2 West Bay Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Excellent Location, OK Hotel

A perfect location for exploring River St. and the Historic District. The hotel itself is obviously from the 80's. but it has been renovated and the beds are comfortable. It is frequently packed out on weekends and hosts a lot of conventions, seminars, etc.

TIP: the hotel has an elevator you can use to go between Bay St on the top and River St on the bottom, to save some stair-climbing.

• doug48's Profile Photo

the hyatt

the savannah hyatt is a business class hotel located on the waterfront in downtown savannah. most of the attractions of the savannah river walk is a short walk from the hotel. because of it's excellent location to the attractions of the historic district i recommend it.

Directions: savannah waterfront

• nc_rebel's Profile Photo

Our Savannah Home for 7 Days

The Hyatt Regency in Savannah was a nice hotel and is right on River Street which is a major plus. I would recommend the hotel but I have to admit that I will look for something a little cheaper next time though. Seven days here about broke me. Great location, good room, and nice service but it was expensive for my budget.

ROOM: The room was fine but nothing special. We did luck out and got a great view of River Street and the Savannah River. If you stay here then make sure you ask for a room with a view of the outside. The inside rooms have a view of the hotel lobby.

SERVICE: The service was very good. Everyone who worked in the hotel was very nice. The hotel has a good concierge service as well.

HOTEL FOOD: I did not eat lunch or dinner at the hotel. It was even more expensive than many of the restaurants on River Street. We did eat breakfast but used the coupons they gave us for a free breakfast. Make sure you ask for the breakfast coupons when you check in.

LOCATION: Great location to allow you to explore River Street and the rest of the historic district. The hotel has an elevator that takes you right to River Street. We walked from the hotel all the way to Forsyth Park with no problems.

HOTEL PARKING: Valet parking only! Be warned. Parking costs $15 per day. I was there seven days so do the math to see how much I got jacked. There are cheaper public parking decks about a block or two away if you want to do that.

INTERNET ACCESS: They charge $9.99 per day (24 hours) for wireless Internet access. I did take my laptop in order to look for things to do online and to get directions. Paying $9.99 a day for Internet access when you are also paying a lot for the room is hard to swallow.

POOL: The pool was under renovation when we were there.

Unique Quality: Great location right on River Street. You can't beat the location.

Directions: On River Street (between River and West Bay Streets). Right in the historic district.

• Could use an upgrade

I recently stayed here with my wife for a conference and for a few days at the end of September '03. The hotel has a great location, but sadly, the rooms are in need of a major face-lift. Most conference participants we talked with complained of dirty and smelly rooms and that antiseptic odor that comes from too much cleaning fluid used to mask the dirt. The hotel is 22 years old and shows it. For my money, I would take a room at the Marriott Riverfront or the new Westin across the river.

More about Hyatt Regency Savannah

Nice place

Just returned from a short vacation in Savannah at Hyatt. I was apprehensive about this hotel because the negative reviews that I read, however, was pleasantly surprised. From the moment I arrived everyone I meet was very friendly and helpful. The reception people were really nice and offer to upgrade my room to river view free of charge. The room was okay, nothing to brag about, about what might expect from a 3 stars hotel built in the ‘70’s, small, old carpet, old furniture. The bathroom was also small. I spent very little time in the room so I did not care much. One big disappointmet was the Windows Restaurant. I ate only 2 meals there, one breakfast and one lunch. The breakfast, ($15 for the buffet) was IMHO overpriced and not that good. The restaurant service in general contrasted with the rest of the staff who was great. I conclusion this is a nice property with a great view of the river, great location and, except for the restaurant, great staff. I will have no hesitation to stay here again.

Enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member FrankQuakertown

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Savannah for 5 days at the end of May/2004. We enjoyed our stay very much. Patricia at the front desk was very delightful and helpful. The Hotel was located right where all the action was going on. The hotel was clean. The only down fall was they tested the alarm system off and on during the day in order to get ready for the Summit Convention that was going to be held in a couple of weeks from our stay. If we were going back to Savannah, I would not hesitiate to book the Hyatt again.

Great value for the money

by TripAdvisor Member legalease

We were somewhat hesitant about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews, however, we had a wonderful time in Savannah and enjoyed the hotel. We had a view of Bay Street. It was very nice. We (my husband, myself and two small children) had breakfast at the Windows restaurant and it was good. In my opinion the beds were mediocre at best. Again, with having two small children, sleep is not something that we get often anyway. Cannot beat the location! Would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again in the future.

Pros Outweigh the Cons

This hotel was nice! We had a great stay and it was convienient.

The only cons to this hotel is
1) the price.. BUT
my advice DO NOT RENT A CAR !

Save that $ and take a cab from the airport!

PROS:
1) The best location in town, as you are just a couple blocks from of the Historic District, City Market Area, and the River Street Shopping area !

2) You do not have to rent a car - this savings here is worth the room price.

3) An elevator actually goes directly to River St.

4) Good food at the restaurants and free breakfasts are included in package deals- so ask the hotel desk about any package deals
The Hotel Bar had good food also.

5) They have an indoor pool and a workout room

They turn the beds down during evening hours as an added service.

My recommendation is stay there - bottom line
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

Best Location in Savannah

We absolutely loved this hotel's location. We were able to walk to everything. This is the only hotel on River Street in all of Savannah. The marker commerationg the founding of Georgia - the spot where John Oglethorp pitched his tent for his first night in Georgia - is on this hotel's property. The pier for the paddlewheel boats is right beside this hotel. World famous "The Lady and Son's" is only 2 blocks away. The City Market, museums, the Colonial Cemetary are all a short walk from this hotel. We absolutely loved sitting on the open air decks overlooking River Street for late night people watching. This hotel's staff could not have been nicer. Although this is an older hotel (80's ?) it's very clean.

Wait until after the remodel!!

by TripAdvisor Member DMNWA

This hotel is not up to Hyatt standards. At the front desk, they have a lovely picture of how nice the rooms will be AFTER they've done the remodel. When we were there at the beginning of November, they hadn't even started. The hotel is at least 5 years overdue for an extensive remodel. The rooms are old, worn, and tacky. The fitness facility is terrible too. The location is great, but do yourself a favor and wait until after the remodel to stay here. The prices they charge for the current rooms are outrageous considering their shabby condition.

Comments