Holiday Inn Hotel Historic District ( Mulberry Inn )

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

601 East Bay Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel
Expedia.com Orbitz.com AMOMA.com

Costs 133% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Hotel With a Past

Part of this hotel was at one time Savannah's first Coca-Cola bottling plant. In its current state it is a very elegant place to stay. The lobby has some Civil War memorabilia and a very picturesque restaurant area.
    This hotel is a little removed from most of the tourist attractions, as it is on the extreme East edge of the Historical District. It is a 6 block walk to Bull St, which marks the exact middle of the old city.

• Mulberry Was Great

I read all the reviews and wanted a place within waking distance of the historic district. We were so surpised when arriving at the Mulberry! My wife and I are both into history and the Mulberry is a restored old buiding from the 1800s. I was so impressed with all of the staff, from the cleaners to the manager, friendly smiles and there to help. I had to attend a conference at the Westin across the river and what a difference, we wish we could have stayed at the mulberry. The afternoon teas and piano player were great! Across the street is the Pirates resturant, but my favorite was the "17 hundred 90" about 2 blocks away. We walked to all parts of the history city, did ghost tours at night and ate great food on the river. We will definintely go back there! I don't normally write reviews but we had a great expedience at the Mulberry! It was very quiet and perfect!

Unique Quality: Mary, the conciere was great! Great local information, helped us get a cheap rental car for a day. Hope she reads this....Hi Mary!

Directions: Historic Distict on Bay street across the street from the river. on the east or south part of town.

More about Holiday Inn Hotel Historic District ( Mulberry Inn )

Mulberry Inn made a memorable girlfriends trip

by TripAdvisor Member qsbfd

My best friend and I stayed at the Mulberry Inn during August 2004 for a "girlfriends" trip. It is a wonderful hotel in an excellent location. Yes, the rooms were a little dark (hard for applying make-up) but were beautifully furnished with nice bathrooms. The afternoon tea was a treat. We would slide in on one foot at the end, fill a small plate and take it to our room. Great to tide us over until dinner! Fresh fruit 24/7 at the front desk. We were within walking distance of the river and several squares. We had a rental car and parking was provided in a nice, well-lit garage. Never felt unsafe even when we came in late at night. We have no compaints whatsoever. We were treated like the queens we are!!

Mulberry Inn, WOW,what can I say..

by TripAdvisor Member JMChep

I travel a lot for pleasure, and weekend trips, and can say that the Mulberry is up there at the top of my list of favorite hotels. All of my experiences there were exceptional...from beautiful,luxurious accomodations, to the courteous, professional staff. All come together as a truly first class team that do an outstanding job!Highly reccomend this hotel...

Home away from home at the Mulberry

We stayed at the Mulberry the first wk of Jan. The king suite worked out well for my husband and I plus our college age daughter. One bath but with the sink in the alcove plus a wet bar sink/mirror we were fine. Our suite looked out to the river and also into the courtyard. Rooms are clean and very, very quiet. The beds are luxurious with a 4" foam topper. Do not miss the complimentary afternoon tea(coffee, lemonade, ice tea and sweets/tea sand.) from 4-6, a great break in the day..just another way they pamper you here. The live music during tea is terrific and the jazz trio on certain evenings is a must. Breakfast is fine, but the dinner menu is a bit lacking in choices and imagination. Savannah has many fine restaurants though. The staff was attentive, friendly and helpful. I had to send/receive faxes from work and they brought them to the room for me, no chasing them down like in some hotels! Easy walk to the riverfront and downtown shopping. One of Savannah's famous squares is right behind the hotel featuring ca. 1820 era homes...there is one fixer upper left...check it out!

Loved the Mulberry

This was one of the best hotel experiences that I have had. The staff was very attentive and courteous. The rooms were imaculate and very comfortable. I would gladly stay here again.

Perfectly charming

The Mulberry in was more than I expected. Spacious and comfortable with southern charm throughout the decor, and the staff was amazing. The location is great for walking to all of the hot spots, plus you could get a cab, or shuttle to any of the sight seeing tours with ease. Afternoon tea was a huge treat. From 4-6 everyday, tea, coffee, juice, fresh baked cookies and canapes were served in the livingroom. Sitting by a fire being entertained by the pianist and reading a book is the perfect way to relax after walking all day.

The only down side was that the cable TV did not work well. If you are checking in early, let them know ahead of time so that your room can be ready.

I'll be back. For a nice time...stay here.

Hated it

We were never given the services we requested long before check in. We asked for a room with a VCR months in advance, 3 days in advance, and 2 hours before arriving. Upon arrival, no VCR, a smelly room with a tub that would not drain, and a multitude of unfullfilled promises. We will not be guests here again.

Comments