100 General McIntosh Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

Priceline.com Booking.com Travelocity

• kidkilowatt's Profile Photo

Luxury

I could not be happier with our stay at the Savannah Marriott. I do not usually stay in such luxurious hotels, as I am a budget traveller, but this stay was a gift so I took it and ate it all up. Our room was clean and supremely comfortable- I would say that the bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Savannah Marriott was all around a good experience and I would stay there again if I could afford it. My only complaint would be the gym was sub-par, but heck, I don't usually stay in places that even have gyms- but if that is priority for you, this gym was not so great. The hotel is kind of at the end of the riverfront, so be prepared to walk if you want to explore the old town- but it is never too far a walk, and everything is easy to find after the first day.

Unique Quality: The hotel is on the river and provides some stunning views.

• Sassy417's Profile Photo

On the Riverfront......

Met some old friends in Savannah for a long weekend of fun.
    Beautiful facility, wonderful location, I would highly recommend anyone to stay here*

Unique Quality: Historical downtown on the riverfront, convenient to city market and convention center

Directions: from Savannah airport, take i-95 south to i-26 east to Sav. Exit Montgomery st, 4 blcks to Bay St. turn right, hotel is on left 3/4 mi. Can't miss*

More about Marriott Savannah Riverfront

Like sleeping in the bar

The staff were courteous, very helpful and friendly. However, the design of the building is not conducive to sleep. The noise from the bar and the pool travels up to the top of the Atria. We listened from the seventh floor to conversations in the bar on the first floor. The walls between rooms are not any better. Someone next door had a stomach virus and we were aware of every wave of nausea for two nights.

Cleanliness was also a problem. The bathroom had mildew (this is the third Merriott that we've stayed in lately with this problem). The tile was broken and had been poorly patched. The window cornice was full of dust and the ottoman was torn. The Womens bathroom on the first floor was not in the best of condition and the elevator floors needed a good scrubbing with attention to corners and baseboards. Nothing sparkled!

Management needs to revamp the maintenance and housekeeping evaluations. Sealing off the bar and pool with soundproof materials or moving them altogether from the atria should also be considered. Merriott is slipping.

great stay

by TripAdvisor Member steady

We just stayed at the Mariott Riverfront. It was great. Hotel was quiet, beds comfortable and the room service was fabulous. I was very happy with my choice since I researched quite a bit. Lots of other Savannah historic hotels have great locations but are no where near as quiet as the Mariott. Parking charge of $10 a day was an unfair charge in my opinion.

Not up to par

My husband and I travel a lot and we just returned from Savannah yesterday. I honestly have to say I was very dissapointed in this Mariott. I couldn't get over the fact they obviously did not keep the place vaccumed in the public areas and it really wasn't busy enough for that to be used as an excuse. I noted the same debris on the carpet the entire 4 days we were there and the elevators were just plain dirty and were never cleaned the entire time we stayed there. We had access to the concierge area on the 8th floor and I swear our shoes stuck to the floors they were so sticky and in need of mopping....every day we were there. Sufice it to say, we will not return to this property and will not recommend it to our friends. If this is "clean" to the management, I would highly suggest they visit other properties to widen their perspective of what a nice hotel looks like....name alone won't win over the tourist market they need.

Great location and friendly service

by TripAdvisor Member RovingRangers

My wife and I spent two nights at this hotel while on business. The location provided easy access to the islands east of town. It's definitely downtown, yet removed just enough for a quiet stay. Our room did show some wear, but the view of River Street, the ship traffic and the Talmadge Bridge more than made up for it. The king bed was very comfortable and came with half a dozen pillows. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a plaza directly on the river and connecting with River Street (shops and restaurants) after a short walk. We really enjoyed sitting on the plaza at night watching the ship traffic and listening to frogs in the nearby marsh. For just over $100 a night, we thought the Marriott Riverfront was an excellent choice. We would like to return with more leisure time to enjoy this full service hotel.

Great View

by TripAdvisor Member Norie

The view was great but as we were driving in, there was the smell of the river. The lobby was luxuriously appointed, there was a grand piano with someone playing on it. Very lovely. The pool water was dirty and so was the elevator we used. The room (thank goodness) was clean. Staff were friendly and courteous.

loved the king size bed & pillows!!!

by TripAdvisor Member myan23

we stayed here for new year's 2002/2003 with our friends and we were all in love with the comfy beds and pillows!! the place was great and clean! quiet and the restaurant was good! the short distance to historic savannah was perfect too! we all had a blast!

Needs a complete remodel

by TripAdvisor Member merlin4565

First, this hotel has a decent location at the "end" of the river and walking distance to many attractions. The main problem is they built it probably in 1975 and never did anything! Almost every inch needs to be completely remodeled, much of it is old, dingy, and inadeqate.

Ironically, the best part of the hotel is outside on the waterfront. This area was remodeled for the 1996 olympics. The problem is they didn't do the inside!

Come on Mariott, spend some money on this property and keep it at least up to par.

Comments