7390 Bear Lane, Columbus, Georgia, 31909, United States

Hampton Inn Columbus-North
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Charged for a night I did not stay

I stayed at this hotel November 7-8, 2011. I booked the reservation online. I mixed up my dates and booked the 6th and 7th and didn't realize it until I showed up on the 7th. Lee, behind the front desk, assured me that Hampton Inn would bill me for just the 7th and 8th, and that's what the bill reflected when I checked out the morning of the 9th. However, later that week my credit card was billed for Nov. 6th as well. I called this Hampton Inn and was told that the manager -- who I asked for by name -- was not available and that Lee no longer worked for Hampton Inn. The manager, Bruce Raines, had sent me a thank you note for my stay, so I responded to that note and told him I had been assured I would be charged for two nights' stay, and asked to have the extra night refunded. I never heard back from Mr. Raines. I called twice as well.

I will never stay at this Hampton Inn again. It was clean, it was safe, and it was comfortable, but the customer service from management is non-existent. Mr. Raines' email read, in part, "Our hotel has consistently maintained a ranking within the top 5% of over 1900 Hampton Inns worldwide and we’re proud three time recipients of the coveted Lighthouse award for outstanding service and accommodations. If there was any part of your visit with us that would cause you to give us less than 10s on a Hampton e-mail survey, please take a few minutes to let me know right away so I might have the opportunity to discuss it with you."

Mr. Raines ignored my calls and email and did not follow through, and I am out $135 for a night I did not stay at this Hampton Inn, after I was assured at the front desk that this empty night -- a Monday, when the hotel was not full (according to Lee) would not be billed to my credit card.

Comments