508 East Factors Walk, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

More about Olde Harbour Inn

Honeymoon

We spent the first night of our honeymoon at the Old Harbour Inn. We thought the service was great. We love visiting River Street, so it was the perfect location. We would definitely go back for another visit.

Wonderful beyond belief

by TripAdvisor Member littlemissmuffitt

Just spent 5 days in Savannah with my sister. Our stay at the Olde Harbour Inn was soooooo great. The staff were all very helpful and accomodating. Our suite was beyond anything we had expected. Our entire Savannah experience was perfect. I have never met such friendly, helpful and genuinely nice people. If you stay at the Olde Harbour Inn, your entire trip will be a success.

Great B&B!

by TripAdvisor Member Snoozhe

This was such a cool place--it was situated right on the river and the night life was very close. The room is a huge suite and very comfortable. It's a very old building from the 1800's and has tons of character. It's within walking distance of the whole historic district. The Klondike ice cream at night was a special treat!

The Hotel of Broken Promises

I actually ended up never staying at the hotel and my advice would be never to trust any deals made with it on the phone. Here is our story:

A visiting friend and I found the hotel on the website and saw they had a girlfriends getaway special with a discounted price and extra treats included. We called the hotel and was told on the phone that we could have the special. We then got in the car and drove the long way to Savannah from Atlanta.

On arrival, we were told that
a) the deal was a mistake
b) we would have to pay full price for the rooms, no treats and no discount even if the mistake was theirs
c) we asked to see the room, just in case, and it turned out to be a one-bed suite, not the two bed suite, we had explicitly asked for.

We simply left the hotel and went somewhere else.

I have never encountered a less service-minded attitude than the one of the manager of this hotel and I would definitely go for another hotel, like the East Bay inn that kindly took us in and offered us a good deal without any problems.

Unethical Olde Harbor Inn, a real disappointment!

I recently made a one night reservation at the Olde Harbor Inn in Savannah. The reservation was made directly with the Inn. The reservation was for myself, my wife and my 17 year old daughter. I make note of the fact that my daughter is 17, because that fact was discussed at length while the reservation was being made.
We arrived at approximately 4p.m. after having driven 5 hours. We were very tired and wanted to settle in early. The young man behind the desk was very calm and polite to us, however there was a problem. The reservation was booked for 2 adults and 1 child. We explained that this discussion was held when we booked, and the woman who booked us said not to worry, it was one room with a bed and a pullout couch. The young man called the manager to handle the issue. The manager was professional, but very arrogant. He ultimately agreed to split the difference in the upcharge for 3 adults. I explained that it was not the money, it was the principle, and that I would not pay more than our confirmation was quoted at. Apparently, he was a man of principle too, although not a very good businessman. For a mere $10.00, he allowed us to leave, and I'm sure left the room empty for the night. We drove an additional 4.5 hours to get home that night. He lost a customer not only for the night, but forever. If I ever decide to try again to visit Savannah, it will not be at the Olde Harbor Inn. Additionally, this letter will find its way to the Savannah Chamber of Commerce.

We Really Enjoyed Our Stay!!

We really enjoyed our stay at Olde Harbour Inn!!!! It was very convenient to River Street, and with the trolley stop just across River Street in the back, we were able to get to the historic district and City Market just as easily!

Meeting other guests at the wine & cheese party at 5:30, was a lot of fun! We even went out for the evening with another couple and enjoyed a night at Kevin Barry's. Breakfast was even better than expected, especially the biscuits!!!

Upon arrival, Steven was quite the gentleman when showing us the Inn, and carrying our luggage to our room. The room was fantastic! Very large, and very clean!

Also, we got a kick out of Steven delivering the ice cream bars in the evenings ... very nice touch!

I would recommend it to anyone, especially if they want to stay on River Street in the heart of everything!

Best place in town

I recently had my mother, sister and 2 1/2 year old neice visit me in Savannah. I chose to get them a room at the Olde Harbour Inn because they offered suite like rooms suitable for small children who need to nap. Little did I realize this was only one of the many amentities at this hospitable inn. The staff was perfectly attentive, the rooms spacious and relaxing, full breakfast in the morning, wine and cheese in the afternoon and ice cream before bed! What more can a family want?! The room had a view of the Savannah River and was situated on the quieter end of River Street. I strongly recommend this Inn to anyone or family seeking to experience true southern hospitality.

Very nice inn, in great location

by TripAdvisor Member TheVirginian

My elderly mother and I recently spent 3 nights at the Olde Harbor Inn, and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. All of the staff were extremely pleasant, responsive and helpful, particularly the front desk staff, the bell hops who delivered wine and cheese and ice cream each night, and the guy who made breakfast for us each morning. The food was very good - no eggs, but bacon, sausage, biscuits, yogurt, fruit, cereal, etc.

When we checked in, we saw signs about bathrobes being furnished, but didn't see any in the closet, so called and the front desk had some sent over right away. (Later we realized that the robes were in another closet, which we didn't notice initially since the suite was rather spacious.) The front desk staff was very helpful in making reservations, giving directions to attractions, etc.

We had a wonderful 2-bedroom suite on the 4th floor. Our corner suite overlooked the Waving Girl statue in the park next door. Furnishings were very nice (not antiques, though)and everything was clean and neat.

The only complaint I'd have is that they need to mention on the website that the second bedroom is a loft, since some people have trouble with stairs. Speaking of stairs, you do have to traverse a metal outside staircase to get to the lobby for breakfast, but you can unload your car from the 4th floor. Also, being an old building, the floor of the bathroom was a bit slanted and it's quite small.

The kitchen had a full-size refrigerator and microwave, but no stovetop.

The location is excellent if you want to spend time near the river, with many choices in restaurants, shops, etc. Another guest on a lower level mentioned it being a bit noisy outside their window, but we weren't bothered at all. The Olde Pink House restaurant and Chart House are in easy walking distance, but most of the squares are several blocks away. You could walk it or take the Olde Town Trolley to get around, as we did. (The trolley stop is about a block away.)

We booked through their website, which was cheaper than calling directly.

Great place to stay!

For the price, there is simply no better location in Savannah. You get a suite with breakfast and wine & cheese in the evening, and can walk to all of the best restaurants & shops. We've been to Savannah 4 times now, have stayed here twice, and will stay here again. There's no need to look elsewhere.

Comments