Hyatt Regency Savannah

TexasDave's Profile Photo

Excellent Location, OK Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 16, 2009

A perfect location for exploring River St. and the Historic District. The hotel itself is obviously from the 80's. but it has been renovated and the beds are comfortable. It is frequently packed out on weekends and hosts a lot of conventions, seminars, etc.

TIP: the hotel has an elevator you can use to go between Bay St on the top and River St on the bottom, to save some stair-climbing.

doug48's Profile Photo

the hyatt

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 15, 2007

the savannah hyatt is a business class hotel located on the waterfront in downtown savannah. most of the attractions of the savannah river walk is a short walk from the hotel. because of it's excellent location to the attractions of the historic district i recommend it.

Directions: savannah waterfront

nc_rebel's Profile Photo

Our Savannah Home for 7 Days

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 26, 2006

The Hyatt Regency in Savannah was a nice hotel and is right on River Street which is a major plus. I would recommend the hotel but I have to admit that I will look for something a little cheaper next time though. Seven days here about broke me. Great location, good room, and nice service but it was expensive for my budget.

ROOM: The room was fine but nothing special. We did luck out and got a great view of River Street and the Savannah River. If you stay here then make sure you ask for a room with a view of the outside. The inside rooms have a view of the hotel lobby.

SERVICE: The service was very good. Everyone who worked in the hotel was very nice. The hotel has a good concierge service as well.

HOTEL FOOD: I did not eat lunch or dinner at the hotel. It was even more expensive than many of the restaurants on River Street. We did eat breakfast but used the coupons they gave us for a free breakfast. Make sure you ask for the breakfast coupons when you check in.

LOCATION: Great location to allow you to explore River Street and the rest of the historic district. The hotel has an elevator that takes you right to River Street. We walked from the hotel all the way to Forsyth Park with no problems.

HOTEL PARKING: Valet parking only! Be warned. Parking costs $15 per day. I was there seven days so do the math to see how much I got jacked. There are cheaper public parking decks about a block or two away if you want to do that.

INTERNET ACCESS: They charge $9.99 per day (24 hours) for wireless Internet access. I did take my laptop in order to look for things to do online and to get directions. Paying $9.99 a day for Internet access when you are also paying a lot for the room is hard to swallow.

POOL: The pool was under renovation when we were there.

Unique Quality: Great location right on River Street. You can't beat the location.

Directions: On River Street (between River and West Bay Streets). Right in the historic district.

Could use an upgrade

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 4, 2003

I recently stayed here with my wife for a conference and for a few days at the end of September '03. The hotel has a great location, but sadly, the rooms are in need of a major face-lift. Most conference participants we talked with complained of dirty and smelly rooms and that antiseptic odor that comes from too much cleaning fluid used to mask the dirt. The hotel is 22 years old and shows it. For my money, I would take a room at the Marriott Riverfront or the new Westin across the river.

Nearby Hyatt Regency Savannah

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Savannah Travel Forum

Need advice about Savannah, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Savannah and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Savannah hotel reviews

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Inn At Ellis Square A Days Hotel
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Holiday Inn Hotel Historic District ( Mulberry Inn )
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews