Foley Inn

14 West Hull Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

AMOMA.com

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Romantic B&B

After a week long stay in Hilton Head, we decided to have a quick overnight in Old Savannah. It is rated one of the Top 3 INns in Savannah by Travel and Holiday Magazine and it is featured in National Geographic as one of the 25 Top Southern Inns.

Unique Quality: Each of the nineteen rooms has a delicate blend of traditional decor (antiques) and modern amenities (oversized jacuzzi tubs). Most of the rooms have gas fireplaces. And some have private balconies overlooking the square (which is the site where "Forrest Gump" are chocolate and waited for the bus. One of the added bonuses is that the Inn offers Spa Services (massages and facials) in the privacy of your own room.

Directions: Old Savannah. Chippewa Square.

More about Foley Inn

Escape to a quaint, comfy relaxing get away!

The foley house was truly a relaxing get away. The Inn is tastefully decorated and the hospitality of the staff and owner was wonderful. They arranged a wonderful dining reservation for us and after a truly romantic champagne buggy ride. The area is so full of history and beautiful buildings.
The foley house has the charm of the past with all the modern conveniences. Like the wonderful jacuzzi tub and beautiful fireplaces in the rooms. It was a vacation we will look forward to enjoying again!

A Wonderous Weekend

My husband and I would recommend the Foley House Inn to anyone. The Inn is OUTSTANDING down to every last detail, and the staff is there to help you with anything. We had an amazing time and would LOVE to come back and visit the Inn and all its staff very soon. The rooms are Amazing and I would have to say that this is a VERY romantic place to stay. We were only there a week ago, and I'm already wanting to re-visit. Thank You Mrs. Zerwer for your wonderful Inn and the tremendous staff that you have. We wish you all the best..

Sincerely,
Derek & Renee' Bley

Facts for Foley Inn

We went to Savannah for a day trip, and chose the Foley Inn. The llocation was great, on Chippewa Square--almost in the middle of the ditrict--so you can walk the entire historic district easily. The innkeeper was very good, and right away made tour reservations for us, as well as having prior to our visit made us superb dining reservations at 54 South, a very upscale place with extremely good ( for anywhere in the US) food. The bed was comfortable, although we prefer down pillows to feather pillows. Parking was easy in the area, and we purchased a 2-day pass to park anywhere, which was very handy. The house can be a bit noisey, as we heard people walking above us at night and in the morning, and we were also asked to turn our videtape down, which was okay with us. I didn't like the mention of a tipping policy--even optional---since the rates at the bed and breakfasts are already fairly steep. The wine hour is also 6-7, versus 5-6, which is a bit late if you don't want to go to dinner at 7:30 or later, and I did note that most of the guests were middle-aged or greater. But we did enjoy our stay very much. It is hard to chose in Savannah, since there are so many B&Bs, but if you like to walk a centrally located one like the Foley Inn is to be recommended.

A Savannah Treasure

Our first visit to Savannah was all the more delightful because of the Foley Inn. We stayed there for two nights in a beautifully-decorated room overlooking Chippewa Square. Ross and his staff were very friendly and helpful. In particular, we must mention "Gregarious Grant" -- a charming and ever-helpful young man. We enjoyed afternoon tea and the wine and cheese get-togethers with other guests, with whom we could exchange information on the various restaurants (all within walking distance). We had been looking forward to this visit for a long time, and certainly hope to return. We highly recommend the Foley Inn as the place to stay.

High quality B&B with great southern hospitality (great central location as well)

We had a great experience at the Foley House Inn. The rooms were big and very clean and well taken care of. The Staff was very hospitalable from Mrs Z. (owner), to Ross, to Grant. The morning breakfast were delicious and we were greeted each day with a friendly server (unfortunately, I cannot remember her name). Wine & afternoon snacks were delicious and so were the sweet & tea hours.

Overall, a high quality b&b in a very central location (great for all the sight seeing). Other guests of the b&b were very nice and from all over the country & world.

Thanks for the wonderful southern hospitality. We will return again!

Can't Beat the Service

I called the inn to book one of their packages because I was going to propose to my girlfriend. The innkeeper, Burrel, immediately started throwing suggestions at me to make this as special as I wanted. She set up a private carriage ride and even made arrangements for us to have a private dining room at Sapphire Grill (great restaurant) where I popped the question over champagne and dessert (she said 'yes'). When we returned to Foley Inn the staff had prepared a "romantic tundown' with chocolate covered strawberries and candles and rose petals. My fiancee was blown away. Foley House rocks! At breakfast the next morning all of the staff came up and congratulated us. It was awesome. We would recommed the Foley House to anyone looking for romance and great customer service.

good location

by TripAdvisor Member hungryguy

Took their cheapest room in the carriage house as there were cancellation penalties and we weren't sure we would be able to go on the trip. I would stay in the main house if I stayed there in the future. Our room was up 2 flights of metal stairs and overlooked their "courtyard" which is a non-event, the room was small and a little worn even though it was supposedly recently redecorated. It was quiet and had a kingbed and very comfortable mattress.The Inn is centrally located in the Historic district on a square.
The breakfasts were unusually good. The afternoon tea and the wine and cheese were less than memorable.
The staff was pleasant and helpful.

Loved the Foley House Inn

It was my first trip to Savannah. The Foley House Inn was a perfect choice. It was beautiful and the staff was very knowledgable and friendly. I definetly recommend it to everyone.

The Fabulous Foley

The Foley Inn in Savannah was a perfect get-a-way. The Inn is richly appointed, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is absolutely grand. The view of the square from the balcolny of our room was so very pretty with the Azaleas in bloom. Sight-seeing tips were shared with us at breakfast. In the afternoon a cup of tea and cookies offered a perfect pick-me-up.

Comments