14 East Oglethorpe Avenue, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

• dhaynie111's Profile Photo

Bed and Breakfast

We stayed in a wonderful room overlooking the garden. You are treated like royalty in this fine establishment. If you are looking for a special, romantic getaway, then this is the place for you.

Unique Quality: historic house, romantic breakfast for two in location, and time that is chosen by you, beautiful setting next to the landscaped squares of Savannah.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo

Elegant digs

What a perfect place to stay in Savannah.
    This place exuded Southern elegance, and has a score of recommendations from places like Conde Naste magazines.
    Because we required two beds, they put us in the equivalent of the basement, but the room was still very nice and our outside door opened onto the garden courtroom.

Unique Quality: The Ballastone has a bar (which we never used) and serves afternoon tea free (more like appetizers) to its guests. A very good breakfast also comes with the accommodations.
    Supposedly Kevin Spacey (and maybe others) stayed at the Ballastone when they were making "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"

More about Ballastone Inn

Exceptional Stay At The Ballastone Inn

My husband and I have been needing a relaxed, pampered, and delightful weekend away for some time now...
We have had a couple of months of sheer stress,
fear, expense, frustration and a lot of work. As everyone knows, we have been visited by two
hurricanes as of late, Francis and Jeanne--both direct hits to our area of FL.
Needless to say, we found the most delightful Inn we have ever had the pleasure to stay in!
The Ballastone Inn couldn't have been more perfect! The accomodations, staff, food and locale was perfect...
We've decided to make this a regular visit, whether
we need it or not!
We completely escaped into true "Southern Hospitality"
Thanks for one of the best weekends we have ever had, Ballastone Inn! Can't wait to return!

Our romantic getaway since 1994

by TripAdvisor Member coupleanddaughter

My husband and I have been staying at the Ballastone since our honeymoon in December 1994. We visit 1-3 times per year and generally stay 4 evenings. The current owners/innkeepers are a very gracious couple. The staff has always gone above and beyond whatever is necessary to make our visit special. They arrange our dining reservations, carriage ride and taxi service, along with anything else we may need. The breakfast is always delicious and special requests are accomodated if possible. We have the opportunity to visit many fine hotels, but the Ballastone Inn remains the most special place in our hearts.

Go to Savannah and the Ballastone is like vising another country!

The Ballastone could have pleased us more! The far exceeded epectations...and then more! When we returned home, we felt like we had had a wonderful vacation in another country. Part of it was Savannah itself, but at least 80% of it was the Ballastone Inn. It's elegance and friendly staff were unbelivable! EVERYONE goes out of their way to be SURE that you enjoy yourself. ( IF you do NOT, it is your own fault!) I do not want to repeat what has already been said, but I certainly want to agree with the positive comments. I actually had a dream just two nights ago that I was back there again. I also called when I returned home to find the type and brand of the pillows…an they found it or me! Even the pillow are the best!

I know that there are also lots of folks behind the scene that are responsible for the exqusite service and food, but I want to specifically thank Nicole, Dwayne, and Melissa. They are just wonderful and will do anything for the guests. The chef and the lady who served us breakfast were so so friendly and even shared a few recipes that I requested. Be SURE and get the breakfast "special" each day... it is always different and alway wonderful.

We have stayed in many parts of the world, but never have we had such a pleasurable experience and such perfect service. The décor of the Inn is so detailed and elegant in every room! They do everything so well that there is not really a word to describe it...just GO, and see for yourself! We KNOW we are going back. It is like experiencing different place and time.....BUT, with ALL the amenities!

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member tjoli

My parents, my husband and I stayed at the Ballastone Inn, from October 16 to the 18th. Our plan was to continue on to Charleston, SC, for the next four days, but we wish we had stayed at the Ballastone the entire time. We had the Hannah room, and my parents had Rhett's Retreat. Both rooms were beautiful, although we preferred the Hannah, due to it's easy access to the lovely courtyard. Each day we had a breakfast, tea in the afternoon with the best treats, wine and hors'doeuvres at 6:00, and a chocolate on the pillow at bedtime. My husband and I are runners, and we were able to find a lovely route directly to Forsythe Park which is 1 mile around. We were able to walk to all the sights and restaurants. We literally parked the rental car and didn't use it again until we had to leave. There was nothing they could have done to improve our wonderful stay.

Parents 50th Anniversary Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member erjh3502

For my parents' 50th anniversary my husband and I took them to Savannah. After researching I decided on the Ballanstone Inn and it was everything that I had anticipated. My parents loved every minute while we were there. The inn was beautiful and the staff very friendly and helpful. They knew it was my parents' 50th and put a bottle of champagne in their room the first night (I had not requested it). The breakfast was delicious and the chef came by every morning to see if we were pleased. The afternoon tea was such a nice touch and one night we did enjoy the appetizers and drinks. The drinks were charged to our bill but I feel as if that is a fair practice. There was free port and brandy in the evening which my dad enjoyed after we came back from dinner. We met Jim, the owner, who couldn't have been nicer. It was a wonderful celebration for my parents and I thank the Ballastone Inn for making it special.

Leave your worries behind!

To celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, my husband and I visited Savannah and stayed at the Ballastone Inn. After living in Savannah for 3 1/2 years in the late 90's and recently researching numerous b&b's in the area, no one holds a candle to the Ballastone. On our 3 night stay, we had to change rooms every night. To some this would be a bother, but we LOVED it! The staff all but packed our bags for us. We came down for a leisurely breakfast and freshened up in our room and went out for the day (sometimes 1 hour, sometimes 6 hours) and came back with our bags in our new room. What a fun way to experience different rooms at this inn. Breakfast was great. Tea was super. Appetizers and wine were nice too. (Don't think that the appetizers will substitute for dinner though.) The staff is superb. Nothing seems to be a problem and they are helpful in every way. They even went so far as to call our restaurant to tell them that we were 15 minutes late because of a tardy cab. Look no further. This is where we'll stay each time we return to Savannah.

Southern Hospitality at its finest

I have stayed at other B&B's in Savannah but none hold a candle to the Ballastone. It is truly Southern Hospitality at its finest! From the moment you arrive it is obvious that your stay and comfort are utmost to the staff and innkeepers. The attention for detail is impeccable. Jennifer and Jim the innkeepers since 2002 certainly know how to pamper their guests, from the beautifully decorated rooms, to the wonderful southern breakfast, the afternoon tea, the evening hors d'oeuvres - just relaxing by the fireplace in the parlor - you feel that you've found a special retreat where they know the real meaning of Southern Hospitality. I'm looking forward to my return visit during the Christmas Holidays!

Wonderful Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member sopeleta

My husband and I just returned from a lovely weekend in Savannah and a fantastic stay at the Ballastone. It is worth every penny. All the rooms are nice but the suites are the best. The breakfast is delicious and the afternoon tea is a nice touch. We also enjoyed the complimentary brandy and port in the evenings as well. The staff is friendly and attentive. They arranged for a romantic carriage ride and made dinner reservations for us. Their recommendations were perfect. They even ironed our clothes! The location is also great. River Street, City Market, and other attractions are just a few blocks away. We are already planning our return trip.

Comments