3391 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Westin.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Be Aware, Westin Buckhead Employs Convicted Felons

Heads up to all Atlanta tourists... The Westin Buckhead (3391 Peachtree Rd NE Atlanta, Ga), adjacent to Lenox mall, employs convicted felons! One such felon, who works in the Banquet department, has been convicted of credit card theft, credit card fraud & firearm possession! As a consumer, I find it disturbing that a brand such as Starwood Hotels would allow these type of individuals to represent their establishments. I wonder what type of background checks, if any, are being conducted! In this economy, there are probably thousands of well qualified, honest & hospitable people that would make great employees! Starwood/Westin is not some scum brand of hotel that shouldn't be able to hold their employees to a higher standard.

• Zarasher's Profile Photo

Now called The Westin

Perfectly Located directly in next to Lenox Mall. Hotel was very grand, although the rooms aren't as impressive as the rest of the place!

The rooms are very spacious and have three phones. Two in the room and one in the bathroom. I liked the fact that there were speakers in the bathroom so that you could still hear the TV

They have a very nice restaurant called The Palms... well it looked nice anyway... I never actually ate there!

Service was very good and the staff were always willing to accomodate.

Unique Quality: The Pool and Gym were nice, had a nice variety of machines and was empty most mornings.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

The Westin Buckhead Atlanta

The Westin Buckhead is one of 4 Westins within the city. The hotel is a less expensive alternative to the 5 star with prices to match Ritz Carlton, located a couple of blocks away. The hotel is also walking distance from Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza, Buckhead's premiere shopping locations. There are a bunch of great restaurants in the area and a pretty outgoing nightlife crowd as well.

Unique Quality: Location. Buckhead is about 20 minutes north of downtown and is known for its restaurants, shopping and nightlife. The Westin is right in the middle of it all.

Directions: Take Hwy 400 north to the Lenox exit. Take a right on Peachtree St South and you'll see the hotel on the left.

More about Westin Buckhead Atlanta

Westin Buckhead is Heavenly!

The Westin Buckhead in Atlanta was wonderful! The heavenly bed and heavenly shower were incredible! We only stayed for one night, but would definitely go back to this hotel again. The staff is extremely kind, the rooms are very clean, pool & sauna are excellent. As of two months ago, the entire hotel became smoke-free, so if you have a smoker in your party take note.

Great Weekend at the Westin Buckhead

by TripAdvisor Member J Bellenger

We spent a weekend at the Westin Atlanta Buckhead on March 17 - 19 2006. Made the reservations on line for the Romance Package which included room service for breakfast, Champagne / Strawberrys, Self Parking, and a 4 PM Checkout. My wife and I wanted to get away for the weekend and stay somewhere nice - we were not dissapointed. We self parked once we arrived and took the elevator to the Motor Lobby (ML) and then walked to another bank of elevators and up to the Lobby. Checkin was a breeze Friday Night and the Champagne was chilled and awaiting us in the room. We had a standard room on the 18th floor and it was nicely appointed. If you have never stayed in a Westin then you are in for a real treat. The "Heavenly Bed" lives up to its name as well as the "Heavenly Bath". I am not one to sleep late, but in this bed - it was no problem...

Room Service was great for breakfast, however, we did not sample any of the other offerings or the Palm Restaurant. Workout room is very nice with enough treadmills / machines to satisfy most people. The Pool is inside only and there is a small patio off the pool to catch a few rays. There is also a steam / sauna room in the pool area - No HotTub.

The Hotel is right across the street from Lenox Mall and a block away from the Marta station (Transit for Metro Atlanta Area) We took the Marta downtown for a tour of CNN. It is quite easy to use and better than driving and having to find / pay to park.

The only problems I noted with the hotel we're the following (I also read both of these on other reviews)
1) The walls / front door are surprisingly thin - We could hear everything going on in the halls and a nice crying baby right next door. When we we're walking out we noticed that his/her crib was right next to our wall - SWEET!!!!!
2) I was charged for the Champagne and had to stop by the front desk on the way out - They took care of it immediately, but with their own package you would not expect to have to do that.

