AVIA Savannah

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

More about AVIA Savannah

Gorgeous hotel in the heart of Savannah's Historic District

by TripAdvisor Member JRBAKER24

We just completed our 4 day 3 night stay in the AVIA Savannah hotel and it was fabulous! We stayed in one of the suites that had a King size bed and a separate living room and kitchen area. The living room had a fold out sofa bed which was perfect for our 6 year old daughter. My husband & I were able to put her to bed and close the doors to our bedroom so we could stay up later. Although we did not partake of it, the bar and snack area was well-stocked. The hotel is within walking distance to EVERYTHING! Paula Deen's Lady & Sons restaurant can be seen from the hotel, it's only 1 block away, City Market is in another direction, and the Riverfront area, which is full of restaurants antique shops, & retail shops is only a quick 7 minute walk away. We never had to move our car the entire time. If you take any tours (the Savannah Movie Tour is great!) many will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel door. All in all this was a wonderful experience, and we would definitely stay here again. The few issues we had were resolved quickly (mainly getting our sofa bed made) and the staff was extremely friendly--the front desk, valet staff, and housekeeping staff really did a great job!

Great location, great service

by TripAdvisor Member snap802

The location of Avia Savannah in the historic district of Savannah is nearly perfect. The river, the market, and countless sights and squares are just a short walk from the hotel. The staff was also excellent. Upon arrival at Avia Savannah, we knew we had chosen a winner. The valets, bellmen, and desk personnel we always courteous and eager to be of service. I was personally impressed that each employee I met greeted us with a hello and a genuine smile. We stayed in a Grand Hosting Suite. The layout of the room was both comfortable and functional. The wood floor in the entryway/kitchenette was elegant as well as the furnishings. They offer turn down service on weekend nights, and the terrace/pool area offers a nice seating area with a fire pit. For the cost, the Avia was heavy in service and substance. There were only 2 (minor) issues:
1) Additional fee for parking -- the valet service was excellent, but you don't find out that it's an additional $20/day until your final bill. (try finding the info on their website!)
2) No hot tub at the pool/terrace area.
Overall, an excellent experience, we'll stay here again next time we're in Savannah.

Chic Hotel that was family friendly!

by TripAdvisor Member m13thomas

My family and I stayed at the Avia Hotel for two days on our way home from Florida to North Carolina. We arrived at 5pm after sitting in hours of traffic on I-95 (major construction I-95N, Georgia. At least 40 miles!) with everyone else. The line for check-in was long, but moving. While we waited in line we were greeted with huge, warm, fresh baked cookies, and they were delicious! Our daughter, 10 years old was very impressed. They also offered ice tea and water.

The hotel is very sophisticated in decor, but the staff is warm and very helpful. Everyone greeted you with a smile and ask if you needed any assistance. Our suite was lush with colors and luxury. Our daughter loved the T.V channel selections. They had Disney, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network! They actually have the best television selection I have ever seen in a hotel. My husband and I had a very comfortable king bedroom with amazingly soft sheets, and perfect pillows. Very comfortable, and cozy. The drapes were not only gorgeous, but they actually darkened the room. Our bathroom was very spacious with a beautiful free standing tub, and double sink. However, the shower was an open shower without a door. This didn't bother me as much as my husband. I think big guys might have an issue with this.

On the second floor of this hotel, is the fitness center. It is equipped with True treadmills and elliptical machines. They also have two Hoist multi-purpose machines. No free weights, but just enough to work off that good southern food, cocktails! Also on the second floor, is the pool area. The pool area is very lovely with cabana's, a fire pit and a large pool. The pool is closed at 10pm at night, and the pool seems to be in the shade most of the day. Our room had a direct view of the pool area, and it doesn't seem like much sun hits this area. However, many people were enjoying it. Another item, the ice machines are located on the second floor and the sixth floor.

Lastly, the hotel is in a great location in the Historic Distric. The City Market, Paula Dean's "Lady and Son's" restaurant (book ahead of time) and the River Walk are all one block away! Across the street from the hotel you will see a construction site. This will be made into a park, and a parking garage will be underground! It will be a very nice touch.

FYI, valet parking was 20.00 per day.

I highly recommend this lovely hotel. My husband and I are planning to come back to explore Savannah for our wedding anniversary!

