Wingate Inn Atlanta Galleria Center

More about Atlanta

Pasta Vino Italian VealPasta Vino Italian Veal

Visitor's CenterVisitor's Center

Black 'N' Spicy BurgerBlack 'N' Spicy Burger

Insert money here-it did not work well for usInsert money here-it did not work well for us

Welcome a Fellow VT'er to Atlanta!

by balfor

Hey Fellow Atlantans! A VT'er on her first solo trip out of England will be visiting on the weekend of March 15th and 16th and wants to get together with some of the local VT'ers on this side of the pond.

The link to her forum posting is: http://members.virtualtourist.com/f/p/60d98/

This is the link to the meetings page: http://meetings.virtualtourist.com/meeting-4195-1-0-765807-Atlanta---meeting.html

Let's get together and meet some fellow Atlantans and greet a new traveler on her new travels! Rex Vaughan or I will get further details and post them. Looking forward to seeing some local VT'ers again!

by rexvaughan

Just bookmarking. Hope lots of folks show up.

by balfor

Me too! It would be nice for there to be a dozen or more people like we have had before. :-)

by balfor

Hello all. I was trying to get some info about what type of venue Kayleigh wanted to meet in and she said she just found out that her work schedule has changed and she's not going to be able to make it to Atlanta. Hopefully she'll be able to make it another time, but for now her trip over here is off.

Travel Tips for Atlanta

Well, basically everything I...

by AusChris26

Well, basically everything I said on my Georgia page, relates to this page... I lived at Vinings Peak, in Vinings, Cobb County.. In the apartment complex that I lived, we had a communal pool, spa, and bar-b-q... Every Saturday (In Summer) everyone would converge on to the pool and sit around, chat, and drink.. At first, no body knew each other, but within a few weeks, we all became a close nit group of friends.. Some of my best friends were made at that pool.. It got to the stage where, we would spend all day at the pool drinking, and then go out for more drinks and dinner, as a big group.... That's what i call community spirit!

November Packing List

by ATXtraveler

During my trip this year, the temperature remained in the 70s, although this seemed a little warm than I would expect for Atlanta at this time of year. I would probably recommend bringing warmer clothes for November in case, as it could get much colder during this time.

The African-American Bookstore

by Scarlie

I was walking on foot from Underground Atlanta to the Centenial Park/CNN Center and saw a bookstore (it's the ONLY bookstore in this part of town).

True to my habit, I went in -- and I was surprised because it was tailored exclusively to African-American customers. Don't get me wrong -- I think it's great -- but I've never been to a store that featured a book called "Slim Down, Sister"! (In promise I'll buy it next time!)

The store was lovely, and the service great -- even tho they were as much suprised as I was. At the end our mutual curiosity won over and I got a few books and left with very nice memories.

bars bars bars

by Smarr about lulou's bait shack

You can drink and party inside in the lower areas or you can head to the roof. You MUST have a fishbowl. They will get you hammered and are only US25 with a lot of straws and a plastic alligator. The blue is the best. Share it with your friends because if you drink one by yourself you are sure to get F'ed up and you just might wake up in the gutter or naked wandering the streets of Atlanta. LOL what ever you want, from shorts and a t-shirt to a TUX

MARTA

by cvilla007

MARTA is an okay way to get around Atlanta. It's cheap, but doesn't run all night and you'll need to take buses to get to most places. There is a train station at the airport, and there are stations located in downtown, midtown, and buckhead. If you're staying in these places, then I suggest taking MARTA.

Comments