Homestead Studio Suites Atlanta-Marietta-Powers Ferry

Tags

Travel with Pets Budget Travel Work Abroad
See Amenities

Traveler Beware!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 8, 2010

If you want to stay here, you should expect: to hear doors slam in the rooms above and below you; odors and dust traveling through the bathroom vent (I woke up coughing); people smoking pot; roaches; the reek of mildew from the bathroom facet water; a nauseating chlorine smell from the shower; the stench of urine in the stairwell; loud music; the stink of rotting trash in the hallways; people leaving their trash in the hallway; cheap washing machines that rip small holes in your clothing; creepy men hitting on you; people barbequing in the back; and people “vacationing” for weeks by hanging out and being a disturbance.

I also encountered a man standing by the elevator and looking at me with an erection, staff refusing to contact the manager after hours (even at the request of another manager at a different location), a charge on my credit card that was suppose to be a credit, yellow stains on the shower curtains, a plate that looked clean on the top but slathered with grease on the bottom, dog hair on the floor, chairs and lamp shades. I also overheard a guest complain about housekeeping ‘cleaning’ his room by ‘discarding’ 30 days worth of groceries he just bought and stored in bins.

I also discovered that this hotel chain will not give you the best rate. After months of relocation research on 4 local Homestead Studio properties and speaking with a corporate representative in response to their ad on Apaprtments.com, I thought I would “lock in [their] great rates” by signing a ‘long-term lodging agreement’ at $699 a month (60 day min.). Near my third month, a single mother told me she paid $599/mo. for the last seven months. A staff member said the rate is based on the reservation date, thus the guests living there for the last 1-5 years were “locked in” at their reservation rate despite any lower rate change. The manager, Troy, said the guest did not pay $599 and called her a “liar.” I called corporate and Brooke said it was “none of [my] business” what other guest paid, and that the rate was variable (even though no one offered me the lower rate for my 2nd 30-day contract). After a failed attempt to stay at another location, I returned to this location (as an emergency decision) and tried to make a reservation at the then current $599 rate. Troy did not want to make the reservation on Monday (so I paid $320 for the weekly rate): he wanted to wait until Friday because the rates would be higher and they were ($699). When I realized that Troy expected to make money off of my reservation at the higher rate, I notified corporate that I would post their shady scheme on the Internet.

If you like: people that are unaccommodating, greedy, aloof, and shady; any of the above mentioned; indolent housekeepers; and interactions with a manager that behaves like a diva, is contentious, and will ignore you and not return your phone calls, then this is the place for you.

Unique Quality: No frills. No service.

Directions: Business District

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Kitchenette

Marietta Travel Forum

Need advice about Marietta, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Marietta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Marietta hotel reviews