135 Forest Hills Road, Dahlonega, Georgia, 30533, United States

More about Forest Hills Mountain Hideaway

Loved the Peace and Quite

by TripAdvisor Member DreamsAhoy

"Absolutely magnificent!"
Couple from Dawsonville, GA (Locals)

We had stayed at Forest Hills once before several years ago and enjoyed our stay so much we decided to go back.

We loved the peace and quite time we had together with the comfort of home. We watched movies, stayed in the Jacuzzi, ate at the wonderful restrautant for two. We have referred our friends who plan to take a trip to Forrest Hills Soon.

We wanted to get away from the every date stress and it was wonderful for us at Forrest Hills. We were able to reconnect with each other.

We had a massage in our room, which was great we did not have to leave the cottage.

One of things we found very touching was on the table a bottle of wine welcoming us (with our names on the bottle of wine) back to Forrest Hills. We will save the bottle un-opened. That was a very nice touch.

The cost was very reasonable since it included dinner for two each night and breakfast for two each morning.

Try it, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for a wonderful time.

Our Perfect "Family" Honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member Wilson06

I can not begin to tell you how pleased we were with Forrest Hills Resort and the Kraft family. We spent our honeymoon in a rustic cabin at the resort in June 2006. The four of us.....yes, yes, I know......it's wierd, but we took out four year old son and my mother.....on a "famliy" honeymoon. And, I really don't think it would have been the same anywhere else! Things were just perfect! We had a cabin and they were a short jump away in the lodge! We were able to have days alone and spend time with them too. There's a seperate dining area for couples only and we were able to have breakfast with them in the mornings. The food was wonderful! We rode horses together and all of us went on the wagon train! We had a wonderful time! It was so relaxing...a massage in the spa helped too, and it was a nice thank you for my mom as well. Everything was great but I think the best thing about this place is the people running it....they are so kind. I recall one morning arriving a little late for breakfast and they ordered more french toast to be cooked for my husband. Just so sweet, they didn't know it was his favorite! (by the way, if you read this Denise, I know it is you grandmother's recipe and all, but I need it...he still says it was the best french toast ever!!) My four year old was thrilled when Denise showed him her tadpoles in her office. A couple of weeks later, she sent him a picture of one of the tadpoles she had named after him. This is the sort of thing that you do not find everywhere you go. That small jesture really made my son feel special! It's not everywhere you go that you feel like family when you leave! We all felt very welcome there. Their friendliness and warmth really made our "family" honeymoon great! Forrest Hills is a gorgeous, peaceful get away for everyone......

Magical Honeymoon moments

by TripAdvisor Member 2greenes

I first visited Forest Hills about 17 years ago. I remember that
it was a very magical place. I begged my fiance to take me back
for our honeymoon but he said it would be strange because I
had my first honeymoon with my ex-spouse there. But, I continued to bring up the web site and show ads from the bridal
magazines. I even made a teddy bear whisper in his ear that
I really wanted my honeymoon at Forest Hills. He finally gave in
when he found out that you could have private ceremonies on
the property. We had to bow out on the ceremony at Forest Hills
because my eldery father could not make the two hour ride.
Joanna in the office was very helpful and allowed us extra time
to finalize our plans before we canceled our ceremony. I still
got my honeymoon at Forest Hills. And it was just as magical
as I remembered. We arrived late and the staff had fixed our
meals to go for us. And it was fantastic!!! We stayed in a contempary cabin and it was great. We had lots of privacy.
The hot tub was in it's own private area off the bed room was
an extra added touch. Our very own complimentry Champange
bottle had our names printed on the label. It was a special
touch. All the staff are extremely helpful and courtious. Especially
in the couples dinning room. They call it the Secret Garden and
it really feels that way. Romance just flows through the air. It was
really romantic and my new husband agrees. What a wonderful
way to spend the first week of our lives together as man and wife.
I would like to spend our first anniversary at Forest Hills. I bet
I won't have to beg or get a cute teddy bear to do the talking.

If you want to get away, this is it!

by TripAdvisor Member jgrady11

If you are looking for a place to relax and get away from the phone and the internet, this is the place. My husband and I selected Forrest Hills for our honeymoon. The atmosphere is beautiful and peaceful. Breakfast and dinner are served in a beautifully decorated dining room with a fabulous wait staff and good music. The cabins are clean, private, and decorated with a fireplace and a hot tub. The owners are seen on the property all day and there is someone available to help you at all times. When you call the office after hours, someone always answers. The people that work behind the desks, the kitchen, the farm, and the livestock are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They are helpful and funny. You can tell they love to work at Forrest Hills. Anything that we needed was immediately tended to as soon as we asked.

We are absolutely THRILLED with the abscence of phones and internet in the cabins. There is a wifi connection in the conference area and the main dining area. This is perfect. When you are trying to relax and spend time with someone you really don't need a phone or the internet. If you need it that badly, you should stay somewhere else.