These were two small details (the noise was annoying, but did not ruin our weekend) but all and all for a weekend away it was a great time at the Westin Atlanta Buckhead......

Fantastic hotel but they charge you for everything

by TripAdvisor Member rdcjMD

Just spent 6 days in this wonderful hotel. Check in was smooth and the front desk staff was extremely accomodating which I appreciated after a 4 hour delay in my flight. The location is unbeatable!! You are in the middle of at least 2 malls and the Marta was a stone throw away. The bed was the best. You could practically sink in it.
Downside was they charge you almost for everything. Other than that I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Wonderful Westin in Buckhead

Here for one night. Very modern, new and hip (trance music playing in the lobby) hotel.

Parked underground for $15 and took 2 elevators to the lobby. Checked in right away at 11AM to our king, NS room. Walked 5 minutes to Marta to go downtown. Upon return, used Westin's fabulous fitness center on 6th floor. There were the newest treadmills, bikes, ellipses, good selection of weight machines, mats and fitness "balancing-balls"; also a very nice indoor pool and sauna.

The room very, very nicely appointed: heavenly,pillow-top king bed with lovely soft/satiny sheets & lots of pillows. Very nice lighting, handsome lamps, screens on the windows to block the sun's glare but let light in. Great 2-headed shower and fluffy towels and 2 bath robes. Everything was top notch, pristine condition, classy furnishings, clean and welcoming.

Lots of restuarants within walking distance. Cold on our visit, so chose rib-sticking, italian Maggiano's 5 minute walk away. Planned to have breakfast at the Corner Bakery, skipped it as still full after the italian dinner.

heavenly bed

by TripAdvisor Member AmyBinder

After a horrible experience at another hotel we found everyone at the Westin to be fabulous. Brian was a great bellman who offered us helpful suggestions. You will not want to get out of the bed in the morning. Just a world class place.

Excellent Hotel But Poor Service

I stayed at this hotel in February for a romantic weekend with my wife. We booked the romance package which came with champagne and strawberries and breakfast for two by room service. The hotel facilities are exceptional and the corner room that we had requested was superb. Check in was fast and the front desk staff were very friendly and attentive. The hotel is very well situated right beside the Lenox mall and a block from the MARTA station. Although the hotel was nice, we did have two main complaints. First, they didn't seem to understand what their own romance package was about. Upon checking in I asked about the complimentary self parking that was to be included in the package. I was told that parking was not included, and even though I argued that it was listed on the website, I didn't have a copy and they would not do anything about it. Second, when we checked in we requested the champagne and strawberries to be delivered immediately. We settled into the room and waited an hour but no champagne and strawberries. Finally we called down and said that since they hadn't arrived, we would be going out and requested that they be delivered at 9 PM. We returned and ordered room service which was good but took over an hour to arrive. Nine o'clock came and went with no champagne and strawberries. We called at 9:30 and said they were very busy but it was on it's way. Called again at 10:00 and were told that they were out of the champagne that was normally used for this package and they would have to find a replacement. Finally got the champagne and strawberries at 11:00 PM! And then they placed a charge on the room bill for them! I had that removed upon check out with no problem. Fortunately the room service breakfast the next morning went smoothly and was not billed to the room. Several minor points: be careful and watch what gets charged to your room bill; the service charge for room service is a whopping 21% and I have never tipped that much even at upscale restaurants; the self parking fee is an outrageous $17. Also, nothing that the hotel can do about it but the traffic surrounding the hotel and the mall is very congested. Overall it was a great package but the execution left much to be desired.

A Top Quality Westin

by TripAdvisor Member thegov

I travel all the time, stay in many Westins, am Starwood Gold, and must say this Westin probably ranks in the top 3 I have stayed in. Since Startwood bought this hotel from Swissotel a couple years ago, this location has received some nice renovations like new carpet in the rooms, new wallpaper, new paint, etc.

This Westin is clean, updated, and in a great location. The service has been perfect for me, and I have no complaints. I always find Westins to be a bit overpriced for what you get, but if you get a sub $180 a night rate for this hotel - stay here!

