Mansion on Forsyth Park Savannah

Booking.com Autograph Hotels Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Mansion on Forsyth Park Savannah

amazing

If your looking for over-the-top glam, this is the place. Though newly opened, this grand hotel had it all together. I checked accomodations at several other hotels in the area, and for the money, this one exceeded my expectations.
The location is somewhat removed from the waterfront, but I find that area touristy anyhow and was more interested in walking the historic squares. Many fine restaurants within walking distance.
We stayed two nights, traveled to S.C. for a few nights, then returned to the Mansion for another night and look forward to being able to stay there again. It's located on a beautiful park with a large fountain and European style sidewalks intersecting each other and a very large open area for playing. In fact, the whole experience of the Mansion felt continental. Doormen, exquisite art and the feel of old-world charm. The rooms are so romantic, orchids and fine linens. Beautifully appointed.
Do go to charming Savannah and experience the Old South and do stay at a place that will leave you wanting to return...The Mansion on Forsyth Park. Kudos to the owners and staff. Can't wait to return.

Southern Hospitality At Its Best

by TripAdvisor Member JOHNSMITH

Recently, I spent a weekend in the luxury of one of the south's hidden treasures. I was on business in Savannah, and had reservations for the Hyatt. When I came to claim the room, my reservation had apparently been lost on a booked weekend. Upon advice from a local, I went south to the Mansion, and I am thankful to have done so. I was immediately greeted by bellmen who were courteous and sincere. The room I was brought to, was said to be the base-line, but it was phenominal and far better than I would have received at the Hyatt. I actually spent less and got to stay in a better hotel.
After unpacking and setting in, I began to take a walk around the property and enjoyed both of the lounges; one of which had a jazz band playing live. Afterward, I enjoyed the light sounds of water cascading into the pool in thier magnificent Marble Garden.
The beauty of the hotel is only surpassed by the professionalism and personalities of its employees. Even the security guards were pleased to give me complete and informative tours of the historic home and hotel. The room service as well as housekeeping were fast, efficient, and most importantly friendly.
This was the best mistake that has happened to me in years. I hope that all those seeking a quality stay in Savannah, Ga have the fortune that I did this last month. What I thought would be disaster, became my highlight of the summer.

Loved it!!!

by TripAdvisor Member vacagirl42

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Mansion in Savanah and I may have been spoiled for any other hotel after this. I will tell everyone I know about this place, I have no complaints-only praise. The service, the staff and the BEDS! The LOOK of the place is so cool, for the first hour I was there I kept saying "oh my God" over and over. You need to check this place out, if only to have a drink in the lounge. I'll stay here again

Grotesque

by TripAdvisor Member davthox

The Mansion on Forsyth Park is a monument to Bad Taste. Being a Savnnahian, I was excited when I first heard about the hotel. We were all excited. But, now seeing it for myself, and staying there myself, all I can say is that it is, without question the most apalling, tacky, revolting place that I have ever seen. The inside is beyond discription. It is about as UN-Savannah as one could possible get. It looks like it was deccorated by Ringling Brothers - with clown colors, or like someting you would see on the strip in Las Vegas (I almost wanted to ask where they put the slot machines and what time Wayne Newton was performing...LOL). Its obvious that they spent lots and lots and lots of money on it. But it has been done in such bad taste, that well, if you have seem the new movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory......well, that's it. It's Willy Wonka's. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauty and the Beast

I found my brief stay here to be enjoyable. While it's a bit retro for my taste, the service of the staff, and the presentaion make it work nicelly. In fact, the only factor that's keeping me from staying there again was how such an increadible staff could be treated. I guess the lady is the manager of the hotely; my regards to the staff for enduring her. I had the misfortune of watching her put three different employees into tears. As a business owner, I certainly understand the need to correct problems, but to slam somebody in my presence lets me know that the profesionalism of this hotel is in question. Actions of managers will always be reflected in the faces of those they employ. It was heart breaking to go into the lobby and see the people that had been so helpfull being reduced to tears. Maybe she should have shown more pride in the care they showed to my group. The rest of the stay was wonderful, but those brief moments stick out and leave a bad taste in the mouth. I might try it again, but hope that thier counseling techniques will no longer include the hallway.

Nice but not perfect

by TripAdvisor Member familytraveler54

Nice hotel located across from park. Be careful locals warn of not walking in park at night and if you go a few blocks away from town it only gets worse. We stayed in a lovely room that was very comfortable with little privacy. We also stayed on the Butler floor. This butler service was completely useless. We paid extra for the room stayed five nights and never saw or herd from a butler one time. Total rip off. The massive displays of art are enjoyable. The food and drink at the restaurant overlooking the park was a highlight many evenings.

Mansion was great!

While making our reservation I mentioned we were coming for my daughters 12th birthday. When we arrived, the front desk told her Happy Birthday and Tim one of our 2nd floor butlers gave us a tour. We had dinner that evening at 700 Drayton and they gave her a birthday dessert on the house. We didn't mention it, they were given the heads up from the front desk. The next day, a different butler left her a card and a small cake. We had dinner at The Old Pink House that evening and Tim (butler) apparently called ahead and mentioned her birthday, because they brought her a special dessert. When we returned to the room, she had another card and a little plant. I wanted to give detail to let you know how everyone went out of their way to make my daughters birthday special. Take advantage of the complimentary beverage delivered to your door each morning by your butler. We used fresh coffee as our wake-up call each morning! They will give you a list of the butler services, so again take advantage of this or you may feel like you are being slighted (re: review prior to mine). It is a wonderful place that we will return to again.

Amazing trendy hotel

My husband and I stayed at the Mansion and absolutely loved it! The staff was very friendly and exceptionally helpful. The hotel manager even drove us to River Street at night without charge.

The hotel decorations were very trendy. Loved the pictures/paintings throughout the halls. Plush guest rooms with very spacious bathrooms. Very trendy hotel bar. Overall exceptional hotel of the caliber we would have expected in New York.

We would definitely recommend the hotel highly. Our only complaint was the restaurant staff. They were not very attentive.

Fantastic Boutique Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member bp08

My husband and I stayed at the Mansion on Forsyth Park August 26 - August 28. I love high-end boutique hotels and was excited to try out the Mansion when I learned about it. The hotel did not disappoint! It was a fabulous place to stay. The furnishings, artwork, employees, and amenities are all first rate and among the best of hotels I've enjoyed. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. I would definitely recommend that you try out this hotel if you are ever in the Savannah area. We also enjoyed a delicious dinner at 700 Drayton (the hotel restaurant), so I recommend you try the restaurant as well. One hint......as the Mansion is nestled in a residential area, you may be able to find off-street parking as we did and save the daily $15 valet charge.

Diappointed Traveler

by TripAdvisor Member Bindy_Sue

I booked the Mansion through an online service and was guaranteed a welcome package valued at $75. Unfortuantely, the staff and general manager didn't know anything about it. After a discussion with the general manager, he said he would send a bottle of Champaign to our room; it never arrived. As for the stay, our room was dark and dreary with only one small window and dark wood furnishings; rather gauche. Not tastefully decorated. The bathroom shower took about 15 minutes (this is not an exagguration) to get hot water and it leaked all over the beautiful marble floor each time we showered. The restaurant breakfast was cold and tasteless. For the price of the room, my husband and I were very disappointed.

Forsyth Park, SavannahForsyth Park, Savannah