Forrest Hills is EXACTLY what their website says it is. It clearly states that if you are looking for a resort that tends to your every whimper and waits at the door for your next request to not stay there. They provide a peaful atmosphere and leave you alone ro enjoy your time together. If you need them, they will help you.

We feel that the money we spent was well worth it. We got exactly what we wanted. Our stay included five nights and six days, a delicious breakfast and dinner each day, a massage in the day spa, bathrobes, champagne, cheese and sausage when we arrived, a hot tub, a remote control fireplace, a proch with a great swing, beautiful trees, great trails, a wagon ride, a cook-out type dinner, a seperate dining room that was set for couples only (The Secret Garden) and also a wine and cheese night with the owners of the property. This cost us far less and had much more character than staying in a hotel for our honeymoon.

As you can see, we really enjoyed or stay and we will return as well as tell all of our friends about how fabulous it was.

Restful Retreat to Remember and Return!

by TripAdvisor Member GAREST

If you are looking for rest, romance or to escape the real world, then this is the place to be! You will not find a friendlier place with great service and great food! Not to mention the choices that are offered if you want to venture out from your retreat and join in the fun activities that are offered! My husband and I honeymooned here and have just celebrated our first anniversary here and this will be our yearly retreat. It is an experience one will never forget and we look forward to it from the time we have to leave until we pull back up to our "home away from home" each time. We truly love this place and our expanded family we have made here! We would recommend it to everyone whether you are celebrating and occasion or just need a "get away" from the stress of everyday life!

Best Place Ever

by TripAdvisor Member dcbeyer

We just returned from three nights at the Forrest Hills Resort and we cannot say enough good things. It is the most romantic getaway we have every had - the cabins are wonderful, the staff so friendly and helpful, the area is beautiful and offers many things to do. The best part is the total privacy - we rented a cabin with a hot tub and fireplace and when we arrived we were very pleased. The cabin was spotless, soft music was playing when we arrived - the owners seem to have thought of everything. There was a wonderful back porch with a swing - it was all perfect.
We took the package with the meals included (breakfast and dinner). It was wonderful - a couples only dining room with white tableclothes, candles and fresh flowers on all the tables (only for two).
We highly recommend the Forrest Hills Resort especially for couples who are looking for a romantic getaway. We will definitely return.

Carol and Don Beyer

Forrest Hills is Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member MawMawJuJu

My husband I returned to Forrest Hills to celebrate our fifth anniversary in Oct. 2006. We were delighted that it only seemed to have gotten better since our honeymoon. We stayed in of the Rustic Cabins, Goldfinch, and it was so romantic. When arrived the porch light was on, there was soft music playing and champagne and candles by the hot tub. Our cabin was great. The fireplace was so romantic as was the whole weekend. The food was delicious, served in the couples only dining room. We also enjoyed a delicious picnic lunch packed in a cute keepsake basket. Forrest Hills is remote enough so that it feels like you're in the middle of no where, but still close enough to area sites so that there is plenty to do (if you can drag yourselves away from the cabin!) The staff is terriffic. Can't say enough good about them all. We are so looking forward to our next stay. Can't come soon ehough for us. Thanks Forrest Hills for a great weekend!

We LOVED this place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ThePenderosa1

