The Ritz-Carlton Buckhead

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about The Ritz-Carlton Buckhead

Ritz Carlton Buckhead

by goingsolo about Buckhead

The Ritz Carlton is Buckhead's 5 star hotel and its lobby bar is the scene of a lively happy hour crowd on Friday nights. Its known as a place to see and be seen. As expected, food and drinks cost extra here, as its the Ritz, after all. Its not a place you'd make a night of, unless you were eating and staying here, but its a nice spot to stop in and have a cocktail to begin the evening. Jackets and ties are not required, but its definitely not a t shirt and jeans kind of place either. I think the phrase I'm going for is "business casual".

Oh my God!

It was amazing to check into such a well known hotel and have such poor and rude service. The room looked and felt tired, the staff did not care. When we had issues and spoke to the hotel manager who was a women with a thick accent short black hair she just dismissed us. She was very rude unaccomodating and made us feel horrible. Eventhough the room looked old it was clean and the food we had was geat. I highly recomend having brunch there, though watch out for service.

The Emperors New Clothes….

by TripAdvisor Member Stompper

I stayed here two weeks ago during a job interview. I was very disappointed and felt badly for my host that I was treated poorly. I had stayed here several years ago and found that they still care little for me or my business. They certainly did not hide their displeasure for my return to their hotel by their actions throughout my stay. I rate this hotel compared to others I have stayed at in this category of hotel.

My night included complimentary parking. I have a special car that I do not let others drive. Initially they would only allow me to park in self parking for an additional fee if they did not drive my car into the parking lot. Finally, after I was thoroughly embarrassed for making this request, they allowed me to put the car in the lot if someone drove with me.

They refused to address me by my correct name even after correcting them. It would not be such a big deal if they did not make a big deal about always addressing you by name.

I had asked to have a room on a high floor, but they initially placed me on a lower floor. When we got off the elevator there were construction people in the hallway. We had to step over tools and carpeting to get to the room. The nonsmoking room was tired with stained carpeting and it smelled of smoke. It was noisy from the construction in the other rooms. I called down to complain and was moved to a higher floor. I couldn’t understand why they would not have done this in the first place rather than putting me next to construction. The waiting for the bellman to bring the new keys, the move, and the forgotten luggage killed what was to be some relaxation time prior to dinner. The new room was also tired, but we just dealt with it.

The staff have a way of being condescending and demeaning. Although I could well afford the hotel, was not in jeans, had no pairings, came with two very nice cars and had clean luggage, I was made to feel as if I were not worthy of being at the hotel. We were quiet, polite, and would not have been considered pushy, flashy or obnoxious in the face of their treatment.

The hotel seemed overpriced, old and tired. I did not like their promotion of a smoke friendly environment in the bar commons area. It seemed as ridiculous as their pompous staff.

After checking out we received calls later that day to find out how we planned to pay for our stay even though someone else had made the arrangements and payment for our stay.

Because I would want to know if there were problems if I put someone up at a hotel, I told the person who arranged my stay that there were problems. Someone from the Ritz emailed me a letter stating that they would like to know about my problems and hoped to make my next stay better. I wrote back an email outling my complaints in detail. The person has not responded back.

For me, I see no value in spending anywhere from $250 to $600 a night to receive this treatment just to say I stayed at the Ritz. I have stayed at the Four Seasons in Atlanta several times and have not do date experienced such poor service. I have no problem spending that kind of money to stay at the Atlanta Four Seasons. I have even stayed at two Westins in Atlanta and although the stays were not great, the treatment and level of service I received was as good if not better than at the Ritz at about $100 a night.

This is not a 5 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member debbie_riding

Where do I start. There was a large whole in the wall in the main sleeping room, they tried to plaster over it, but it was obvious that they did a bad job. In the bathroom the 2 glass shelves were falling off the wall. In the lounge they had coffee in the morning. Cold, very cold??? Under one of the cabinets it was obvious that there was supposed to be a mini-bar, but that had been taken out, and there was a large hole there instead. They charged us for a call on the phone. When I disputed the call, they said why do you care, your room is covered by your company. I said because I didn't make it, and then she said prove it, so I saw that that call was made 4 hours before we checked in. I've never had to argue incorrect billed call/charge before in my life. This is not a luxury hotel. I've never stayed in a ritz before that was so run down.

