102 West Hall Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

Priceline.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• forsyth park inn

the forsyth park inn, savannah georgia is a beautiful southern style b&b with all the charm of the old south. my husband and i have stayed at the inn twice and i have stayed three other times with friends from the nursing profession. it has become a tradition,for the past 5 years to go to savannah during the first weekend of december. not only is the house already beautiful but the owners and staff decorate the inn for christmas with typical southern style. being from florida, just the slight change in winter temperature gives us a feeling of christmas along with the beautifully decorated forsyth park across the street from the inn. my goal is to stay in each room in the inn since we have stayed in the guest house and 4 of the 11 rooms. the breakfast that is served is great as well as the wine in the evening and deserts at bedtime. so much charm, so much history in this beautiful town. i strongly recommend this inn to anyone who wants authenticity.

Unique Quality: spacous rooms with bath. beautiful views of the park or courtyard. pleasant owners and staff. great help with booking excursions and restaurants.

Directions: across the street from forsyth park in the historic district.

• HillyCaye's Profile Photo

Historic Southern Style & Charm

If you've taken a peek at my Savannah travel guide, you've seen that my travel circumstances were... let's say, less than desirable! Cheating boyfriends aside, the Forsyth Park Inn was impeccable. We stayed in room #4--mint green walls, subtle, enchanting floral decor, comfortable bed and a great little sunroom with a courtyard view. I absolutely loved it. I felt the design was true to the historic southern style that Savannah is so well known for (with the exception of the bathroom, which had mostly modern fixtures). The interior and exterior of the Inn were warm and welcoming. A delicious breakfast buffet in the parlor in the morning and wine and hors in the evening. I was too young to take advantage of the wine, as I was 20 on this trip, but I'm sure it would have been fantastic. On the morning of our departure, we had to rush out and there wasn't any time for breakfast, but they insisted we take some to go. They were kind enough to pack up some grits, bacon and fruit for our journey.

Unique Quality: Beautiful views of historic downtown & just accross the street from Forsyth Park.

• Southern Hospitatality

My mother and I stayed in the cottage, located in the courtyard behind the main house. We had the security of a locked gate and the convinience of a kitchenette. I loved this hotel. The staff was the epitomy of Southern Hospitality, as they talked with us during our gourmet breakfasts, giving us tips on restaraunts and sights to see, as well as background of the area. From the smell of maple syrup croissant pancakes, to the babbling of the the fountain in the courtyard, from the homeade sweets at night to the fresh linens and privacy, this is an ideal spot for young couples, or friends, or anyone who wants to get away.

Directions: Facing Forsythe Park, closer to the residential district and away from the noise of Riverside or the City Market. Prepare to walk to see the sights but the distance is worth the peace the Inn gives.

• Azonie's Profile Photo

Very nice place with Excellent service.

We actually stayed in the Garden house off of the actuall Inn it's self and although it was roomy it wasn't quite private enough for us..You had to leave your room and go down the hall to the bathroom. I believe that they had other rooms with their own baths though.

We spent the afternoons on the Veranda overlooking Forsyth Park and enjoying wine with afternoon appetizers provided by the Inn, very relaxing and the weather in May in Savannah is just Perfect!

Unique Quality: It's in a perfect location as you can walk to most everything.

Directions: Across from Forsyth park