Cedar House Inn & Yurts

6463 Highway 19 N, Dahlonega, Georgia, 30533, United States

More about Cedar House Inn & Yurts

Great hosts & a great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member L21Marietta

We wanted a weekend getaway with only a little R & R. But we got so much more. Our hosts, Fred & Mary Beth, were very personable and welcoming. We had great discussions on a variety of topics. The breakfasts were wonderful, the place was clean and the location was close to shopping, restaurants, entertainment, scenic views and so much more. We will go back .
Lynn & Bruce

Will definitely return!

by TripAdvisor Member fleegs21

We stayed at the Cedar House Inn and Yurts only one night, but would have loved to stay longer! The owners are very accommodating, and the property is very well-kept. We stayed in one of the yurts, which is definitely a must!! They are tastefully decorated, and really give you the feeling of being in the woods without sleeping on the ground with the bugs. The composting toilet works really well, without any odor whatsoever. My husband and I had already made plans in Dahlonega, but almost wished we could have just stayed in the yurt and played yahtzee while sipping wine! Also, the breakfast was extraordinary. The overall experience was wonderful, and I would definitely recommend this place!!

Bed and Breakfast Extraordinaire!!

by TripAdvisor Member rpharr

We went up to Dahlonega to celebrate my birthday and left engaged. This B&B is truly a wonderful place. Fred and Mary Beth are the perfect hosts who gave us privacy as well as wonderful conversations. They were very knowledgable about the area and gave us wonderful suggestions. The breakfasts were the most amazing we've ever had, made with fresh and even local ingredients. This is the kind of business you want to support, with a low ecological footprint and kind owners. We will definitely be back!!

Wonderful Stay at Cedar House Inn

by TripAdvisor Member NathanJShippensburg

Although we spent but one night at Cedar House Inn & Yurts, we will always remember our visit as very special.

Fred and Mary Beth are the best kind of hosts, and the others we met at breakfast were the kind of folks one enjoys conversing with and getting to know.

The Tanner's efforts to protect our precious environment are successful and inspiring, and their warmth is refreshing. Of course, everything was tasteful and immaculate. The rate - just over $100 - was more than reasonable for the area.

The yurts also appeared to provide fascinating and comfortable accommodations, and we hope to experience a "yurt stay" sometime in the future.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is my wife and I couldn't give a B&B higher marks.

CEDAR HOUSE INN 7 YURTS, DAHLONEGA GA

by TripAdvisor Member dmruhe

I was very fortunate to find this lovely, secluded property the weekend of the legendary Six Gap bike ride in N. GA. I was the first guest to stay in the just completed Cardinal suite. The room was lovely, quiet, and comfortable.
The owners went out of the way to make sure everything was to my satisfaction and turned the A/C on during the heat of the day. The windows were opened at night so I could enjoy the cool evening air.
The breakfast was terrific and the ownersw prepared it VERY early on Sunday to accomadate the guests that were headed out for the Bike Ride.
This property is in an area with several wineries and only 5.5 miles from the lovely Dahlonega Town square.
Stand out on the rear porch on a clear night and you will see why the Milky Way got it's name.

a lovely place

by TripAdvisor Member bjared

My husband and I just spent a lovely weekend at the Cedar House Inn. Fred and Mary Beth were so hospitable, I truely felt like I was among friends. Our room was quiet, comfortable, and clean. There was a nice patio with chairs outside our room, perfect for reading. Our breakfast both mornings was wonderful, and my coffee cup was never empty. I really enjoyed our conversations with the other guests as well. A wonderful and inviting atmosphere for both rest and conversation.

I must also say that the inn is perfectly situated near the wineries, the town square, and just a short drive to the Appalachian Trail. We look forward to returning when we can do some more hiking.

yurts rule!

by TripAdvisor Member dougPasadena_Md

we only stayed for one night, and it was our first time staying in a yurt. first of all, it was incredibly romantic! secondly, Fred and Mary Beth were extremely friendly and accommodating by preparing us a vegan breakfast (and a mighty tasty one if i may add!).
next time we are down that way, we will DEFINITELY be staying there again. go yurt it up!

Eco-Friendly Bliss

by TripAdvisor Member Nomadbint

I visited the States in October this year, and as a treat my US partner booked us a room at a B&B for 3 nights, amid the lovely, autumn coloured mountains of Georgia. We stayed at the eco-friendly, Cedar House Inn at Dahlonega - and what amazing, delightful bliss! Hosts Fred & Mary Beth are excellent at making their guests feel welcome and at ease, and we enjoyed many interesting conversations with them. The nurturing, made-with-love vegetarian breakfasts served in the mornings were so appealing, that some guests often felt inspired to take photos of them! It was a truly awesome experience... we left with a feeling of warmth and happiness, and a resolve to a) put more imagination in preparing our vegetarian meals at home, and b) be more conscientious of what we can do to ease the challenges on our beautiful planet. I would highly recommend this great B&B, with its clean, comfortable rooms and amazing yurts. During our stay we realized that some of the other guests had been there before... and we can understand why! It was a unique and truly enjoyable experience; one we would gladly repeat in future!

Fun in the Mountains

by TripAdvisor Member SouthWatcher

Wonderful hosts, friendly, interesting, knowing; a nice, comfortable (if somewhat smallish) room; a warm, welcoming environment; quite affordable to boot. Great dog!

Extraordinarily well situated to visit North Georgia's wineries.
Would certainly book a return stay.

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member FedExer

This is my second time staying at the Cedar House Inn and I loved it just as much as I did the first time I stayed. The accomodations are cozy and the food is wonderful. Fred and Mary Beth are the warmest hosts. And it's eco friendly to boot! Not to sound cliche but it is definitely a home away from home. I plan on making this trip yearly. I recommend the Cedar House every chance I get. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

worley homesteadworley homestead