Days Inn Atlanta Jimmy Carter

Tags

Aquarium Zoo Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2011

These people were the rudest, most hostile and downright mean employees I have ever met in any service industry. We asked for another night the night before we were supposed to check out and we were woken up at 9AM. The checkout time is 10AM! The staff asked if we were checking out late. I told them that we signed on for another night. Since they barely spoke english, they didn't understand me. They left and then came back at 10:30. This time it was a woman. She immediately, upon opening the door, said "You can't stay anymore!". I told her that we booked another night.

"You pay?"
"We were sleeping! The person at the desk said we can pay anytime tomorrow!"
"No! You must pay now!"
"Look, we're sleeping! We had a long night last night and we've got a lot to do today. You have my card, you have all my info, this isn't necessary for $40!"
"No! No! You are sh*t. You piece of sh*t. You are not going to pay. You steal room!"

Extremely offended I slammed the door and called the front desk. I told them that we are being hassled by the cleaning crew and reminded them that we are staying another night. The person said OK but they barely spoke english as well.

15 min later...

(Now you may think this part is exaggerating as I'm sure a lot of people do on review sites. I've never written a review of a hotel ever but I am literally visiting every site I can because I feel that this is the worst treatment I've ever received and people should know so this doesn't happen to them.)

We are awoken, terrified, by BANGING on the door, YELLING from outside, more BANGING on the window. Then the phone starts to ring. It was the most terrifying awakening one could imagine. It sounded like a riot was happening outside!

Finally, after realizing there is no way to go back to sleep after that, I got dressed, opened the door, ignored the cursing and yelling from behind me, and stormed into the lobby. The manager was there and the staff followed me in. I told my story to the manager (the entire time being interrupted by the staff while they spoke in some Indian language) and he did nothing to quiet the crew. He said he was sorry for what happened and explained that the person I spoke to the night before didn't write down that I was staying another night. I told him that I explained it to someone on the phone and the people at the door. He just said he was sorry again and began to run my card. Another person appeared behind the counter and (very angrily) said, "Let me tell you something"

"I really don't want to hear it," I said
"No you must listen"
"No! I don't have to listen to anything. What's done is done and I just want to get out of here!"
"No! You don't understand! You must listen to me"
"Leave...me....alone!"
"NO! F*CKING LISTEN TO ME! Sometimes people say they will stay a night and then no pay!"
"You have my card! You have my information! This is no excuse to treat people like this! How dare you throw this in my face after I told you to leave me alone!"
"F*CK you!"

At that point I left. I figured before that I would just ignore the staff and what happened, thinking that they wouldn't want to bother me again so they don't get in trouble, but this was the last straw. I asked for my money back and I was told it was too late. I asked for a refund and the manager told me they could mail it to me. I didn't have the money to waste on another hotel! I ended up having to stay one more night.

The last thing I saw as I was leaving the hotel and packing my car was the cleaning staff by my room, looking down, clapping and laughing.

These people should be FIRED! I am a nice person and never gave them any attitude! Even while they were cursing at me! I don't know why they singled me out as it looks like no one else here has had this type of experience but I implore you to look elsewhere for a room. Right across the street there is another hotel for $40 bucks a night. It looks better, safer and it's cheaper.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!

Unique Quality: Room isn't disgusting

Directions: There is nothing to do in the area. If you really want to stay here, just go across the street! Same price if not cheaper!!

Nearby Days Inn Atlanta Jimmy Carter

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Norcross Travel Forum

Need advice about Norcross, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Norcross and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Norcross hotel reviews