Hotel Palomar Atlanta - Midtown - a Kimpton Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Palomar Atlanta - Midtown - a Kimpton Hotel

The Heart of Midtown Atlanta

by TripAdvisor Member AtlantaFan

First, I must disclose that I have yet to stay at Atlanta's Hotel Palomar. I visited the property due to the fact that I am an adjacent residential neighbor. I cannot speak to the specific services provided (I'll leave that to others), rather I want to comment on the quality of the building design and the neighborhood offerings.

Location:
The hotel is set amongst historic buildings and new high-rise condos that are distinctively Atlanta. MARTA’s Midtown rapid rail station is just two blocks away from the front door.

Midtown is also know as Atlanta’s Heart of the Arts. The hotel provides a great base to the community’s cultural attractions including the High Museum of Art, The Atlanta Botanical Garden, The Center for Puppetry Arts, The Symphony, The Alliance Theater, The Fox Theater, Georgia Tech, Piedmont Park, and some beautiful historic single-family neighborhoods that make for some great walks.

Additionally, over 100-restaurants serve dinner nightly within walking distance of the hotel’s front door. In fact, Ecco (just up 7th Street) was named a "Best New Restaurant in America" by Esquire magazine in 2006.

Hotel:
Pictures of my tour are posted. Rooms range in size, but all are roomy, modern, artful, and luxurious.

Verdict:
I followed the development of the property since permitting and I must admit that after touring -- it surpassed all expectations.

This isn’t an ultra-lounge kind of hotel, but rather transitional in its approach to design design. The hotel is neither on the City's main drag nor in the heart of the action, but its one-off location adds to a sense of discovery without sacrificing any convenience or access.

In short, if I were to visit Atlanta this is the place I would want to stay.
In fact, when I have guests and friends visiting this is where I will send them.

Highly Recommend Hotel Palomar!

by TripAdvisor Member atlres

My husband, small child and I just returned from a 12 night stay at Hotel Palomar. We are from Atlanta and needed a place to stay during a small home renovation. My husband's office is in Midtown, and we decided to try the new Hotel Palomar. So glad we did: the hotel is gorgeous; the rooms are extremely well designed with comfortable beds and plenty of room to stow your belongings; the bathrooms are pristine with super soft towels and L'Occitane products, and the staff is eager to make your stay enjoyable. My husband has already recommended the hotel to visiting clients, and we will do the same for friends looking for a place to stay in Atlanta.

This is the place to stay in Atlanta!

by TripAdvisor Member solnishko3

I have been to several Kimpton locations prior to my visit to Hotel Palomar, and I must admit, my experience here was just as good - maybe even better! It was my first visit to Atlanta and while there is a numerous selection of locations and hotels, I firmly believe that I made the right decision by coming here. Not only is Hotel Palomar located in a key and bustling area of Midtown, but the hotel itself is a pleasure to visit due to its extraordinary accommodations and overall unique appeal. The hotel was pretty much a central point to most of our visits in Atlanta, as it is very close to such prime spots as the Georgia Dome and the Piedmont Park. The rooms are immaculately clean, tastefully original, and the housekeeping ladies truly went above and beyond! The staff is also extremely friendly and tried hard to accommodate us in every possible way by presenting us with an array of options each time we asked for such typical touristy suggestions as the ideal place to eat. Pacci restaurant was also very good and the service was again, exceptional. Overall, if you are a fan of the Kimpton Hotels, this new addition is one that I would definitely recommend!

If you are trying to book and event, Good Luck.

by TripAdvisor Member ATL950

For a week now (it's a short week due to the holiday, but still) I have been trying to get pricing for an event for 40 people. Apparently, the Palomar doesn't need the business. I've played phone tag with Kelly all week, and yesterday was able to get in contact with her after being transferred 6 times and speaking with 3 different people. She's promised to send me some information by email since Wednesday, but it's noon on Friday and I still don't have it. This morning, I left a message for the hotel manager, but no call back from him either.

