Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Savannah I-95 North

Tags

Family Travel
See Amenities

Travelers Beware!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 23, 2007

We stayed here for 4 nights during a recent visit to Savannah and if it wasn't for my experiences at several other Country Inn & Suites facilities, I would swear off the entire chain. Not only did the level of day-to-day cleaning fall well below any standards I've been used to in similar facilities, but personal articles disappeared from our room and the manager informed us the hotel could not be held responsible for anything done by the housekeeping staff. Of course, he chose to make this comment to us via the assistant manager and over the phone after failing to appear for a prearranged meeting to discuss the issues prior to our scheduled check out. To give the benefit of a doubt, we approached the staff that my wife's night gown had disappeared and had possibly been picked up with towels, etc. After 2-1/2 days of going back and forth with the staff and their excuses as to why they couldn't tell us if it was somewhere in the laundry or not, they finally said it wasn't and we were on our own. In the interim, my wife left some change on the nightstand just to see what would happen - sure enough, it disappeared also! I would recommend other Country Inn & Suites, but definitely NOT this place!

Unique Quality: 1. Total Lack of Cleaning Skills: They dropped a piece of trash from the wastebasket in our room on Friday morning and it was still in the hall on Sunday morning!
2. Front Desk Not Staffed: A number of guests became frustrated while waiting and left their keys, etc. I was lucky - I only had to wait about 10 minutes before someone showed up at the desk to check me in (they appeared to be on a smoke break out back).
3. Free Breakfast: So long as there is anything to eat. Seems the staff thinks it is more important to scurry around in circles and straighten napkings that it is to fill empty containers, etc.
4. Uniformity of Procedures: I would have thought they had a procedure for cleaning guest rooms, but I guess not. One day, they cleaned part of the room, the next day, they cleaned something else.
5. High Speed Internet: It's there, but you can't connect to it with the information the staff has available. Also, the low signal in the hotel is overpowered by the signal for the wireless systems in the adjacent hotels!

Directions: Supposed to be on the outskirts of Savannah and on the interstate, but it actually turned out to back up to a 24-hour truck terminal on one site and vacant lots full of junk on the other side.

Nearby Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Savannah I-95 North

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Port Wentworth Travel Forum

Need advice about Port Wentworth, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Port Wentworth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Port Wentworth Travel Guide