Motel 6 Newnan Ga

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 23 reviews
Hotels.com Expedia.com

Horrible place to stay

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 7, 2011

When we checked in, I had to constantly repeat myself because the person working the desk barely spoke English. Perhaps someone who speaks in a manner that could be understood would be helpful. I had to constantly repeat myself and ask the check-in clerk to repeat himself. He could not be understood.

Before we ever made it to our room, which was immediately beside a dumpster, I had to wait for the falling down drunk person to pause outside my door to keep from tumbling over his feet. Then, of course, there was the OBVIOUS drug dealer and pimp who was occupying the next couple of rooms beside us. I could have forgiven all of this if the room had been satisfactory. Our room smelled disgusting. It was supposedly a nonsmoking room, but it smelled of cigarette smoke and something akin to cat urine.

Further, I called the day following my checkout because I realized I had left a bag there. I was told, by the desk clerk, after having to repeat and spell my name more than six times that there was no one there to check whether anything had been left. After several more calls, and again, repeatedly and repeatedly spelling my name, I was told I'd need to call back later. Again, I called back and had to spell my name repeatedly--and it's understandable that the clerk had difficulty with understanding it considering he continued to talk while I was spelling my name. After many more moments, I was told that what I had left had been discarded because the man cleaning the room didn't believe it was of value--it was a bag of clothes and easily recognized as such since it was a very large mesh bag! After a few moments, I called back and asked for a manager. I was told the manager was out of town and would not return for a while. When I asked for the owner's contact information I was told again that the manager wouldn't return for a while. This poorly spoken person continued to speak over me despite being asked multiple times to stop talking so that I could talk. I don't know if it's a cultural issue or just a rudeness issue, but I worked in the hospitality industry as a desk clerk, night auditor and a manager for several years and would have never had someone represent my hotel who acted in the manner that man did. He failed to give me any information I requested, including the manager's name or the owner of the property's contact information.

Only after calling back and informing him that I was going to pursue this further, did he call sometime later during my trip and inform me that they had removed my belongings from the dumpster and that I could pick them up. In all of my travels and work in the industry, I have never had anything thrown away. The policy of every hotel I worked for was to maintain a lost property area where belongings were held for a 30 day period. But to be told that my clothes were thrown away and then that they were pulled from a DUMPSTER and that I can come and pick them up is ridiculous and outright insulting.

I'm on a two week trip across the country and travel quite frequently and extensively and I can honestly say that I WILL NEVER STAY AT A MOTEL 6 again either in Newnan or anywhere else. I would have considered staying at a Motel 6 on my return trip from California to South Carolina, but at this point I'd rather sleep in my car at a roadside rest stop than give any Motel 6 a penny of my money. And in fact, I will do all that I can to ensure that every one I know learns of my experience and knows to avoid Motel 6 like the plague.

Unique Quality: By outstanding, one typically means "better than good or extraordinary". The only thing extraordinary about this place is just how bad it is.

Directions: Beside a dumpster and behind a Starbucks....

Nearby Motel 6 Newnan Ga

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Pets Allowed

Newnan Travel Forum

Need advice about Newnan, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Newnan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Newnan hotel reviews