Misty Mountain Inn and Cottages

4376 Misty Mountain Lane, Blairsville, Georgia, 30512, United States
AMOMA.com

More about Blairsville

enjoying the foliage on our way downenjoying the foliage on our way down

fall foliage with the zoomiefall foliage with the zoomie

fall foliage from previous day's hikefall foliage from previous day's hike

who could resist?who could resist?

Travel Tips for Blairsville

next time I'll be on time

by richiecdisc

Luckily our friends were gracious and I really had tried to call and let them know I was running late as is my tradition but there was no cell phone coverage in the deep mountain valley. As chance would have it they had found an abandoned puppy that day and it kept them more than occupied. Looking back on it, it was probably a good thing I’d not bypassed my hike to get there on time when what would have likely greeted me would have been a day sitting around watching a puppy get used to his new home. Sure, we had a lot to talk about. We’d not seen each other in a couple years. But we would just stay up a bit later than normal and that’s just what we did. The next day we would do all the sightseeing they’d likely planned for our first day. We were too sore from our first hike of the season to do much more but we could see lots of potential in the area for future trips. In fact, we already have a long hike planned for October. My buddy has wanted to do it since buying the house but it’s a bit long for his son and wife. So, we’ll head back up there when it’s our sole destination. The leaves will be changing and the air a bit cooler too. I just hope I don’t see anything on the way. This is one time I plan on being on time.

Comments