1 Lake Oconee Trail, Greensboro, Georgia, 30642, United States
Booking.com Tingo.com AMOMA.com

More about The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation

Service not up to snuff

by TripAdvisor Member athensmomof3

We just returned from a weekend at the Ritz Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation. My husband is a fanatical golfer and we have been to Reynolds Plantation numerous times. This was our second stay at this Ritz Carlton.

Our first stay was a couple of years ago, and I was very very impressed. We had heard scuttlebut that the service was not up to par but we never experienced that on our first trip. Although some of the servers were not very polished (it is in a poor Georgia county on a beautiful lake), everyone was very eager to please.

This stay was very different.

Again, we stayed for the weekend with 3 other couples. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton properties at least 10-15 times and am generally impressed with the excellent service this chain offers. However, the problems began on our arrival.

My husband arrived separately from me and it took his luggage almost an hour to arrive at our room. Of course, we were stuck in the room waiting on the bellman, called several times, etc.

Two of the other couples we were traveling with arrived together - their luggage took 30 minutes to arrive and then the bellman brought it to them only because they could not determine who it belonged to and wondered if it was theirs.

Dinner service took FOREVER both nights. Pool drink service was the same - 20-30 minutes between the time you ordered your drink and the time it was delivered.

The door to the bathroom was inadvertently locked in our room and it took engineering one hour to come fix it (again waiting stuck in the room and locked out of the bathroom).

My husband called for shaving cream when he realized he forgot to pack it - it arrived 45 minutes later after he left for the golf course.

Our weekend ended with me calling the bellman to bring our car around and help me with the luggage. It took over ONE HOUR between the time the bellman was called and the time that he arrived. I had no choice but to wait for him as my husband was on the golf course and I could not manage all the luggage myself. I called the front desk four times and was told he was en route. I was irritated after 15 minutes but angry after an hour. It took me telling the front desk that I needed a bellman immediately, had been waiting for an hour and would appreciate it if she physically went outside and told a bellman to come straight to our room. It was not enough just to ask pleasantly - I had to get irritated and angry to get any service at all.

When the bellman arrived, he asked how I was and I told him I was fine except it had taken over an hour for a bellman to arrive and he said very flippantly "well it is just pandemonium out there" - no apology, no explanation, no concern whatsoever with the fact I was waiting, etc.

Although the facility is lovely, the service was pathetic, particularly the bell service. If we do decide to return, I will bring a rolling suitcase and carry it myself!

Absolutely Wonderful!

Our vacation at the Reynolds Plantation Ritz Carlton was the most relaxing vacation ever. The service was the best we've ever had and we stay only at 4 and 5 star hotels. The spa was wonderful. There was nothing the staff would not do - they bent over backwards to fullfill guests' every request. We stayed in a suite on the club level - when we return (which we plan to do often) we will always stay on the club level. The five food presentations a day were delicious. They apparently have a new chef who has breathed new life into the menu. Breakfast was typical continental plus lox, meuseli, an asortment of juices and lots of fruit. Lunch was pretty creative, a sampling includes a different soup every day with asiago cheese rolls, scallops and risoto, (real) crab sandwiches, saffron lentils and make your own cold cut sandwiches. Afternoon tea included cute little tea sandwiches, pastries and fruit. A sampling of the early evening meal includes sushi, oysters, grilled veggies, roast beef, sea bass and grilled salmon. the evening presentation was primarily desserts. An assortment of wines, champagne and liquor was served throughout the day. We didnt eat any meals outside of the club level so it was very much worth the extra $100/night. Plus you get your own conceirge and free access to the internet on the club lounge computer. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and the setting on the lake was breath-taking. The suite was great. It was 890 sqft, with a a full bath and a half bath. We also had a balcony off the living room and one off the bedroom. The bathtub was disappointing as it was just a regular tub, but the separate shower was wonderful. The toilet had its own room. The hotel is only around 3 years old so everything is new and modern, even though the decor is definitely "lodge" - lots of dark wood and dark stained moldings. The hotel really has a serene, understated elegance about it. They had a bonfire every night with complimentary s'mores, hot chocolate, cider and cofee. I would recommend this hotel to the most discerning traveler

Loved the Ritz!

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton Plantation from December 29th - January 2nd for a New Year's getaway. Although our arrival at the Ritz was not quite what we expected, the executive assistant to the General Manager (Rhonda Butterworth) and the concierge from the Club Level (Star) went above and beyond to mitigate any negative reactions and ensure our stay was extremely comfortable. We arrived at the Ritz to learn our room was not available (it was 4:30pm and the previous tenant had yet to check out). Since the hotel had no idea where the guest ran off to or how long he'd be gone and this was the last club level lake view room available, we were offered another room to wash up for our dinner reservations, and while we were at dinner our original lakefront room was prepared with our luggage transferred. We were given fresh flowers and a bottle of champagne for our troubles - they even sent the manager of Linger Longer restaurant where we were dining - over to our table to offer us complimentary after dinner drinks for our troubles! Our concierge, Star, was a true professional. She went way out of her way to make certain the rest of our stay was perfect.

I would definitly recommend staying on the club level - the food presentations are terrific, and the lake views outstanding - well worth the extra money. If you have the opportunity, visit the Linger Longer restaurant and order the pork chop - trust me, it's the best you'll ever have. The hotel grounds are beautiful and offer many activities. If you are considering the Chiminea experience, although the views are outstanding and the overall ambiance extremely romantic, the food is somewhat lacking when compared with the price for the experience. Overall, the hotel is fantastic & we'll definitely return!

