500 Mall Blvd, Brunswick, Georgia, 31525, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Brunswick

World Class Customer Service - A Home Away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member dulia20517

During the period May 12-14, 2009, we utilized the the Conference Facilities at the Embassy Suites, Brunswick, GA and arranged for our conference attendees to stay at this fine establishment.

I was totally amazed by the friendliness of the staff, their positive "can do" attitudes, and the outstanding accomodations. I really felt at home and I unequivocably recommend the Brunswick Embassy Suites as THE place to stay!

Management has also done a superb job fostering "World Class Customer Service" and in fact that's what we received.

I felt we got tremendous value at a reasonable price.

Hats off to the Embassy Suites!

Disappointing...

by TripAdvisor Member travelviva

A big disappointment...I came to stay at the Embassy Suites, Brunswick to visit my husband while he is stationed nearby for work for a few weeks. The location was perfect as it was less than a mile from where he had to report to work daily, but the hotel itself was not what I expected. It was clean and spacious, had the wonderful breakfast buffet that all Embassy Suites have, and of course the nightly Manager's Reception (if you can stand eating only chips and salsa and chex mix night after night). I ran into trouble trying to take a hot shower. It took nearly 10 minutes just for the water to heat up, and after that it didn't last very long. Even just to wash my hands after going to the bathroom I had to use cold water unless I wanted to stand there and wait for it to heat up.

The biggest disappointment for me, however, was that there was no free Wi-Fi available anywhere in the hotel. I dragged my laptop and all of my work on the plane with me with the expectation of being able to get all of my work done during my stay and be prepared for work when I returned home. When I tried to connect to the Internet, a screen came up to charge me $9.95 a day! I called a phone number listed in the hotel book and they said I could get a free Wi-Fi signal in the Main Lobby and the Business Center. I tried that and again the same screen came up. I asked at the Front Desk and was told that you have to pay everywhere in the hotel. I couldn't believe it. The business center only offers 2 slow computers with Microsoft Office 2003, not compatible with what I have at home and work (the 2007 version).

I paid good money for a room at this hotel and $10 a day for Internet access is outrageous. As a result, I could not get any work done and had wait until I got home the following weekend and cram it all in on Sunday night for work on Monday. Very inconvenient, and very disappointing. Not what I expected from an Embassy Suites. I will not stay here again.

Wonderful service at the Embassy Suites!

by TripAdvisor Member wmhweb

Our recent visit to the Embassy Suites Hotel in Brunswick, GA was terrific! We would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing get-away. The hotel is absolutely beautiful since their recent renovation project. Everyone on staff was extremely service-oriented. It is centrally located and shopping, dining, etc. are easily available from the hotel. We look forward to scheduling off-site retreats for our medical staff and governing body later in the year.

Convenient and n ice facility

by TripAdvisor Member MarshainSC

Two of my girl friends and I had a weekend getaway to Jekyll Island/St. Simons. We generally like to stay at Embassy Suites because each of us can have our own bed. I was a little nervous about staying at this particular one because of poor reviews I'd read. However, our experience was great. Our room had been recently remodelled. Everything looked new. We had a larger corner suite. The only bad comment I can make about it is that it lacked a mirror and dresser in the 2nd bedroom. There were 2 beds and a tv armoire but that was the only furniture. The service was fine; we had no problems. The manager's reception was equal to that in other Embassy Suites. The breakfast was standard faire. One thing we liked about this facility is that it is tied to a mall, and there is an entrance to the mall from Embassy Suites. As you enter the mall, there is a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant AND a movie theater! We didn't have to drive anywhere to go to a movie one of the evenings we were there. I would definitely stay here again.

Weekend Get-Away

by TripAdvisor Member zapper99

We decided on Brunswick for our weekend get-away so we would be able to have a relaxing weekend visiting St. Simons Island, Jekyll Island, and historic Brunswick. We were very satisfied with our room at Embassy Suites - very well furnished and extremely comfortable. We were not too pleased with having to enter and exit the front of the hotel by way of Sears Automotive Center (hotel is located as part of the Colonial Mall). What upset us the most was the amount of noise and disruptive behavior that was allowed on the part of the hotel staff on Saturday night starting at about 9:15 p.m. Unfortunately for us and other unknowing guests, the hotel was also hosting a large group of pre-teen dance/cheering groups who, along with their parents, felt it was o.k. to practice their "routines" - which included jumping and tumbling - in the hallways. After waiting for the hotel staff to take action and that not happening, at close to 10:00 p.m., my husband actually had to go out of our room and remind these people that they were not alone in the hotel and that they needed to have some consideration for other guests. The failure of the hotel to respond was a great disappointment to us and set the tone as to what we will remember the most of our stay at Embassy Suites.

