Azalea Inn

217 East Huntingdon Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

Azalea Inn & Gardens
Priceline.com Booking.com

• Disappointed in Service

I purchased a great deal from livingsocial.com and was excited as this was to be my husband's and my first B&B experience. The deal must have been too good because the hotel wouldn't book us into a room (one of the four designated rooms) for the MONDAY OR... TUESDAY night we'd be in Savannah. I was told they were booked solid til June 5th but checked their website and found that was a lie...they weren't booked they just weren't booking people who purchased the deal from Livingsocial.com. I'm extremely grateful that the website is issuing a full refund, per the language of their contract, they didn't have to, they're even kicking in an additional $10 voucher for future use. I wrote the B&B and let them know there were no blackout dates listed in the special...most folks who would love to try their hotel only would be able to do so using this special so to make it restricted only to the summer seems ill-advised and deceiving. I would advise you to skip this place if you value honesty and good customer service.See More

More about Azalea Inn

Relaxing atmosphere...great hosts

by TripAdvisor Member Max's girl

Just returned from a New Year's Eve stay at the Azalea Inn and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Theresa and Jake are wonderful hosts, personable, knowledgeable and helpful. We had the Cotton Exchange Room and it was everything a B & B room could be...incredibly comfortable kingsize bed, 2 person jacuzzi tub, sitting area with leather chairs and a working fireplace and a small balcony overlooking the courtyard and pool. The breakfasts were delicious and we especially enjoyed the occasional company of Kacy, Joey and Ben (the residen Yorkies!) We hope to return and would certainly recommend this B & B to anyone looking for a quiet, centrally located place to stay in Savannah.

A Wonderful Christmas

by TripAdvisor Member Kittygal

I satyed at the Azalea Inn for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and could not have been more pleased with my choice. There are MANY B and B's in Savannah---but somehow, I lucked out! The Inn's ownership has changed hands recently and the new innkeepers are busily settling into their new home with gusto. The Azalea is located just a quick stroll from Forsyth Square, the Cathedral and plenty of "The Book" sights for those so inclined. Even downtown and the river are walkable. The downstairs reception and dining areas are beautifully-restored, with some interesting, recently-painted murals in the dining room depicting the history of Savannah. The guest rooms are large, with huge window views of the tree lined streets or the pool and back gardens, and offstreet oarking is available (a plus!). My room had a balcony as well, which was nice for having morning coffee in the December air. Private bath, comfortable bed, cable TV for my James Bond addiction, an iron and board---it was all I needed. Breakfasts were delicious, homemade and very filling, which helped fuel me up for a day's sightseeing or travelling. And the Christmas decorations made the Inn all the more welcoming. I now it must be hard to choose amongst the plethora of inns, but the Azalea is a great choice and I'm glad I was able to spend my holiday there.

simply loved it

This will certainly be an unforgetable trip for the two of us as we happened to be celebrating our firt year together and the magic of Azalea Inn and its owners made our stay be as wonderful as we could not imagine...
We felt like if being in a family where our needs where taken care of to the detail...even at breakfast time...I remember having special meals just cooked for myself because I did not eat most things so...in spite of being little embarased I felt like at home.
These amazing couple share their dreams with their guests and this you can tell because of the continuous smile on their faces and the way they cared for each and every one ...
Thank you so much...we will not forget you...
It was really a pleasure!

Simy and Robert

A Charming Retreat

Savannah and the Azalea Inn are a real treat - charmingly southern and historic yet so unpretentious and authentic. Savannah certainly benefits from the infusion of vitality given by its Savannah College of Art and Design students. Teresa and Jake, as hosts of the Azalea Inn, are gracious, warm and welcoming providing not only fantastic breakfasts and accommodations but also valuable advice and service to enjoying your entire visit to Savannah.

Loved the Azalea Inn

The Azalea Inn was a delight! The hosts, Teresa and Jake, felt just like life-long friends. The breakfast was MAGNIFICENT!! My husband, sister and I were surprising my mother for her birthday - The Azalea was the icing on the cake! Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Great Service and Atmosphere

My now husband and I eloped at The Azalea Inn. We stayed their for two nights and held our intimate wedding ceremony poolside. The staff at the Inn were very personable and quickly responded to our needs not only while we stayed with them but also during the planning process leading up to the wedding.

With only a few weeks to prepare for a quick wedding, they were able to offer much guidance and advice in selecting some wedding arrangements.

The atmosphere was very charming and intimate. It was the perfect place to have a small gathering. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

They will go out of their way to make your arrival and stay a memorable one! The extra little details and touches are unforgettable.

Great time in Savannah

Wonderful experience in a historic home with fresh new rooms which are beautiful and well cared for. The Inn keepers are friendly and helpful and fund to spend time getting to know.

The location is a managable walk to key points of interest or the tour companies will pick you up at the front door.

A great vacation supported by excellent accomidations.

Felt very comfortable

We really enjoyed staying at the Azelea Inn for our trip to visit our boys at Savannah College of Art and Design. The staff and owners clearly loved what they were doing. Hearing them laugh and joke with each other while they cooked and worked was great. The food was awesome and our room was very comfortable. We sat by the pool late afternoon and enjoyed talking with the owners and other guests and playing with the 3 resident yorkies. I would probably book a room upstairs next time-a little more private. We were close to Forsyth Park and took an early morning walk before breakfast. We had no trouble parking and we were on the edge of the historic district and the wonderful squares and riverfront. March is a great time to go if you are from the northeast-the flowers are blooming and on Sat p.m. we sat in Forsyth Park, and soaked up the sun--it was so relaxing.
Joanne and Jeff from New Hampshire.

Southern Hospitality at it's best!

In early March my husband and I had the pleasure of visiting the beautiful city of Savanah,Ga. We stayed at the Azalea Inn which was a short 20 minute walk through the alluring historic district to the downtown/riverfront area of Savannah. We cannot say enough about the enchanting Azalea Inn. As soon as we stepped out of the car (parked conveniently next to the Inn) the cheerful yellow-painted house surrounded by beautiful and manicured gardens welcomed us. Once inside, Theresa, the owner, greeted us with a genuine warmth and friendliness. The Inn itself is beautifully decorated and immaculate. You feel as if you have been transported back in time. Each morning we enjoyed coffee and juice on our private balcony overlooking the quaint back gardens and pool. And the breakfasts!!! wow!! Nothing short of 5 diamond gourmet.Theresa is even willing to share her recipes!! Theresa and her staff gladly helped you organize your day arranging tours at a discounted cost and even had us picked up at the Inn in a limo at no extra charge! We truly felt we had been visiting old friends. We highly recommend the Azalea Inn and hope someday to return.

Mike and Debbie Campbell
Kingston, Ontario
Canada

Amazing Inn

This inn has not skimped on any detail. From the decore to the breakfast, there is nothing you need to ask for because it is taken care of. Fabulous hosts, rooms and food!

Savannah ArchitectureSavannah Architecture

Cannon overlooking the riverCannon overlooking the river

Savannah BaySavannah Bay

The narrow Savannah RiverThe narrow Savannah River

NIGHT LIFE IN SAVANNAH

by ryansnell

i am planning on taking a trip to Savannah and i was wondering what the night life is like on SAT and SUN FOR EXAMPLE: dance clubs ect.

RE: NIGHT LIFE IN SAVANNAH

by vhsdit03

While I was there, I saw many dance clubs and live music venues catering to the 20-something crowds just beyond downtown (couple streets over from Vinnie can Go-Go's & Gelatohh!) I wanted to go desperately, but alas, I am TOO YOUNG...

Comments