Luxury Living Savannah - Jones Street Suites

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Savannah

Relax at Harbortown on Hilton Head IsRelax at Harbortown on Hilton Head Is

Tree with massive branchesTree with massive branches

A look down a spanish moss-lined avenueA look down a spanish moss-lined avenue

Beautiful home on a blockBeautiful home on a block

Relocating to Savannah in October

by kdonahue

I am relocating to Savannah in October and am looking for an apartment to rent. Could someone (or many someones!) give me any information on the neighborhoods/suburbs of Savannah that one might want to live in? I realize there are some rough areas (as with any city); I am looking for a 2 bedroom for myself and my boyfriend in a quiet, safe neighboorhood. I realize this forums is for visitors, but I would be extremely grateful for any help!!!

RE: Relocating to Savannah in October

by ChicagoHeidi

Hi! I'm new here, too, so I'm not going to be of any real help, but I feel obligated to respond, because I know how hard that is. Unfortunately, I looked on apartments.com and there are so many complexes that are NOT listed on there. It seems the more expensive/better neighborhoods are on there. I'm going just by sight. As you probably (?) know, it's an Army town, with Hunter base right here, so there are many complexes here. My husband is based here and I just moved down here, and while the complex isn't great, neighborhood is pretty sketchy, we've been doing alright. I'm not going to be the one to help you with neighborhoods, but I found this listing online with all the complexes: http://www.magicyellow.com/category/Apartments/Savannah_GA.html
It's a start, maybe a true local will respond to further your research!

RE: RE: Relocating to Savannah in October

by kdonahue

Thanks for responding!! I've found a couple sites that list independent apartments, but it's a hard search! I'm flying down for a few days next week for an intense apartment hunt. I actually didn't realize that Savannah has a base. Anyway, any other thoughts you come up with would be greatly appreciated!!

RE: Relocating to Savannah in October

by brkilbourne

The River Crossing Apartments is one of the safer apartments or any on Wilmington Island. River Crossing Apartments is being renovated as we speak and overlooks a great marsh/river scene.
BK

Travel Tips for Savannah

Savannah's historic district

by tpangelinan

Either take a bike, trolley, car or carraige ride, but you must go to the Historic District of Savannah. It's a wonderful place full of great photo shots at every turn, so bring your camera and lots of batteries. Great shops all along here, any thing you could want. Cheap to park, about 50 cent to $1.00 per hour and right on the water.

Moss... sometimes harmfull

by Pawtuxet

The moss dripping from all the trees is certainly charming and intrigueing. However, it looks as if it could choke some of the smaller trees if it became too thick on the branches. I'm not knowledgeable in this area, but when I saw this small struggling tree, I felt like getting a ladder and taking the moss off so it could breathe better!

The wathing Girl

by GUYON

Florence Martus was living in the lighthouse on Elba Island which was at the Savannah Harbor entrance.

During 44 years, she greeted the arriving boats and said hello to the ones which were living the harbor with a white handkerchief. By night, she was also here with a lantern. She did not miss any ship. When she had been interviewed, she said : "I was never too sick to get up when one was coming and I could always hear them coming."

So she was known by all the sailors who called her the Waving Girl.

She received letters from all the word but she never married.

She died in 1943 and a ship received her name in her honor.

The statue features her with her collie waving a ship. The monument is on East part of River Street.

10 miles from Tybee Island,...

by JaimeMO

10 miles from Tybee Island, Savannah is a happening town. From fine dining to hip discotechs, this city has it all. Saint Patricks Day is a huge event for the downtown area. People flock from afar to join the packed streets of Marti Gras like beer bashers.
You'll find a diverse crowd of young and old, all styles and subcultures meshing together to enjoy this distinctive and unique antique city. From Fith Ave. to jeans and T-shirts, everyone will find a comfortable spot to fit in

Super pizza and a fun place!

by Azonie

Casual, Fun / Loud

This place is ALWAYS hopping! You can eat in or dine outside on their patio on the square..Fantastic pizza..A great find in the Heart of Savannahs Market district. The pizza!

Comments