Great place to stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member caliber31

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Brunswick several times for business and each time was pleasant. The rooms are very clean. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was great every morning. Free drinks in the afternoon!! The hotel is attached to the mall, which was very convenient. The mall also has a movie theater. Its also convenient to other area shopping. Pool is clean. Good parking. Hotel gives you a feeling of safety, which is important to me since I travel alone most of the time. I have enjoyed my stay each time and would definitely stay here again. NO complaints!!

i will avoid in the future

by TripAdvisor Member creekbrat

we booked this online, because how can you go wrong with embassy suites?

we were traveling back to nc from a long week at disney and when we arrived we were told they were booked up and no rooms we open. after advising them i had a reservation, one room was found and well hauled all of our stuff up to the room, unlocked the door to find the top lock was latched...someone was in that room! we went back down (with kids in tow) explained what happened and finally a room was found, but it was a smoking room, so we were finally able to go to bed about 2 am, but woke up stinking.

this hotel does not do the full breakfast like other embassy suites, somewhat of a buffet, but limited

the worst thing about this hotel is, it is inside a mall, so you have to use a mall enterance and the parking did not seem safe, not did the area

Housekeeping needs help, everything else ok

by TripAdvisor Member Louder72

I've never seen an Embassy Suites built into a mall like this one was, but I didn't have any problems with noise like some other reviewers wrote about. At least you don't have to worry about not being able to find a parking spot if you come in late. I disagree with the individual who wrote that the surroundings felt unsafe - I didn't feel like the area was unsafe at all. The location is actually very convenient; besides the adjacent mall, there are also plenty of stores, restaurants, and gas stations close by, and it's a short easy drive to downtown Brunswick or the islands.

The hotel has all of the qualities Embassy Suites are known for - wide atrium, business center, full breakfast, etc. Kudos to the breakfast staff, who did a good job each morning of keeping the buffet items well stocked and clearing the tables. Many of them also smiled and said hello each morning.

The only real negative we encountered happened when we checked in. They honored my request for a non-smoking suite on a high floor with a king bed, and most of the suite was left in good order by the housekeeping staff - except for the bathroom. After we checked in and brought in our suitcases, my wife went in to use the bathroom and found hairs all over the floor from the last guest, along with urine drops on the toilet seat (yeah, gross). No way a housekeeper should leave a bathroom in that condition for an incoming guest. Fortunately we didn't have any other housekeeping problems for the rest of our stay, but that first encounter with the bathroom made us wonder if we had made a good choice in hotels. After the way the housekeepers left the bathroom for us, we sure didn't feel comfortable using the glassware in the suite, so we brought some plastic cups up from the breakfast area and used those while we were there.

All in all, we had a good stay otherwise, but the housekeeper(s) who left the bathroom in that condition for us ought to be canned, or at least reprimanded.

Gross and disappointing...

by TripAdvisor Member tracietv4

Our stay at the Embassy Suites was a pit stop for us. We headed from Va. to Fl. with 3 little boys and thought stopping in Ga would be a good idea - I wish we would have kept on driving. Here were the problems:

*Poor check-in service - inattentive and unfriendly during check in and out.
*Our room was very humid and had a horrible smell.
*The carpets were filthy!!! Our 12 month old son crawled around the floors for 10 minutes before we noticed the tops of his feet, shins, and knees were BLACK from the filth on the carpet!
*The couch in our room had stains ALL over it. No one would sleep on it - so we all were crouded sleeping on the beds.
*MOSQUITOS everywhere......even on the free breakfast - no thanks!
*Bathroom exhaust fan inoperable.
*Hotel is attached to a mall.....weird.
*Hotel is old, and needs to be updated.
*Icing on the cake - it was Prom Night and the hotel was filled with foulmouthed teenagers partying which seemed fine with the staff.

Overall our time in the Embassy Suites was miserable. I could not wait to leave and would never reccomend this hotel to anyone. If one more thing wouId have gone wrong I would have left - they could have even kept my money. There are 3 or 4 other hotels between the interstate and the Embassy Suites that looked much nicer! Check those out!

The best place to stay in Bruswick

by TripAdvisor Member alantime

The remodeled rooms are beautiful and very clean. The new beds are a real treat for a tired back. The cook-to-order breakfast is awesome. With the hotel being at the mall there is always something to do, such as shopping and a movie theater. The staff are very friendly and helpful if you do need anything. I would have to honestly say that I would not consider staying else anywhere while in Brunswick .

Comments