A rip-off

Unworthy of the name. I have traveled for business for over 4 years, and have stayed in over 200 different hotels. When I got a good rate at the Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead, in Atlanta, I was excited. Sorry to say, but the room was average in terms of comfort, the staff was less than friendly, and the room-service food was just bad.

This is a Ritz-Carlton?

Felt like I was staying in a Holiday Inn. The room looks like it had not been redone in 10 years, the bathroom was old and seemed dingy, and the service was not worthy of a Ritz-Carlton. As someone who is fortunate to stay regularly in Ritz-Carlton's, this is one I would pass up in the future (as I would the sister property downtown). I hear Ritz-Carlton's are individually owned- I hope this franchisee gets his act together.

The Place for the Peachtree

by TripAdvisor Member Aggressor6

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Buck hear for the 4th of July weekend. It was a great place to be for the start of the Peachtree Road Race. The staff answered all request quickly and promptly. My 8 year old daughter got to act like the princess she wants to be. We were able to sit in the hallway and watch the fireworks show from Lenox Square. I do think the chagrin $25.00 to park your car is extreme. My children loved the pool and the spa was great after running the race.

great stay!

i was very happy with my 3-night, business stay at the ritz buckhead.

service was excellent! i found the staff to be very friendly from the moment i arrived. i was greeted whenever i passed a staff member throughout my stay (e.g. in the lobby, in the elevator or hallway). staff was also extremely helpful with my MANY requests to housekeeping, front desk, and concierge.

executive suite was very pleasant and comfortable. i loved the panoramic windows/views. decor was very nice. housekeeping stops by twice a day, which was very convenient. evening turn down was a relaxing way to end a busy day (e.g. classical music playing, slippers laid out, mini chocolates, bottled water on the nightstand, and ice bucket conveniently filled).

lounge area was also nice. good music in the evenings and again, great service.

location was also convenient--across the street from 2 shopping plazas and a short 5 minute walk to the MARTA station.

i trust in frommers's reviews whenever i travel for business or pleasure. i always find their reviews to be reliable and honest, and this is no exception. they list this hotel as one of the best service hotels and "the rolls royce" of atlanta hotels. from my experience, i must agree.

Everything a Ritz should be & MORE!

by TripAdvisor Member suze_shoes

This is a real Ritz Carlton. They step up to the plate when there's a time crunch and an unusual request and come thru with flying colors. We stayed here September 2005 and were impressed with the attentiveness of the staff, cleanliness of the hotel and simply outstanding service. In addition, we witnessed a guest having a "meltdown" and were very taken with the professional way in which the front desk handled the situation, apologizing to us for how rude the guest was. yes, this is a very good choice.

Spotty Service

by TripAdvisor Member goinfre

I generally stay at Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons and am almost always happy with them. In this case, the service was spotty -- to say the least. Four specifics. First, we returned to our room at 4:45 PM one day and it had not been made up. We had to call and wait in the lobby for it to be done -- in fairness, they moved quickly when we called -- and not being able to use the room on our return affected the timing of our plans for the rest of our day. Second, evening turndown service took away our hand soap and bath floor mat one night and we had to call for their return. I still can't figure out why they would take soap that was virtually new and not replace it. Third, while we were getting dressed for the evening they tried to deliver their arrival gift and we told them to return after 8 PM. Instead, they left a message asking us to call for it. Not awful, but not great either. Fourth, the concierge screwed up his assignment of confirming an existing dinner reservation. I had to phone him 3 times on my cell for him to get it right. On the plus side, The Dining Room restaurant, which is of national repute, was excellent (if fully priced). I thought the breakfasts were OK but some spark seemed to be lacking; maybe I just didn't care for the way their buffet was layed out. As always, though, the staff was attentive -- even if ineffectual. They did have their private car drive us to restaurants in the evening and that was very good and much appreciated. The truth is that this is still probably the best hotel in Buckhead and I'll try it again....

Comments