118 East Waldburg Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States
Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Catherine Ward House Inn

Best four days ever

My wife and I stayed at the Catherine Ward House Inn in beautiful historic Savannah, Ga. The Inn was fabulous and was the best four days we could have imagined. It is within walking distance to the entire town and river street and on the edge of beautiful Forsyth Park. We hope to make this an annual trip for us and the Catherine Ward House is most certainly our Inn of choice. The meals were wonderful and the host, Bea, was a very nice person and a good cook. It is amazing the difference between staying here or at a hotel. Bea and the Catherine Ward House made our trip to Savannah most memorable and we look forward to coming back again soon. Thanks again Bea.
Rick and Laurie Whitworth
Carnesville, Ga.

a great honeymooner's retreat

Bea took great care of us at the Catherine Ward House Inn! We highly recommend the upstairs rooms (we had #2) and it was a perfect honeymoon suite -- the big plush bed and jacuzzi were swell! Bea was funny, solicitous, and thoughtful. She gave great recommendations and Lucille and she put on a tremendous breakfast.

The digs were great (gorgeous decor downstairs, beautiful facade) but Bea's treatment of us is what made the visit so special.

Bea made our honeymoon special!

by TripAdvisor Member Bless3d

The Catherine Ward House Inn is a beautifully appointed bed and breakfast. Our room was wonderfully relaxing (the Versailles room - honeymoon suite with a two person jacuzzi), the food was delicious (even for my husband, who is extremely picky) and best of all was our WONDERFUL innkeeper, Bea. She made us feel welcome, wasn't intrusive, but was always helpful when we needed it.

We would recommend this Inn to any of our friends - a great place to stay in Savannah!

Wonderful Stay

This is a lovely and charming place to stay in Savannah near Forsyth Park. I had visited this lovely city previously and this was the best experience yet. Bea pampered us and made us feel at home. Breakfasts were enormous and delicious.The atmosphere is elegant and soothing with spotless, tastefully decorated rooms. My friend and I were escaping South Florida post-Wilma and Bea made us feel soothed and pampered for our whole stay. I can't say enough nice things about The Catherine Ward House Inn. I will return!!

Great B&B

We stayed at the Catherine Ward House Inn for 5 days and couldn't have been treated any better. The breakfasts were enjoyable, the house is beautiful.We truly experienced Southern hospitality at its best.
Our only concerns were not enough dressers to unpack and store our belongings.
The location of the B&B is close to the downtown area, historice sites and squares.
We would definitely recommend this B&B.
We also enjoyed the walking ghost tour, Paula Deen tour, and all the great shops along the river.
Savannah is a beautiful city.

A great B&B

by TripAdvisor Member holtspa

The Catherine Ward House Inn is located in the Victorian District, very close to Forsyth Park, but just off the main tourist maps - though it is within walking distance of the tour bus stops. The directions on the web are very clear and it is easy to get to. Parking, on the street, is not a problem. The building is gorgeous, as is the decor, with exquisite attention to detail. The beds are comfortable, though high. Everything is spotlessly clean. Breakfasts are at a communal table: they are freshly prepared and delicious. Perhaps the best aspect is the genuine hospitality of the owners: they really want you to enjoy your stay in Savannah and will take a lot of time discussing the best way to spend your days and where to eat (though the quality of the very local restaurants is mixed - Sweetleaf was terrfic, but avoid the Mansion on Forsyth). Highly recommended to anyone seeking luxury with a personal touch.

Best B&B in Savannah

Savannah is lucky to have such a great place for visitors to come to. The historic home is well cared for and in the historic district The staff is excellent - Bea and Leslie took great care of us from breakfast to the end of the day

Charming and fun!

My family and I stayed here over the New Year weekend and had a blast. We occupied the three lower level rooms and they were all clean and charming in there own way. The Garden room has a very small bathroom so if that is important to you I would choose a different room. The Garden room however is beautiful and has a private access to the garden area. I have read other reviews that mentioned how rude the owners and staff were but we had quite a different opinion. Although the owners were gone that weekend, Bea the Inn's manager was there and incredibly hospitable! She made arrangements for us to see the Jukebox show (which is wonderful for ALL ages)and I'm not sure if she had connections or it was just luck, but we had front row, center stage balcony seats. Great view! Bea also had everyone in the Inn for Wine and cheese in the main living area which was a great way to meet the other guests. Bea joined us all the entire time and kept the conversations going (and the wine!) The only negative I could say would be the "limo tour." This was a bit deceivng because it sounded like we were going to be taken around the city in a limo for the tour and then could get an all day pass to get on/off the trolly. Actually it is just a 5 minute limo ride to the trolly. That is all the limo you will see! In all fairness though I should have read the brochure a bit better.
The Inn is a classy place but not stuffy. We will all stay there again. Thanks BEA, you make this Inn amazing! I almost forgot... breakfast was wonderful both mornings and our seatings were 9:00 and 9:30, not 8:00 as mentioned in many reviews. We also were not charged extra for early coffee, tea, bottled water or juice (which I agree would be tacky if the previous owners use to do that.)

Great Time

We came for Paula Deen's Cooking School and spent 4 days touring Savannah. Bea, the innkeeper, was very attentive to our every need... even secured us a copy of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil so we could watch it while we were there. We had a wonderful time. Looking forward to a return trip

Comments