Oh my gosh... too many GOOD things to say about Forrest Hills. We just returned from spending the Thanksgiving Holidays in Toccoa visiting family. While there, my husband and I planned a romantic night away at Forrest Hills... it was only one night... but it was FANTASTIC! I had booked the Romance Package in a cabin called Cupid's 1, and after reading some of the reviews on here, I was honestly very split between what we would experience... but they well EXCEEDED our expectations. It was a cold and fairly windy day when we arrived. We went to the office to check in and was very warmly greeted and welcomed and instructed on how to get to our cabin. When you first drive up, your first impression is "hmmm... it IS rustic... but ok... kinda cute"... Upon walking up to the door we heard soft music coming from inside the cabin... and when we opened the door... it was BEAUTIFUL! Very clean... very nice & plush furnishings... with a sofa and huge ottoman directly in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace... which was remote controlled by the way... very nice. To the right of us was the dining area... the dining table was set beautifully and displayed our bottle of champagne with our glasses... PERSONALIZED label on the champagne bottle might I add... candles... and our picnic basket that was just LOADED with goodies! Croissant Sandwiches, chicken drummies, potato salad, apples, chocolate chip cookies... the works! THE BED... oh my gosh... THE BED!!!! It was MAGNIFICENT! Fit for a queen... OR a king. BEAUTIFUL bedding! AT LEAST 300 thread count sheets with a thick, soft, COMFORTABLE feather bed... it was to die for!!! Piled high with pillows... oh my gosh!!!! And then... the separate hot tub room... VERY NICE! Big panoramic windows surround it... but don't worry... there are blinds so you don't have to worry about your privacy being invaded... you can dim the lighting... there were candles... thick towels... it truely was VERY romantic... and we experienced NO problems with it. {there are a few reviews on here that complain about the hot tubs... but WE found that by turning it on as soon as we got there, it was PERFECT for later when we chose to indulge}. That night we dined in the Couple's Only dining area. They are not allowed to actually "pour", so, you'll need to pick up a cold bottle of wine from the gift shop to take with you to dinner, and once seated, they will gladly furnish you with a cork screw and a frozen wine chiller to enjoy wine with your dinner. The atmosphere was VERY nice... VERY romantic... VERY relaxing. Soft music... dim lighting... candles... and the food was SERIOUSLY... FANTASTIC! That particular night, we had ribeyes cooked to perfection... along with multi- salads, baked potato, some DELICIOUS grilled green beans with almonds {I got the recipe... YUM!!!}... it seriously ALL was good! Cheryl was our waitress and she was a sweetie... {HI CHERYL} Very friendly and efficient... she even took our picture together and I got one with her before we left, lol. I also got to meet "Popsy" as I call him... the former owner who had just drove in with his wife from Florida to celebrate Thanksgiving with his kids who NOW own and run Forrest Hills... so that was a treat. We were SO FULL ... so Cheryl graciously offered to make our dessert to go, which consisted of a GENEROUS portion of hot apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream... {we enjoyed THAT at 4 am in front of the fireplace}. Breakfast the next morning was just as romantic and relaxing... just as scrumptious... offering a full, hot buffet of anything you could possibly want. By the time we finished breakfast we had just enough time to explore the grounds and visit the gift shop before check out... which by the way... we did NOT want to leave! I have to tell you... this was probably one of THE BEST, if not THE best, romantic getaway we've ever indulged in... and we've been married for 17 years. So... I HIGHLY recommend Forrest Hills... WITH the romance package if your looking for romance... because OUR cabin... Cupid's 1... was EXCEPTIONAL! Every detail was thought of... this place is top notch and we will definitly return... perhaps to renew our 20th anniversary wedding vows??? They DO have a chapel!

Great HONEYMOON or Fantasy Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member mommymelissa

Forrest Hills was a wonderful place to stay. The Kraft Family has owned and operated the resort since 1977. The siblings that run it now were extremely gracious and hospitable. The food is down home country cooking. My husband and I both need to go on a diet now! The resort is close to several activities to participate in. The cabin is no where in sight to other cabins. Not to mention, once you get there you can read what other people have said that stayed in your cabin before you. We enjoyed every part of our stay. We decided to leave a day early because of weather and believe it or not we were given a full day's refund. We told them they didn't have to and that we weren't leaving because of them. They said we could have a refund or they would give us a gift certificate good for our next stay. We met other wonderful couples during the "Couples Only" dining. We can't wait to go back!!!!!!

What a disappointment!!!

by TripAdvisor Member tonysbrowneyedgirl

I tend to rely heavily on the reviews posted on Trip Advisor when planning a trip. Unfortunately, I read mostly "rave" reviews on Forrest Hills only to be terribly disappointed. I planned this trip as a romantic get-away for my husband's birthday. When we arrived the staff was very friendly and directed us to our cabin - The Sparrow. The first thing I saw when we walked in were all the stains on the carpet in the sitting area as well as many burned spots in front of the fire place. They had wood for the fire place but nothing to light it with. Although, the bed and hot tub were nice, the cabin looked like it had not been updated in about 20 years. The decorations that were in the cabin were few and looked awful. The place is VERY RUN DOWN. My husband said it reminded him of a hunting cabin. It was very cold when we got there and the central heat was turned on as well as a wall heater. We immediately noticed the "brackets" for two smoke alarms mounted above the wall heater but neither of them had a smoke alarm attached. We had brought some snacks and as I started to unpack them, I opened a drawer in the kitchen. It was covered in RAT DROPPINGS! This drawer contained a few pieces of silverware that was lying on a paper towel which was also covered with the droppings. I looked in the drawer next to that one and there were more droppings. Completely disgusted at this point, it was time for dinner. We went by the office on the way to dinner so that I could tell them about the rat droppings. They said they would take care of it but never apologized or made any excuse whatsoever and didn't really seemed surprised about it. They had excellent food at dinner and when we came back from dinner, the drawers had been cleaned and the silverware was placed back in the drawer - I have no idea if it had been washed or not.
There was no t.v. reception so we got a (free rental) movie from the office. They have a large selection of old movies. The bed seemed to be clean but I took only what I had to out of our luggage and kept everything closed up and didn't unpack anything that night. I didn't sleep well that night for fear the place may catch on fire and we had no smoke alarm or that a rat may try to sleep with us. The next morning it was in the twenties outside and the central heat was no longer working so it was very cold in the cabin as well. We went to breakfast, which was very good. However, we decided at breakfast that we couldn't stand the thought of staying there another night so we went back and packed our car and went to the office to check out. When I went to turn in the key, they girl was very friendly and just said, "Ok, you're checked out"! She never asked why we were checking out early and I was so sick of the place I didn't feel like going into all of our complaints with her to try to get a refund on our last night. I could not recommend this place to anyone.

Comments