Rt. 8 Box 8472, Blairsville, Georgia, 30512, United States

Satisfaction Poor

More about Blairsville

Blood Mountain HutBlood Mountain Hut

D & I on the way back downD & I on the way back down

on a clear day you can see foreveron a clear day you can see forever

it sure was hardit sure was hard

Travel Tips for Blairsville

no denying my selfish choice

by richiecdisc

This area is chuck full of trails and some of the best are most easily accessed via Vogel State Park which has a beautiful lake to boot. We’d arrived to see good friends later than we’d planned, even later than they expected a perennially late friend show up. It was even surprisingly late to me and I was the one or engineered the whole thing! A small trip to Myrtle Beach, SC to meet a good buddy had mushroomed into visiting the aforementioned friends in their new vacation home in Georgia since they’d already planned on being there at the same time as our planned excursion. My problem is always seeing things on the way and this starts long before the way is in sight in the form of maps. For me Ashville, NC and Smoky Mountain National Park were on the way to Blairsville, GA. Most people might not see it that way but once I have it in my mind that they are, I just can’t seem to get around the idea of going there, no matter how constrained my time is. So, a trip was born that would cover 2100 miles in six days. We hit Savannah, Myrtle Beach, and Ashville with no glitches. We were humming right along on schedule until we got to the Smokies later than anticipated and began a hike that would assuredly get us to our day’s destination late. Just how late it might be somehow escaped me despite all logical evidence pointing to such an outcome. But we had done it and there was no denying my selfish choice. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

Comments