Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District

321 West Bay St., (Formerly Garden Hotel Historic Savannah), Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Fabulous Location

We chose the Hilton Garden downtown because we could walk the mile square of the historic districts, throughout the waterfront, the market ...

Love the dial mattress, comfortable large rooms, fluffy towels & bedding & view. Concierge was helpful. In and out valet service was a plus, but we walked and walked.

Unique Quality: Mattresses

More about Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District

disappointing

We had reserved two king suites, non smoking on the same floor. When we arrived,of course, they had overbooked and were only able to accomodate us in whatever they could scrape up. The staff was pleasant and apologetic of the situation. One had the impression that they had experience with this type of problem at the hotel:-( . The traffic noise is very disturbing. I have stayed in airport hotels that are much quieter. This was a disappointing experience for the price of the facility.

Awesome Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member moekel

What a great hotel. The staff was so helpful. We really appreciate the personal attention that we received and all the amenities were top notch. Everything about the Garden Hotel is First Class. We will recommend Garden Hotel to anyone we know traveling to the Savannah area. We have been to Savannah for the last three years and although this was our shortest stay, it was the BEST.

Overbook, use caution if staying here

We reserved a room at this hotel 3 months in advance. When we arrived (around 2:30) we were told our room was not ready and please return around 4pm. We decided to take the trolley (great choice) and returned at 4:30pm. The desk said they only had smoking rooms left. We told the desk we had a room that was non-smoking and they said they had no rooms that were non-smoking. After a few minutes of arguing, the manager stepped up and asked if we would mind going next door to the Doubletree (upgraded room, free breakfast, free parking). We said yes and very glad we did. Doubletree bent over backwards to make our stay great. Don't even both with the Garden Hotel. 2nd rate in my opinion. Doubletree next door is fantastic.

Pretty Nice

by TripAdvisor Member RoswellDad

We stayed here two nights in September for a wedding. The cost was about $119/night, but I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a "group" rate.
This hotel is pretty new and pretty nice. Rooms clean and fresh. Some rooms had a balcony overlooking the river and historic district; we got lucky with that.
The breakfast buffet was excellent but pricey.
Staff was helpful and efficient for the most part.

Excellent staff at the Garden Hotel, Savannah

by TripAdvisor Member cantfindascreenname

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at the Garden Hotel. The staff were most excellent. In particular Lavenitra at the front desk was so good to me. She was able to check us in early and gave excellent suggestions on local favorites. She was always pleasant and helped us feel welcomed. The hotel rooms are beautiful and clean. I can not wait to go back.

What a place to stay!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member pjj1943

I just returned from a four day stay at the Garden Hotel in Savannah, Georgia. I felt welcomed and loved from the time I got there until the time I checked out. I would like to commend the following people for their professionalism and humiity:
Lavenitra - Rhonda
Hector - Rasheed
Leroy - Bobby
Savannah - Sanchessa
They not only made you want to return to Savannah to visit, thet made you want to move threre. Would you please thank them for me.

Peggy J. Jones

The Garden Hotel Historic Savannah located at 321 W. Bay St.

On Thursday, December 8, 2005, our group, "TRAVELS WITH BETTE", arrived at Garden Hotel Historic Savannah for a three night stay. I will admit that I initially was not impressed with the street appearance. But low and behold, once I was inside I remembered the saying, "YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER". I was in awe the very moment I stepped inside. The Setting was Spectacular. I immediately got out my digital camera to take pictures for my scrapbook. And when we got to our room, I was just as impressed. I decided that I was going on the internet to find the headboard on the bed and the rest of the contemporary furniture in the room that I also admired and would love to have. The room was very modern and coordinated. So professioal, very clean and had all the essentials. I love Bath and Body Works and a clean bathroom too.

The staff was very professional. I would like to mention a few in particular: Lavenitra, Leroy, Josh, Hector and the sisters, Sanchessa and Savannah. My hat goes off to them for being so professional, kind, and courtious. With every business, the staff is a reflection of that business and that if what you have.

This was my first visit to Savannah Georgia which I found to be truely beautiful. I do plan to return to Savannah and when I do, I will be staying at the Garden Hotel.

msvlj@sbcglobal.net

Very European

by TripAdvisor Member MKBS

My husband and I discovered a lovely small hotel in Savannah Georgia, the Garden Hotel Historic Savannah. It is a new hotel located near the City Market and the river walk. We were there in November 2005.

Our room was elegant and a balcony overlooked the City Market. We found desk clerks "Gina" and "Lavenitra" very helpful and pleasant. It was just a few steps to an assortment of many cuisines along the river.

It was raining lightly that evening and we strolled along the brick street and walkways. It was so romantic that we felt we were back in Paris.

The breakfast is also highly recommended. We will return to this hotel in the future!

Haven't been there yet... but watch out!

by TripAdvisor Member ecofem

I will add to this review, once I've actually roomed in this hotel (at the end of this week). However, I would like to echo the warnings of several reviewers....

If you book a room at this hotel via their internet site... beware that it isn't immediately transmitted to the hotel's computer. As such, you may find yourself without accomodations (overbooking) when you arrive at the hotel.

I called the hotel last night to confirm my reservation (which I made 6 days ago via the hotel's website). The hotel did not have a record of my reservation, even though I had an internet-generated confirmation number. As a result, I had to re-reserve a room, and have been unable to get the exact accomodations that I had requested at this hotel. Unfortunately, it is New Year's weekend, and I don't have many other options.

Hopefully the hotel itself will be wonderful enough to offset this major annoyance. I'll let you guys know!

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member BGFalcon

Just returned from a 4-day trip in Savannah and stayed at the Garden Inn (will be Hilton Garden Inn in one year).

It is an outstanding hotel with an excellent and very helpful staff! Every person on the staff there were pleasant and helpful. A special mention about Felton (Front Desk Manager) who was outstanding!

Rooms look brand new, and are very comfortable. Beds are extraordinary! Wireless Internet access. Great views of the river and City Market from rooms. Five minute walk to the Riverwalk and City Market for outstanding restaurants. Only drawback are the rooms that front on Bay St. The traffic outside (both cars and people) can be heard at all hours. Could be distracting if you are not a sound sleeper.

Wide variety of options for breakfast. When I go back I will stay there again.

Comments