2350 Stephens Center Drive, DULUTH, GA, 30096

Suburban Extended Stay Duluth
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• NEVER AGAIN!

Here I am new in town and I figure this is a great, convenient location so how bad could it be? Let me tell you I stayed at the property for 3 weeks while in search of a permanent living situation, and as a single female my highest priority is safety. On March 28, 2013 about a dozen local law enforcement persons visited the hotel in search of a fugitive, some dressed in hostage gear. I thought this was an isolated incident. Not so fast! On Friday, April 12th, I discovered a bag in a bush behind my car in the parking lot of this hotel. In the bag were THREE automatic weapons, MARIJUANA, A BLACK SKI MASK and CASH! Law Enforcement are currently investigating. When I made an attempt to discuss the criminal activity with the GM he asked me to check out of the hotel and stated this was not the hotel for me due to my numerous security concerns and questions. I was refunded 2 weeks of my stay. Please take a look at this valuable article from 2012 when making a decision to stay at this property, and you may contact the Gwinnett police department to confirm this information. http://peachtreecorners.patch.com/articles/gwinnett-pd-duluth-woman-killed-during-double-shooting-at-hotel Oh and by the way: My toilet flooded the entire bathroom twice. The wifi works at the most 4 hours within a 24 hour day. TV programming disappears and reappears regardless of weather. The GM is UNPROFESSIONAL and treats his staff like dirt. The housekeepers are quite proficient and pleasant. Walls are paper thin. The 3rd floor is for "long term" guest, which ranges anywhere from 6 months-6 years.

Unique Quality: NONE

Directions: Gwinnett Arena

• Suburban Murder

My stay at this hotel was horrific....A lady was killed by a random shooter on July 5, 2012. As I was going up the stairs a man came running down with blood all over him yelling his wife was dead. All I remember was running to my room shutting the door behind me full of fear. I called my friend (who I was visited that week) to come and get me. Once he arrived he called me as said "stay in my room" he'll come up for me because the parking lot looks like a war zone.

The hotel has no security on staff and doors are accessible all night. The staff is the GM family and friends (which range between the ages of 18-25)so that in itself provides you with the hotel level of professionalism. The rooms smell of mildew and the carpets has not been clean for ages. The work out facility is fulled with broken equipment. Also if you are looking for a hotel with a business center forget it. The guest computers are located within the workout area and rarely worked. This is not a family freely environment and most diffidently not a place for single women.

Like the old saying goes, buyers beware....Please do your homework before checking into any hotel...because after this horrible experience I did my homework on this hotel and found out a year ago a woman was found dead in her car.

• Worst Night of my Life thank GOD I'm alive

OMG - If you are a single woman DO NOT STAY HERE - we were stalked by drug dealers - crack whores and worse - had to fight them off - still dont' know why NO ONE RESPONDED TO OUR SCREAMS - locked ourselves into the room and waited for daylight - AT which time we RAN RAN RAN LIKE HELL TO GET THE f out of there alive - spent all night with our phone ringing with crazy crack addicts calling us and knocking on our door - it was a night from HELL - Glad to be out of there alive - DO NOT STAY THERE IF YOU ARE A WOMAN! it is NOT safe!

Directions: Spend the extra money to stay somewhere SAFE - I am still traumatized from my experience and will no longer leave my house without my husband in tow

More about Duluth