This hotel is a must if staying in Atlanta!

by TripAdvisor Member pstephenson

I have been a hotel General Manager with major brand name, big chain hotels. I usually stay with brands I am familiar with and have worked for but I decided to try Palomar. From the minute we walked in the door we were amazed. Amazed by not only the "Art in Motion" theme but also by the outstanding service. From the doorman, to the front desk agent, to the bellman and even the Assistant GM, Mike, who graciously greeted us and made us feel welcome at every second of our stay. He even provided gummy bears for my kids. What a great touch on an already amazing stay.

The rooms are very spacious and have absolutely everything you need and are VERY well decorated and appointed and the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. Great hotel!

Outstanding Hotel MIdtown Atlanta

by TripAdvisor Member WacoTraveler2

My wife and I recently traveled to Atlanta to visit family. We found a newly constructed Hotel Palomar right in the middle of Midtown close to were our family lives. We found the convenience to MARTA to be plus, no renting cars or family members having to pick us up at the airport.When arriving at the hotel we were greeted by a professional courteous staff. The room was very nicely designed and comfortable. We enjoyed an excellent meal in the hotel restaurant and later enjoyed the rooftop patio bar for drinks.
I travel frequently and because of our positive experience I have booked my next travel stay at the FireSky Resort & Spa in Scottsdale Arizona.

We enjoyed our stay, but....

by TripAdvisor Member newlywedFlorida

The hotel is beautiful, and in a great location. We had two rooms, one for my husband and I, and one for our daughters. During check in we were asked to leave a credit card for incidentals, there was no discussion of any other charges. We agreed considering we use room service sometimes, and were using valet parking. The next morning while doing some online banking my husband was shocked to find that our card had been debited 800.00 dollars. Apparently they had charged us 100.00 for each night of our stay for both rooms. We spoke with Nika and the matter was eventually resolved with our money being refunded. But I was put off when she acted as if this manner of service was customary at all hotels. We stayed at the Wynn in Las Vegas in Feb. and the Tampa Intercontinental in Sept. and were not charged fees in advance. I get the impression that these fees are selectively assessed. Other than that we enjoyed our stay. We made our reservation before the hotel opened and requested adjoining rooms one king and one double. We got exactly what we asked for. Also the beds were incredibly comfortable.

Chic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member off2ctab

My husband I stayed at the Palomar for our 15th anniversary. We wanted a quick getaway to somewhere close and saw a introductory rate for the Palomar on travelzoo.
The hotel and staff are wonderful. The hotel is very modern and classy. They have a wine reception in the evening. It was a nice treat to have a glass of wine and wonder around the hotel. The outside bar is a must. It was shady and very calming to sit there and enjoy our wine.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only thing we did not like about the hotel is the sheets were extremely crisp. Maybe with a few washings they will soften but it was like sleeping with a burlap sack.
The Valet parking option is expensive at $30 a day, but we did not see any other option for parking so we used the Valet. On that note we really enjoyed the Valet attendants and they were extremely friendly and helpful. They always offered directions or comments on where we were going. They are an asset to the hotel.
It is a nice new chic hotel that is worth a try if you are visiting Midtown and if you do, dont forget to try out the Vortex bar and grill it is a block away and lots of fun.

Beautiful Hotel. Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member WKP3

I decided to prolong a business trip by staying in Atlanta for a weekend. The Braves were in town and it had been quite some time since I had spent any quality leisure time in the city.

This is a magnificently comfortable and well located new hotel just a block or two off of I-85/75. It is convenient to all of Atlanta and was a tremendous value at $92 booked through Hotwire. I parked my car for the entire weekend and took off through midtown enjoying its bars and restaurants by foot for the most part.

The staff here could not have been more accommodating and helpful. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room fixtures were modern and beautiful.

I would certainly stay here again upon a trip to Atlanta.

I recommend it

by TripAdvisor Member AtlantanITP

Had to stay one weekday night. The room was clean, comfortable and the service was very good. The only challenge or complaint is $30.00 for overnight parking is excessive.

Comments