem clean. The phone was disgustingly dirty. Under the bed, a few treats including a moldering cookie. I had a time sensitive package waiting for me upon arrival but it was given to me, with some prodding, at check out. On the plus side, bedding was comfortable the fabric on the furniture was stain free. The lobby bar staff is excellent and they have a piano player in the early evening and you don't have to be a guest to enjoy it. It just doesn't feel like a Ritz Carlton, next time it's the 4 Seasons.

Nice Holiday Inn / Poor Ritz Carlton

I chose this hotel because I thought it would be like the Ritz in Buckhead. The two could not be more different. The room is large but with aged furniture. The bathroom is of motel 6 quality with a very weak shower (a personal pet peeve). The service was adequate to slow. The check in clerk was a trainee who was not ready for prime time. I had to badger the front desk numerous times to get a fax or package delivered. The iron was broken. Room service was slow. Needless to say I was not impressed and wonder why Ritz would keep this inferior property in its portfolio. This would be a nice Holiday Inn or an acceptable Radisson. But it's a lousy Ritz.

Be aware of fleas, Animal friendly Hotel?????? Far from being a Ritz!!!

We checked in late, front office staff were great, went to our room, to find out that the bathroom has not been cleaned and restocked with soap, towels, robes and shampoos, dirty towels were still there, we called house keeping, they responded fast. when we went back to sleep, my wife started itching, she woke me up, I looked at her legs, there she had itchy bumps on her skin, were wrote off as allergy, but the following night she had more of those all over her body and i started itching too but I felt some stinging with itching, I checked my skin and to my suprise I had flea bites all over my body and my wife had the sam, we contacted the front office, they appologized, they accepted cnahging our room, and promised to relay that to the management, but never heard from them I asked the clerk twice in following two day to have management call me they never did, never aknowledge the problem, or send me at least a letter of apology. I expected an adjustment of the the first two nights we stayed ther suffering from those fleas, they adjusted only one night, the night the y moved us to the new room close to midnight. I will never go again there, your site should rate this Hotel at the bottom of the list of hotels in Atlanta downtown.

Comments