60 S. Beachview Drive, , Georgia, 31527, United States

Days Inn & Suites Oceanside Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

• vhasouth's Profile Photo

Great Location

If going to Jekyll Island, this is THE place to stay. Located by the convention center, it has 2 pools and an above average continental breakfast.

The grounds are extremely well kept, the rooms a little on the small side. The drawback to this location is the air conditioners in the rooms. In our room, we had 2 double beds. The head of the bed closest to the window literally was 6 inches from the air conditioner. In order to cool the room, you must freeze the person who gets to sleep by the air conditioner!!

Unique Quality: This hotel offers 2 pools, the web site is somewhat misleading. 1 pool is not larger than the other. They are identical.

Be careful if you want to take a glass of juice or doughnut back to your room. It seems they have a rule that you cannot take food from the breakfast bar. The explanation given was to help eliminate bugs from the rooms, however, they have refrigerators and microwaves in each room. People already bring food in!!

This was a great location!

Directions: Turn right once you reach the dead end as you enter the island. The Days will be 1/2 mile down on your left

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

Great value and service!

I have truly enjoyed my stay. The hotel is located only few steps from the ocean. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished. Every morning from 6:00 to 10:00 a.m. there was free continental breakfast -- the selection was pretty good (toast, donuts, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, etc. and coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, milk, juice, etc.). Also, hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: Great view from many rooms. Also, fantastic view on the ocean from the dining room. There are two pools, great landscaping, close access to the beach.

I paid only $69.95 per night per room.

More about Days Inn Jekyll Island Oceanfront

Wonderful Stay

by TripAdvisor Member classyyvonne

We had a wonderful time at the Days Inn Resort. It was our honeymoon stay there. Staff was very friendly and helpful in everything that you wanted in a staff!! Breakfast area was nice and very clean also
Rooms were good too. We never had a problem.
It did rain alot when we were there, so we spent some time in there nice lobby area, and visited with other people staying there. Other than that, we had time to walk the nice beach area, that was close to the motel. Pools were nice there to, Very kept up.
I would highly recommend this motel to everyone!!
As for eating places. The Rah Bar at the end of the lattutide 31. Excellent shrimp and crab!!! The 4th of July fireworks were wonderful too. Something I think everyone would enjoy.
We would return to this wonderful Days Inn anytime!!

Awesome stay

There must have been some major improvement since some of the 2004 reviews, or they must have been written by people expecting a 5-star hotel... The staff was friendly and accomodating, writing down directions for us, checking us in early; they saw to our every need. We were allowed to use the meeting room (we were a group of 12) at our leisure, the pools were wonderful, the continental breakfast was plentiful and fresh, the rooms were immaculate, the beach is steps away, and the price was right; try to touch anything on Jekyll Island for anywhere near the price. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Security did not appear to be a problem. What else can I say? Days Inn does not always do this well, hats off to you!

Loved it !

by TripAdvisor Member RockG

This was a 1/2 way point between SC and Fla and since I had never been to a Georgia beach, we decided to try this place. Well, all I can say is I fell in love with Jekyll.
We arrived at the hotel about 730 pm and had to problems at all checking in. We had an island side room (no beachview) and proceeded to unpack. There was a refrig and microwave in the room which we had asked for earlier. The room were spacious and clean. After dumping the bags, we couldn't wait to hit the beach. A short walk between the two swimming pools, across the boardwalk and boom... we were there. Huge beach, hardly anyone around. Our one year old had a blast running around.
The breakfast they have in the mornings was surprising. In addition to the usual bagels and toast, they had fresh fruit, instant grits, cereal, a wide variety of cereal and coffee. There was no problem getting full... plus the view is great. You enter the lobby, go up a spiral staircase and that's where you eat. There is nothing but windows up there... really relaxing overlooking both pools.
The staff there was great. They insisted we bring our 1 year old up there so they could meet him.
The only thing I can think of that might be of some use to readers would be if you are wanting a room that views the ocean, you would probably have to get a 2nd floor room. Since there are huge dunes before the beach, I wouldn't think you would be able to see the beach from the first floor at all.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. We are already planning to go back... and it will be at this hotel.

Care worn hotel beautiful location

Last month our family met at Jekyll for a family reunion and loved the island. We will definitely be back but not at the Days Inn. The rooms were care worn and in great need of attention. Our room had a great view but the carpet was filthy and there were 5 or 6 holes in the walls that had been poorly patched. The a/c unit was directed right at the bed closet to the door and anyone sleeping in that bed had to put a blanket on their head. Every one in our reunion group complained of this problem. We even noticed one room that had a large crack in the window that had been duct taped. There are two large pools but both had broken lights and were closed in the evening when our children were ready to swim and cool off from the day. On a positive note the staff was very nice and the breakfast room was nice and offered a variety of breakfast foods. The room rate was on par with other hotels in the area and therefore I expected a nicer room. The first night in Jekyll we stayed at the Beachview Club which was lovely. Small and well maintained with clean rooms. We would not stay at the Days Inn again but would recommend the Beachview Club.

Had a great time!

I give this hotel an above average rating because it was above what I would expect from an economy hotel. My husband and I were there from 8/7 to 8/12. The hotel was really nice and clean. The rooms were of average size, but very clean. The housekeeping was great. The breakfast was decent...no eggs. but pleanty of cold cereals, doughnuts and bagels. The pools were big and the patio/deck area was nice. From the pools there is a boardwalk that leads you over the dunes to the beautiful and spacious beach. The Days Inn beach was one the best I saw there (some hotels had really small beach fronts), but this beach was very wide and clean. The service was great and even let us look at a few rooms before deciding which one we wanted. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Good Stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member BobbieSC

Just spent 3 nights and was very pleased with everything. Staff was very courteous and helpful, room was clean and neat, location was great. I would suggest that you choose the upstairs oceanfront room over the downstairs ones. Great view and wonderful ocean breeze!

Great value in a classy resort location

by TripAdvisor Member Ravenhill

We stayed at the Days Inn in early April 2006. It's a 1960s motel now part of the Days chain, and is probably one of their better hotels. The location is great: right on the beach, although the beach side rooms are considerably (we'd say disproportionately) more expensive than the landside ones. There are two pools and some lawned playing area. The rooms are off external corridors. Being a beach hotel and 40 years old, it suffers a little from wear and tear, but generally the place is well kept up and clean. The breakfast doesn't offer hot foods, but there's plenty to fill up on in the way of fruit, juices, toast, bagels, muffins, yoghurts and cereals. You can walk to the next hotel and use their restaurant, which used to be a Bennigans and now seems to be a Bennigans in all but name. There is cycle hire on site, but we found cheaper rates at the mini-golf centre further along the road. It's probably the cheapest hotel on the island, and terrific value as a result.

Best hotel/value on the island

by TripAdvisor Member aGeorgiaGal

If I go back to Jekyll, this will be where I stay again. It was a very convenient location and clean rooms, all with a good price. All of the rooms were close to the pool and the beach was right there. The free continental breakfast was above average with a great selection and even had homemade waffles that you could make yourself with the waffle iron. They allowed us to check in early without a problem. We had a great time and would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Jekyll.

Comments