3600 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30305, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 4 star hotels

• leplaya's Profile Photo

Great hotel in Buckhead

This is a great bargain in the fancy Buckhead area of town. It has nice, large rooms. Lots of amenities like free wireless, free breakfast, free shuttle rides (in limos!), free parking, cable tv, microwave, refrigerator, and a nice bar. The staff is really nice and helpful. It's also very quiet. A great place to stay especially if you have a car (although even without a car you can get free shuttle rides to the MARTA train station).

More about Wingate Inn Atlanta Buckhead

"It's a beautiful day at the Wingate Inn..."

by TripAdvisor Member wowfactor

When the man on reception answers the phone like that you know that the customer service is something else. This hotel is excellent value and offers a number of free extras - internet, breakfast, safe, tea making facilities- that you wouldn't necessarily get in more expensive hotels. The complimentary shuttle is certainly something worth having - we went to to the shopping malls, local restaurants and the local subway from where we could get easily to other sights in Atlanta. Overall for what we paid it was well worth every penny. Downsides? people being allowed in the pool area when they get back from concerts when the rest of us are trying to sleep. But don't let that put you off.

Fab Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jazziedd

Loved this hotel. Receptionists were so friendly and helpful. Rooms were stylish and clean. Breakfast great and the highlight for my kids was to be driven around the area in the stretch limo shuttle (3 mile radius of the hotel) Would recommend this hotel in Buckhead as it is a relaxed, comfortable hotel - more than some of the more expensive options in the area.

i like to complain

by TripAdvisor Member anythingcarz

The rooms are a hair on the small side. I think thats with all the Wingate Hotels that I've been to. What ever they pay the people at the front desk here, it's not enough. They are true professional's. GREAT PLACE, I CAN'T COMPLAIN!

Exceeded our expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Isrtrav

From the moment we walked through the front door, into the nicely furnished lobby, we were greeted by the extraordinary staff and delicious cookies to munch while we checked in. This hotel is clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. The front desk staff were all friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Our rooms had beautiful appointments, with extremely comfortable beds. This hotel offers free limousine service within the local area, which we used frequently, and the service was always prompt, courteous, and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is ample and sufficient, with many choices. There is also free internet service, a lovely pool, and an exercise room. This would be the perfect choice for any business or vacation stay.

Enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member l3414

This is a good hotel. The staff are lovely, they call you by name when they see you. They defininately know how to treat people.
The free limo rides are wonderful, and the drivers are excellent, you feel like royalty!
I only have one complaint, the first room we were given was near the lift. It was Saturday night and the hotel was busy. We found that people were coming back from their night out, standing outside the lift and and having a conversation, before going to bed, this went on until about 3.00a.m. The next day I asked if we could change rooms, away from the lift. This was done really quickly. They got another room cleaned and we were moved in within 2hrs. Unfortunately I think, either the hotel has thin walls, or we were just unlucky with noisy neighbours, but we could still hear other people quite loudly in the night. I didn't ask to be moved again as we were only there for 5 nights, and overall we enjoyed the hotel.
The pool area is nice, and we liked Buckhead.

Definitely got my money's worth...plus more!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingFrom

This is probably the best value hotel you will ever find! My boyfriend and I booked our stay on the hotel website for about $101 per night.

For that very low price, you get the following:
- Free breakfast, including made-to-order omelettes, bacon, cereal, coffee, etc. We were so stuffed that we had to skip lunch one day!
- Free use of their workout room and pools
- Free wi-fi in the hotel room
- Free use of their 2-3 computers and printers (which came in handy when we purchased our tickets to the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, and a Braves game)
- Courteous front desk staff...talk about Southern hospitality!
- Good-sized, clean rooms with hardwood floors
- Great location
- Free limo service (Cadillac Escalades, SUV limo, stretch limo) within 3 miles of the hotel (until 11pm)...our favorite perk!

The free limo service was a very convenient feature. The drivers were very courteous and helpful. They drove us to restaurants, train stations, shopping centers, etc. (anywhere within 3 miles). They also gave us their phone numbers, so that we can call them to get picked up! We never had to take any cabs, which saved us a lot of money. One time, we had asked them to pick us up from the Buckhead train station. However, we did not realize that we had gone on the wrong train line. We had called them to inform them of our mistake and they went out of their way to pick us up at the train station we ended up at. Talk about great service!

The front desk staff are true examples of Southern hospitality. After we had checked out of our hotel around 11am, we had about 1.5 hrs to kill before our lunch reservations. We were fine with just hanging out in the lobby and reading some magazines. However, the front desk decided to go above and beyond! They had called housekeeping to delay turn service and gave us keys to our room again (even after we just checked out)...just in case we wanted to hang out and watch TV for a little bit. They also did some research and gave us some recommendations on things to do nearby. I was very impressed!

Wingate Inn Atlanta Buckhead has definitely set the bar high! Next time I'm in Atlanta, I know where I'll be staying!

Best manager

by TripAdvisor Member janeb65

We just got back from a weekend in Atlanta at the Wingate and had an excellent experience. The hotel itself was above average with some very nice extras like the breakfast and evening bar. But the best thing about this hotel is by far the management. Anthony is the best manager we have come in contact with in a long time. The fact that you even come in contact with a manager is rare nowadays. He went out of his way to make sure we were well taken care of and sometimes we can seem a bit high maintenance. Anytime we are in Atlanta we will stay here as long as Anthony is there and as good as he is, that may not be long.

Atlanta’s Best Kept Secret!

by TripAdvisor Member Dragona

I arrived at Buckhead MARTA station (N7) from the airport, and called
the hotel to request a free pick up fully expecting to be told
that as I hadn’t checked in yet I’d have to find my own way there. On the contrary, I was warmly greeted and informed that the driver would be with me momentarily and so she was. Good start.

From that moment on, my intitial impressions were only reinforced. The reception staff were friendly and professional, always welcoming and willing to help. The rooms are comfortable and had everything needed including complimentary wi-fi broad band. Breakfast was more than adequate with cereals and fruit and the usual cooked goodies. Then there were cookies in the afternoon to go with the complimentary coffe and tea.

All in all, they couldn't do enough for you - that's rare these days so thank you Desi, Alan, Anthony, Sherri and Cory, I am so looking forward to the next time.

Great value!

by TripAdvisor Member aharra

Comfortable, large room, better than expected breakfast, excellent, friendly service; if housekeeping was more reliable would have rated excellent; would definitely stay here again

Comments