NOT Relaxing and Not worth the $$$

by TripAdvisor Member alotmorefun

I booked this hotel for my wedding anniversary based on the reviews I read on this site. I was very excited and booked the CLUB level room for $259 a night... Club level supposedly includes 4 "meal presentations" including cocktails. The room description says 420 sq. feet and a snack station.

Upon arrival we got lost trying to park and find the front desk! There are NO signs when you self park and we wandered around trying to figure out where to go. Plus self parking is $17 a day; I suggest you spend the $22 and valet park just so you don't get lost.
The front desk help was friendly enough and I told her we were there for our wedding anniversary. I asked about late check-out and she offered us 3:00 pm which I thought was great! So, off we went to our room on the 21st floor.
Upon entering the room it seemed just standard size. I immediately went to the bathroom only to find we had NO BATHTUB, only a shower. Who doesn't want a bathtub for $250+ bucks a night on their anniversary? We called down to the front desk and they apologized and said they could move us to a room with a bathtub. Why would they put a couple on their anniversary in a room obviously designed for a business man? So we met the Concierge outside the new room. He kindly took us into our new room and showed us the ropes. "DON'T TOUCH THE WINE! It's set on a special pad that if you move it, you will immediately be charged for it! Same goes with the snack station". The fridge in the room is full of snacks that you litterally cannot move or you will be charged, so don't plan on using the fridge for your own stuff. The new room did have a bathtub, but it's just a bathtub and not a very big one and our room was no where near 420 sq. feet.

The only good thing(s) about this hotel is the bed; It is VERY Comfortable and fluffy, and the workout/gym, very nice.

About 5:30 I decided to hit the Club area to check out the spread. There were 6 bottles of liquor, coke/sprite/water, one bottle of red wine and a variety of cheeses, crackers, fruit, crab cakes, and two salads. No beer (for the husband), no diet coke, no stir sticks, no bev-naps, little things I know... but things that we require for alcohol consumption.
The Club level Concierge we found to be unattentive and unfriendly. Their was a different one at each presentation and all of them were equally unhelpful and RARELY around. We wondered what they were doing the whole time because they certainly weren't helping any of us on the club floor!
We had dinner that night at The Palm (hotel restaurant) which I highly recommend. We had the filet mignon and asparagus with lobster bisque (alacarte) and it cost $138 including tip, no alcohol either. But, Excellent service and the steak was HUGE and cooked perfectly.
We stopped by the club again and grabbed a couple dessert treats and coffee (uh, no creamer!) and as usual the concierge was no where to be found.

The next morning we were awaken repeatedly starting at around 7:30 am by constant door slamming. Up and down the hall, over and over again. The doors are very heavy and the walls are THIN so when someone leaves their room, they just let the door slam behind them. "Boom! Boom! Boom!"... Needless to say, it got annoying!
Finally that died down and we fell back asleep only to be woken at 9:00 am by the MAID knocking on each and every door on our floor to see if people were still in the rooms. "Housekeeping!" (And, she almost walked in on us!) I can not believe a hotel of that calibur lets the maid go around waking the entire floor up to see if guests have vacated! Check-out is 12:00 NOON, why start rousting everyone at 9am? (Don't they have reports or something to figure that out by?) Cheaper chain hotels don't even do that!

Since we were awake, we headed to the club level breakfast (7:30-10:30am) at 9:30 to find almost everything gone. I informed the concierge that they were out of eggs, coffee, bagels/bread, coffee creamer/halfnhalf, smoked salmon, and pretty much everything they had to offer. She rudely snapped at me and walked off. (Easy, no tip for her!!) We decided to head back to the room and try again in 10 minutes. We eventually managed to get eggs, coffee w/ creamer and some fruit.
We retired to our room again to shower and hang out. 11:00 am and once again, KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK - "MINI-BAR"... Now some guy was knockin' on each and every door wanting to fill the mini-bars (snack stations). I have NEVER been so bothered by hotel staff in my entire life. Check-out is NOON!!!
I thought this would be a restful place with a "heavenly" bed? NOT FOR US! So, if you are considering staying at The Westin for a romantic, relaxing time where you will recieve impeccible service, THINK AGAIN!!! It's not going to happen there! So, consider yourself WARNED!

Comments