Super 8 Elberton

Day Nite Inn
Priceline.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Travel Tips for Elberton

Feed fish at Russell Lake. I...

by TravelCool

Feed fish at Russell Lake. I think feeding fish is even better than fishing! Besides, you don't have to stand there like a wax statue until you get a bite! We had a good time feeding fish at the lake. Sometimes my aim was a little off, and I almost hit Kate in the head with the bread! The fish accidentally pushed some of the bread to the shore, which probably made Piper and Bailey happy because they went after the leftovers. Jason and I observed the animal comedy.

Welcome to Elberton, Georgia

by cityelberton

Elberton, population 5000, is located in northeast Georgia, bordered by the beautiful Broad and Savannah Rivers, and seperated from South Carolina by Lake Richard B. Russell, a quiet outdoorsman's paradise. Elberton is also the granite capital of the world. Our granite museum attracts more than 4000 visitors each year and is AAA listed. For more information on Elberton, visit http://www.cityofelberton.net/ (official city website) or http://www.elbertga.com/ (Chamber of Commerce).

The Georgia Guidestones

by gardesque

East of Atlanta, near the town of Elberton, Georgia, you find some stones carrying rules for creating a new civilization after WW3. It is said that, if you stand on the key stone, facing the monument itself, close your eyes, arms stretched out, then - at the moment the sun passes through the key hole, you will receive guidance, a message from Great Spirit.

"Whatever"

When I was standing there, the sun was too high on the sky, but there still was one thought that went through my mind, one thought that still echoes within my soul, one single word: "Whatever."

Whatever it is you feel within yourself, whatever it is that you are destined to do, whatever it is your mission is, you find it in your heart.

I used to think of this word as negative, as a sign of indifference. Truth is, it is indifferent only when I take it from others as guidance. But it is power when I give it away, as permission for our souls to find themselves. A recognition of our individuality, our different paths. An acknowledgement that we do not strive for the same goals, but work together for the common good of our joint inclusion of eachother.

"A totem of friends"

An art gallery would have more entertainment than some pieces of stone erected towards the skies. But the carvings meant to provoke our thoughts and mind were enough to keep us occupied until the sun set on us.

There might not be a movie on, and there might not be an amusement park ride. There was no bowling, no restaurant and no bar. Just a field with a cow and some rocks and some trees and us.

Us. Our entire feeling of happiness and company and wholeness resonated amongst us. We were experiencing this together. Like magic that had randomly put us in the same location for a purpose, to remind us that life is not about consumables. And the sun that warmed this fine day of January was there on purpose, just to make the day perfect for us. Our adventure. Our day. Our bond. Our everything.

"And I was there, too"

There are days when I wish myself back to that place, in the middle of nowhere. An aboriginal dreamtime experienced by travelling souls, modern pilgrims in search of what is our own path to the future. How strange it is, that our lives intertwined so intensely for such a short moment, and then untangled and spread out to different corners of our own little worlds.

Yet, we are still there, in that one place. Intertwined but not in touch. Knowing each other's presence, thousands of miles apart. Bonded, yet free. Purpose invisible, felt by all. With smiles on our faces in recognition of who we are and where we are headed.

These rocks are not just rocks, but a symbol of the power that brings our lives together for the common guidance towards the good within. A power that can not be felt, but changes our lives nevertheless. To open our eyes so that we may see what our eyes can not see. A glimpse into our heavens, and a taste of the things to come. To see the pagans dance before the candles we light for eachother's tender selves.

I miss you my friends, my fellow comrades, who allowed me to
lift the heaviest burdens off my shoulders and find my soul.
Must our paths cross again.

Comments