Bed and Breakfast Inn

Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn
Travelocity Booking.com Tingo.com

• amihan's Profile Photo

A great value B&B

This bed and breakfast was wonderful for our Thanksgiving get away. It is located in the historic district in one of the squares and is very easy to walk to most of the sights. The breakfast was good, not gourmet, but good nonetheless. The staff is friendly.

• FreeCloud's Profile Photo

B&B in Historic District

Located on West Gordon Street, the historic district of Savannah, The Bed and Breakfast Inn is a charming inn.
    Search online

Unique Quality: The owner collects some oriental art pieces and furniture.

All rooms are different. Some (in the main house) could have a balcony overlooking the small courtyard at the back; while others (in the courtyard at the back) could have a small kitchen.

One can simply walk around from here to the rest of the historic district, all the way to the riverside.

Directions: 117 West Gordon Street
    Savannah, Georgia 31401

More about Bed and Breakfast Inn

loved it here

we chose the bed and breakfast inn based on the positive comments it got here, and it was a great choice!

it's adorable inside, and our room was so nice.

we originally had the cottage on the lane reserved, but they were working on it and upgraded us for the same low price of $89 to the red cottage, which had its own entrance to the courtyard.

it was really clean and cute.

the people who work there are very friendly.

i would stay again, especially for the value!

Loved it...and proposed to my wife there!

My wife and I stayed here in September of 2003 (before we were married). This is where I proposed to her at!

We stayed in the Ivy Cottage, a 2 story carriage house behind the main house. It has a lovely little bedroom and bathroom down stairs, and a living room/kitchen upstairs, as well as a little balcony overlooking the courtyard.

The cottage was very clean and cozy, and made for a very romantic setting, which is exactly what I planned.

The house was also very nice, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, and we enjoyed meeting Grits, the cat.

We paid about $99/night, which is an exceptional value for such a room. Easy walking distance to River Street, etc, but set back far enough from the busy part of town to make it very nice.

The only drawback I saw was the parking....if you get back later in the evening, the spaces out front are all taken. I had to park on the next street back, but it wasn't too bad of a walk.

We will almost definately stay there again next time we go to Savannah!

by TripAdvisor Member fimobo

We found the Inn to be extremely comfortable and very pleasantly furnished but it's main charm was the friendly welcome and helpfullness of the staff, from the lady who took in our luggage early in the day and who guided us to suitable lunch venues etc. to the kind prorietor who made sure we got to the Airport on time. There was a minor glitch with the TV in our room but Brian had it fixed asap although we had said that it wasn't important as we'd only wanted to check the progress of Hurricane Ivan who was threatening New Orleans(our next destination). The breakfasts were delicious, the afternoon tea in the courtyard a refreshing, relaxing break and we enjoyed conversations with the garden lady and Grits, the Inn cat - a real charmer. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Savannah and look forward to a return visit as soon as we can.

Best Stay We've Had

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary, and we could not have been more pleased. We were greeted by a very plesant staff who welcomed us in and gave us a tour around the inn. They also explained the historic district to us along with recommending places to go. We stayed in the Library, and it was outstanding. We did not have any problems with parking and the breakfast was quite enjoyable. It was nice to wake up to the nice aroma of coffee in the room. I would highly recommend the bnb inn to anyone looking for a great stay for a great price. We will definitely stay here again.

Quaint and Excellent Value

Arrived at the Bed and Breakfast Inn following horrendous journey from Atlanta - September 7th, Hurricane had hit Georgia - travelled through 3 hours or so of torrential rain. Didn't have a clue where Bed and Breakfast Inn was in the City, parking meters everywhere - stopped off near FBI (?) building and found tourist shop. Lovely man told us where to go to get parking permit for 48 hours and gave us map and showed one way system. Back in car drove round (several times!) parked up and walked to find it. Note now there is a flag outside, probably removed during the storms! Tripped over the bits of trees scattered all over the pavements (sidewalks!) and climbed up the steps clutching on to the iron balustrade to an old terraced house.

Trepidation set in, old looking house - was it some grotty dive? The door opened and this charming young woman welcomed us, we all sat down in what I would describe as a Victorian Parlour to explain all about the area, where to park and about the parking permit (oops we already had one).

The Proprietor, who comes from South Africa, greeted us in her native language which we do not speak! - I think she was bit disappointed that, as the booking had been confirmed by him, my step-son (a South African) whom we were visiting in the USA was not with us. Anyway that did not stop her and my husband chatting about South Africa/USA.

Finally we go to see our room, amazing - bed so comfortable - we fell asleep! Lovely personal touches in the rooms.

We are definitely planning on returning - loved the house, the staff so friendly and helpful - didn't get to see the cats though probably hiding following the storm. No problem with the parking The only thing missing here were the ghosts - walking up that staircase at night to the top of the house....

Wonderful place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member mdiv2001

What a wonderful place to stay in a lovely city! From the brownstone exterior to the wonderfully appointed rooms to the top-notch breakfast, we enjoyed everything about our stay here. They even plug the parking meters for you if you need to park on the street. And for the price... I doubt we'd ever stay anywhere else. I only wish we could have seen more of our hostess.

Great Anniversary choice: Savannah and the B&B Inn

In early November, my wife and I spent our 30th Anniversary in Savannah. We couldn't be happier with our choice. We took a lot of our information from TripAdvisor.com and settled on The Bed and Breakfast Inn as a place to stay. Like so many before us we were delighted with our accomodations. We booked the Blue Cottage and were thrilled with every part of our stay from coffee in the courtyard to strolling around the quiet end of the Historic District.

Comments