First Class

My family and I stayed at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge over Christmas and loved every minute of it. The Ginger Bread House in the lobby was beautiful. There was a Pastry Chef in the Lobby baking fresh cookies. The service was excellent. Linger Longer's dinner was the best meal I've ever had!

Great Birthday Weekend at the Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member MAJenkins

We just returned from a long weekend at the Lodge to celebrate my wife's birthday. I made restaurant reservations at Georgia's and Linger Longer with Audry in Guest Services. I mentioned my wife's birthday to her and during our entire stay she received special attention. The staff called us by name several times and was very professional. It was refreshing to stay at an upscale hotel that acted like they really wanted you to be there. We couldn't think of anything that we were disappointed with and will surely go back if we possibly can.

Peace and quiet in a beautiful setting

by TripAdvisor Member BWM&LJM

Once again the Ritz follow's through with its first class accomidations. Everything from check in to check out was perfect. They really have figured out how to deliver first class service. The resort itself is gorgeous. Located right on Lake Oconne, you get the feel of complete isloation from the rest of the world.

For families traveling with children, the staff did a great job of providing activities. During our stay there was a fishing tournament for families during the day and a huge fire pit to roast marshmellows at night.

The only downside is the small pool area. Its gets crowded very quickly and seems to get a little cramped. But once you look at the magnificant view of the lake and the endless Georgia Pines in the distance you soon realize that you're just happy to be there.

Curteous staff and great food makes this place a true hidden jem in the middle of Georgia. I would recommend this resort for those who like peace and quiet and the ability to unplug yourselves from the rest of the world.

Perfect Weekend Get-Away

by TripAdvisor Member LouLou630

All but good things to say about our recent visit to the Ritz on Lake Oconee. Just stayed for one night, but service was wonderful - bellman took us right to our rooms, showed us around. Complimentary ice cream bar and later manager's reception were wonderful. Pool was absolutely fabulous as were the grounds. Dined at Linger Longer restaurant and everyone is right - the lobster bisque was divine - even in the heat of summer! Perfect get away for the weekend - can't wait to go back.

Don't listen to the hype

by TripAdvisor Member keatingfamily

First I'll say that the resort if physically very beautiful. Stunning would be more like it. I was there for a meeting of 30 people and the catered dinner was very nice.

Other than that, I would really say this is a total waste of money. Perhaps what is here was impressive several years ago, but it's just mediocre now. As a business traveller, the #1 thing I'm looking for is the best opportunity to sleep and I certianly didnt get that here.

I'm writing this at 1:09am from room 202. I'm up right now because there was a party off the lobby that nobody cares to shut down. I'm sure they're so happy to make $5/drink that they don't have a financial incentive to shut it down dispite many guest protest. I just went up there to deal with it myself and there wasnt even anyone at the front desk. I ran into an engineer on the way back to my room and he said "we've told them several times...I apologize." Maybe I'm nuts, but since they own the place they could have easily shut the party down any time by just telling everyone to go. They just aren't interested in losing the drink money.

So now i'm back in my room (which is fine, but not worth anything close to what I'm paying for it) and sleeping in a mediocre bed. I'm sure it's better than what you'd get at a Motel 6, but I have slept in many more comfortable beds at Courtyards, Marriotts, Hiltons, Westons, etc. than here at this Ritz. I spend about 150 nights/year on the road so I've become pretty good at determining what the spectrum of beds in nicer hotels is like and this is certainly at the bottom from a comfort and pillow standpoint, although the bedding is nice.

I'm sure there are things I'm missing about this place that others have appreciated, but there is simply no way it's worth the money to come here.

Fabulous setting the real draw...

by TripAdvisor Member SBCDSM

Stunning views...from the porch off the lobby to sitting on the pool deck looking over the infinity edge pool out to the lake. Loved the location and the golf courses were fabulous (we went in low season so greens fees were reasonable - don't know if I'd pay the higher fees in season).

Our 8-year old loved playing on the sand beach. Lots of recreation options for younger ones, but the RitzKids program was a disappointment (they spent 1 1/2 hours watching a movie in the a.m.). Pool service was courteous but numbingly slow.

Valet and bell service was prompt and pleasant. Concierges were helpful but a bit brusque - I always felt they were trying to get me out the way as quickly as possible.

Overall the room was a bit cramped but othewise up to par for a Ritz. What little food we had there was OK (dinner at the Linger Longer was very nice but very $$). Most of the time we opted to drive and check out the local options.

Overall we had a nice time, due mainly to the gorgeous setting and water activities.

Impeccable Service!

by TripAdvisor Member Old_Man_Holland

What a serene setting! The hotel is on a gorgeous lake with immaculate landscaping. There are a lot of activities at the resort to keep you busy, from tennis to horse back riding. The rooms were beautiful and clean. But the best part of my two night stay was the staff. They were extremely attentive. Every staff member in the entire hotel greeted me if they walked by, from the bellmen to the landscapers. With most upscale resorts, the staff can be a little snooty, but all of the staff were helpful and professional without being pretentious. The resort is a bit pricey, but the service and accomodations are worth it!

greensboro history museum.greensboro history museum.

And that would be the sign...yes, indeedAnd that would be the sign...yes, indeed

Comments