Hamilton Turner Inn Savannah

Official Site Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Hamilton Turner Inn Savannah

Bed & Breakfast Inns

by lilredrider65922

The Riverfront is the place I would take anyone to first if they had never visited Savannah before. There is alot to see there with many choices of resteraunts and shops, not to mention the view of the river. I return to Savannah just about every couple of months or so, even for a few days. I miss the charm, the history, the brick streets and the moss hanging from the trees. My favorite memory is staying at the Hamilton Turner Inn where we parked our Harley motorcycles right in the front. Charlie, the owner, said it added 'charm' to the place! If you can get a reservation there, I highly recommend the Hamilton Turner Inn for at least one night!

Hamilton-Turner House; Haunted hideaway

by Dutchnatasja

The Savannah park side mansion was built in 1873 for wealthy jeweler and city mayor, Samuel Pugh Hamilton. The aristocrat's home was the first in Savannah Georgia to install electricity. It is said that Savannah's citizenry stood in doubtful anticipation betting in the adjoining park that the mansion would explode when electricity was first activated. Now a famed Georgia mansion hotel.

This elegant house is at the southeast corner of Lafayette Square. The house was sold in the late 1990s and has since become the elegant Hamilton-Turner Inn.
The ghosts of former tenants are said to tread the halls here on a nightly basis, and it is not hard to imagine why they would not want to leave.

Some facts:
- The first building in Savannah Georgia with electricity
- One of the first homes with an indoor bath and privy
- Cost of the mansion (completed ca. Christmas 1873) was $100,000
- Cost of original furnishings was estimated at $50,000

Admission: $5.

Hours: 10am-4:30pm daily

Wonderful old Home

Spent 2 nights at the Hamilton-Turner Inn on our second trip to Savannah and I cannot recommend it highly enough! We will definitely stay there on our next trip, and our next, and our next. Fantastic rooms and an excellent staff. Very friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere!

The Only Place We'll Stay in Savannah

The Hamilton-Turner Inn exceeded all of our expectations. The Inn is by far one of the most beautiful properties in the city and the rooms, each individually decorated, were both elegant and comfortable. We stayed in one of the smallest rooms in the inn, which I was very surprised to hear, because I thought our room was just the right size - the bathroom, with a beautiful claw-foot tub, was enormous. The Innkeepers were incredibly friendly and were so helpful with recommendations for restaurants and things-to-do around Savannah. Being in our mid-twenties, my boyfriend and I were slightly hesitant to stay at a bed and breakfast, but I wholeheartedly recommend this inn for guests of all ages. The inn had so many nice touches: a wine and hors d'oeuvres hour, delicious breakfast, guides to Savannah in the rooms and pralines at turn-down. We will certainly be staying at the Hamilton-Turner Inn again.

Wonderful stay!!

My husband and I stayed at the Hamilton-Turner Inn over Valentine's weekend. Our stay was just as wonderful as we had hoped. The room was great, we loved our "room cat". Wine in the afternoon was a delight, and a great way to start our evening in Savannah. Breakfast was yummy, we never went hungry in Savannah. Anyone who travels to Savanna owes this B&B a visit!!

Serendipity!

by TripAdvisor Member advz4free

In planning a recent trip to Savannah, I was relying upon Frommer's for some advice. After striking out with several recommendations, one of the inns recommended the Hamilton-Turner Inn. I called and without access to the internet and photos, booked it sight unseen based on the friendliness of the reservation hostess. It exceeded my expectations! (Word to the wise: don't book on the third floor if you can't navigate more than one flight of stairs.) All in all, I'd return to this B&B, stand alone mansion on one of the prettiest squares in Savannah. Check June's issue of Southern Living if you need another opinon.

Already Booked a Return...

My sister and I recently visited Savannah and stayed at the Hamilton Turner Inn. It has several rooms with two beds which we consider a must if we want to be able to sleep well. The Inn was magnificient! The owners and staff are warm and friendly and we loved Foo Foo, the "inn cat". Breakfasts were out-of-this-world and all the rooms are beautifully decorated. We enjoyed the garden and the sounds of the fountain. The Inn is located within walking distance of many attractions including the cathedral which is a must to visit. There are several delightful pubs and restaurants nearby. Every meal we had was great! It was a wonderful, memorable trip and we've already booked another visit. Savannah is a spectacularly beautiful town and the hospitality is without equal.

Perfect place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member angcgray

My husband and I stayed at the Hamilton-Turner Inn for two nights and couldn't have been more pleased! I did a very thorough search for accommodations for our trip and read great reviews for this inn. I agree completely with all the wonderful comments. The service was awesome, everyone was very helpful. The breakfasts were out of this world (I'm a picky eater). Our room was exactly as described on their website. The Inn itself is truly beautiful and has a perfect location for touring the entire historic district. It's directly on a very pretty square and you get a real sense of what it would be like to live in this historic area. After walking by other bed and breakfasts, hotels, inns in the area, I wouldn't have stayed anywhere else. I hope we can return in the future and I would stay here again without question. It was a perfect place to stay!

Best of Savannah B&B's

My mother and I spent one evening at The Hamilton-Turner Inn on June 19, 2005. Our flight out of D.C. was cancelled so we didn't arrive until almost 1am in the morning. Even as late as it was we were so excited to arrive in Savannah and more excited when we pulled up to this Inn. The exterior is exquisite and classy! The evening innkeeper had left a note, keys and directions to our room on the second floor. We stayed in the Juliette Gordon Low room, which was nicely nicely decorated and adorned with very comfy bedding and a neat old clawfoot bathtub. Two of the best chocolate chip cookies ever were on our pillows as a very late night snack! We awoke to a gourmet breakfast in the open style dining room and a brief history of the Inn and Savannah by the Inn's historian/tour guide. Following breakfast we strolled a couple of the closest squares and did a little shopping prior to checking out of the Inn. We sat for a while with the innkeepers and got advice on dining and shopping.

We stayed at several b&b's during the next couple of days. We both agree that Hamilton-Turner was our favorite as it is luxurious yet casual and welcoming at the same time.

Three Nights in the Garden of Good and Evil

We just returned from a three day stay at this beautiful B&B. The staff was cordial but not overly welcoming (hence the lower than excellent rating) with the exception of Christine, another young woman at the front desk(short brown hair) and the cleaning staff. These individuals were warm, kind, engaging and provided service above and beyond expectations! The Inn's accommodations and ammenities were cozy, well maintained, beautifully decorated and pleasant. The breakfast and afternoon hors d'oeuvres were delicious! The Inn's location on Lafayette Square is convenient for walking throughout the historic district while being away from noise. We would certainly consider staying here again.

Sandbox Down on the RiverSandbox Down on the River

Spanish MossSpanish Moss

Front ParlorFront Parlor

Savannah Art WorksSavannah Art Works

Getting to Tybee Island

by Kate2348

I will be in Savannah for only three days and I really want to get to Tybee Island for a day - but I don't want to rent a car. Is there transportation to Tybee? Taxis, buses, etc and if so how much do they cost? Can I rent a scooter or moped once I am on Tybee to get around? Thanks!

RE: Getting to Tybee Island

by brkilbourne

You can take a tour of Tybee. I definetly would not scooter or moped to the beach. I'd bet ( not you ) $20.00 you would not make it. Savannah drivers are, how to you say, some of the worst drivers in the nation.

BK