930 Lake Oconee Parkway, Eatonton, GA, GA 31024

The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

• Not clean!!

We arrived in our room and found someone's leftovers in our fridge. There are spiderwebs behind the door and my daughters feet were black after being in our room for 10 min. The lady at the front has been nice and the restaurant next door was very good. Very disappointed in the cleanness and the price is
    not impressive either.

More about Eatonton

Civil War MonumentCivil War Monument

confederate civil war memorialconfederate civil war memorial

rock eagle effigyrock eagle effigy

putnam county courthouseputnam county courthouse

Travel Tips for Eatonton

Rural Central Georgia Town

by TexasDave

Eatonton is the county seat of Putnam County, which was named for General Israel Putnam of Connecticut, Mass., one of the most noted patriots of the Revolutionary War. The new county lay in the heart of Georgia’s Piedmont region and was part of the lands ceded by the Creek Indians in 1802 and 1805. The new county filled quickly with land-hungry settlers, and had a total population of 15,475 by 1820---the total population of Putnam County in 2000 was 18,812.

Putnam County is the birthplace of Joel Chandler Harris (1848), who created the world famous “Uncle Remus” folklore tales. These folklore tales were his most famous masterpieces. Who can forget those wonderful characters like Br’er Rabbit and Br’er Fox.

1983 Pulitzer Prize winning author Alice Walker, was also born in Putnam County. Her novel “The Color Purple” was later made into a hit movie starring Whoopi Goldberg and Oprah Winfrey.

Another famous person who originated from Putnam County is S. Truett Cathy. Truett Cathy is the Founder, Chairman and CEO of Chick-fil-a, Inc. Truett Cathy opened his first Chick-fil-a restaurant in 1967 and now there are approximately 975 restaurants.

Eatonton: Fun Times with Academic Games

by iamjacksgoat

If anyone's viewing this page, that's amazing. I think three people on this site live there, and none of them made a page for it.
So this IS the Eatonton page.

Basically, I've been here 4 times for the same purpose... Academic Games. When I'm not studying hard or competing, Eatonton is a nice place to hike and photograph. It's a great place to go camping, though I never have. I always stayed in cabins.

Interesting Facts

Birthplace of S. Truett Cathy - Founder of Chick-fil-A
Bithplace of Alice Walker - Author of The Color Purple
"Dairy Capital of Georgia"

" My Tips "

I currently only have 1 tip. I think I'm going to add a Danger Tip about fire ants, but that's about it for now.

" Travelogues "

Travelogues will definitely be coming. I have so many stories to tell and pictures to post!

Comments