A very pleasant experience that exceeded expectations.

by TripAdvisor Member Lumpy51

We were invited to meet friends in Savannah and stay at a new hotel that had recently opened. We found the staff of the hotel, from the front desk to the wine bar attendant to the housekeeping staff to be very friendly, accomodating and responsive. Try the small plates in the restaurant as they offer reasonably priced options that are quite tasty. We had an outstanding experience and would recommend the Hotel Avia!

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member MidwestWineLover

Lovely new hotel right in the heart of things, beautifully decorated rooms, close to everything, wonderful pool area, nice fitness room, staff very accomodating. We would highly recommend this property to either a leisure or business traveler.

One of the Best Hotels we have ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member CtKarmic

My husband and I checked out of the Avia this morning. We had a brief one night stay but were blown away by the hotel
The staff could not have been friendlier or accommodating
The room was beautifully decorated - we had a small suite with king bed and sitting area. The bed was super comfy. We returned in the evening to a lovely turn down service- soft lighting and music-spa robes at the ready - bottled water for each on the night stand- Dean and Deluca chocolate on the pillow
We spent time at the wine bar and enjoyed the wine recommended by Erin. The bar has a fun and hip ambiance which we enjoyed.
Can't wait to stay there again

European Charm, Southern Hospitality at its best!

by TripAdvisor Member DebraLevinson

This chic hotel is the place to see and be seen in all of Savannah. Its location reigns supreme for those of us less interested in the touristy side of this most enchanting city. Fine restaurants, quaint shops and charming Italian like piazzas abound. Speaking of Italy, Avia boast a signature organic blend of coffee which undoubtedly rivals Italy’s finest espresso. But for a taste of the South, their complimentary hot freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, accompanied by southern sweet tea or fresh squeezed lemonade is a must. In the evening, either sit at their posh wine bar or have them pour you a glass to go of their select wines for a romantic stroll of the cityscapes. Debra Levinson - www.italyluxhotels.com

Exceeded Expetations

by TripAdvisor Member sophiadogasheville

We made a trip to Savannah for a get -away and celebrate our anniversary. We had a wonderful time both in Savannah and at the hotel. The Avia staff is amazing. Becky the concierge could not have been more delightful and equally helpful. From checking in to departing everything was done with excellence. We actually had reservations at another 4 star hotel but after reading the trip advisor reviews we decided to cancel the previous reservation and book with Avia. Everything we read about the hotel was right on. The staff excells in service! The room was exactly as described and the location key!

Good location, pretty room

by TripAdvisor Member thequiettype

I stayed two nights at the Avia in a Grand Studio Suite, which was spacious with a very comfortable king bed. Bathroom was roomy, though needed more hooks/racks to hang wet towels, bathmat, bathing suit, etc. The swimming pool is small, but pretty, and the outdoor terrace is a nice place to sit in the evening (albeit without glassware). I agree with other reviewers that the air handling system is noisier than I'd have expected in a brand new hotel; an obvious design flaw though it didn't detract from my stay.

Music Blares All Night Long

by TripAdvisor Member Travelaot

Everything about this Hotel is great unless you want to sleep. It is across from a construction site that starts about 8:00 which would be OK except the music blaring from two thats right two clubs across from that. There's a live blues club and a dance club next door to that compete in volume blasting music into the street until about 2:00 AM. Ones a blues club and the other a rap club Its unbelievable and unbearable. . Anywhere else would be better , my wife and I walked around Savannah and every time we passed a hotel we said we should have stayed there.

Oglethorpe PlaqueOglethorpe Plaque

Welcome - We're Glad Georgia's on Your MindWelcome - We're Glad Georgia's on Your Mind

Old City- Modern BridgeOld City- Modern Bridge

Cigar StoreCigar Store

St Patty Parade - best balcony?

by snobbychicr3

I am looking for suggestions for the best place to watch the St Patty's Day Parade. I am flying in with friends/clients via private aircraft and we would like a private balcony directly on the parade route if possible. Our main interest lies in staying off the street and out of the muck. Any suggestions?

RE: St Patty Parade - best balcony?

by brkilbourne

The Mansion is at the staging area at Forsyth Park, expensive. Hampton Inn on Bay St is a perfect location but has no balconies. There are a couple of more I'll check out for you. Also the parade route changes a little from year to year.

RE: St Patty Parade - best balcony?

by brkilbourne

Best place for viewing would be the Hilton. Rm 312, 412, 512, etc for best allround, rms 313, 413, etc for best camera view. Most likely all rooms are booked a year in advance. 1/2 million people come to Saannah for the parade

Comments