Motel 6 Newnan Ga

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Horrible place to stay

When we checked in, I had to constantly repeat myself because the person working the desk barely spoke English. Perhaps someone who speaks in a manner that could be understood would be helpful. I had to constantly repeat myself and ask the check-in clerk to repeat himself. He could not be understood.

Before we ever made it to our room, which was immediately beside a dumpster, I had to wait for the falling down drunk person to pause outside my door to keep from tumbling over his feet. Then, of course, there was the OBVIOUS drug dealer and pimp who was occupying the next couple of rooms beside us. I could have forgiven all of this if the room had been satisfactory. Our room smelled disgusting. It was supposedly a nonsmoking room, but it smelled of cigarette smoke and something akin to cat urine.

Further, I called the day following my checkout because I realized I had left a bag there. I was told, by the desk clerk, after having to repeat and spell my name more than six times that there was no one there to check whether anything had been left. After several more calls, and again, repeatedly and repeatedly spelling my name, I was told I'd need to call back later. Again, I called back and had to spell my name repeatedly--and it's understandable that the clerk had difficulty with understanding it considering he continued to talk while I was spelling my name. After many more moments, I was told that what I had left had been discarded because the man cleaning the room didn't believe it was of value--it was a bag of clothes and easily recognized as such since it was a very large mesh bag! After a few moments, I called back and asked for a manager. I was told the manager was out of town and would not return for a while. When I asked for the owner's contact information I was told again that the manager wouldn't return for a while. This poorly spoken person continued to speak over me despite being asked multiple times to stop talking so that I could talk. I don't know if it's a cultural issue or just a rudeness issue, but I worked in the hospitality industry as a desk clerk, night auditor and a manager for several years and would have never had someone represent my hotel who acted in the manner that man did. He failed to give me any information I requested, including the manager's name or the owner of the property's contact information.

Only after calling back and informing him that I was going to pursue this further, did he call sometime later during my trip and inform me that they had removed my belongings from the dumpster and that I could pick them up. In all of my travels and work in the industry, I have never had anything thrown away. The policy of every hotel I worked for was to maintain a lost property area where belongings were held for a 30 day period. But to be told that my clothes were thrown away and then that they were pulled from a DUMPSTER and that I can come and pick them up is ridiculous and outright insulting.

I'm on a two week trip across the country and travel quite frequently and extensively and I can honestly say that I WILL NEVER STAY AT A MOTEL 6 again either in Newnan or anywhere else. I would have considered staying at a Motel 6 on my return trip from California to South Carolina, but at this point I'd rather sleep in my car at a roadside rest stop than give any Motel 6 a penny of my money. And in fact, I will do all that I can to ensure that every one I know learns of my experience and knows to avoid Motel 6 like the plague.

Unique Quality: By outstanding, one typically means "better than good or extraordinary". The only thing extraordinary about this place is just how bad it is.

Directions: Beside a dumpster and behind a Starbucks....

More about Newnan

dent-wall housedent-wall house

coweta county courthousecoweta county courthouse

Our neighbours houseOur neighbours house

East Face of the CourthouseEast Face of the Courthouse

Travel Tips for Newnan

Antique Shopping In Sharpsburg

by fa330

Sharpsburg is a small town about 5 miles East of Newnan on Highway 16. There are about 10 antique shops, all unique in their own way. There are also a few small eateries nearby so you won't go hungry!

Fran's Newnan Page

by fa330

"175 YEARS!!"

A BRIEF HISTORY OF NEWNAN:
Newnan was first settled in 1828 and was named for a soldier, General Daniel Newnan from North Carolina. He later became GA Secretary of State and a US Congressman. Once Newnan was established, lawyers, doctors, and merchants began conducting business in the new town. Newnan prospered at the turn of the century due to the success of the cotton industry, and the town's leading citizens invested in the railroad during the mid 1800's. This brought economic prosperity to the town and established Newnan as one of the wealthiest towns per capita in the United States. A passenger railroad line to Newnan was opened in 1851.
The Civil War came closest to Newnan in July 1864, when the battle of Brown's Mill occurred three miles South of town, resulting in the defeat of Federal forces. College Temple was used during the war as a hospital for wounded Confederate and Union troops as were the courthouse and local churches. Newnan was spared some of the ravages of the Civil War, and many historic homes still line the streets of Newnan, known today as the "City of Homes".
Info taken from: www.ci.newnan.ga.us/newnanhistory.htm.

Recently Newnan celebrated its 175th anniversary!

I think this church is so pretty!

Comments