301 East Bay Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District

Only OK

by TripAdvisor Member nemomiah

Stayed for a Friday night in March. OK place, but nothing really special. Had a room in the back with a view of a parking lot and alley. A lot of noise next door with the spring break crowd. Breakfast wasn't all the great. On the positive side, the staff was nice and the place was clean and well cared for. Easy walking access to everything you want to see and do.

Where was the suite??

by TripAdvisor Member onamomentsnotice

We stayed a couple nights in March. I was a bit upset to find out that "suite" meant one room with a little kitchen in the corner...two straight-backed chairs and little else. Where was the comfy chair, the sofa, the little bit of privacy true suites afford? I called down to the desk, and we were offered a slightly larger room which faced on the front street...pretty noisy. They told us the were a few true "suites" (for a significantly higher price), but that they were all taken.

Breakfast was fine and there is a mid-week happy hour with wine and beer and a hearty soup or snack...nice. The staff was very, very nice and accomodating, but we won't stay here again.

Good location, clean..but small.

by TripAdvisor Member ppandr

Stayed here 3/22-25 and were pleased with our experience. About us 30's couple who spend our long weekends sans our children in places like New Orleans, Key West, Vegas, etc. We actively persue locations noted for their nightlife. Just a few comments...
1. Have read many complaints about noise and truck traffic. This really did not seem to be an issue. Yes, Bay does have commercial traffic, but so do most of the other "chain" hotels on Bay. Whatever the inconvience might be, the location is key.
2. Be sure to ask for a outside facing room, not a room facing the dark interior (inside) court, unless you do not like natural light.
3. Would most likely try another Savannah hotel if we come back again, there are many to choose from, but I would recommend staying with a few blocks of Bull St. and Bay, the center of it all. We are not dissatisfied with the Staybridge and say that it is a safe bet, the grass is always greener.....

Very disappointed!

by TripAdvisor Member FL_travelerLsbgFL

We stayed for 3 nights, arriving Sat. 03-24 and departing Tues. 03-27, and disappointment started at check-in. I had reserved the room a month in advance but of course they did not have one matching my confirmation on arrival! Had to move the next morning to another room of the type I had reserved. I had been told to check with them in the morning about the availability of a correct room. Did as instructed, saw many checking out. Was then told to check back later, as nothing was yet available. I did receive a call from the front desk about an hour and a half later that the room was ready. Waited 10 minutes before going down only to be told housekeeping was not yet finished. Waited another half hour in the lobby/greatroom before being advised room was now available. I was told the hotel staff would move my luggage, but 4 hours later (thank goodness we went exploring the city during this time instead of just waiting in the room) nothing had been moved to the new room. Had to make another trip down to the front desk to inquire as to when my luggage would be moved. Finally was!

Rooms are tiny!!! Small does not encompass the minuteness of these rooms. We were tripping over each other unless on the beds! I have to agree with another post, where is the suite in this???? I paid good money for nothing as far as I am concerned. $12.00 a day to park in the garage, tiny room with an exorbitant charge once you see what you get for it (view of parking garage and back alley with all sorts of noise from staff and others driving through), breakfast nothing more than okay because food service personnel rude when questioned by anyone about anything such as plates not being available, eating utensils not available, food needing to be replenshished, juice machine not functioning, etc, etc, etc. Tipped the man retrieving my car on check out but then he did not help with taking luggage out to the car (those luggage carts are not all easy to steer).

Of course on weekends the night time reception/cocktail hour is unavailable. Cleaning services limited especially on weekends . Hmmm, they charge more for the weekend and supply less services. Also for anyone who does chose to stay here be advised this facility places an extra amount against your credit card (mine was $91) as a pending charge which then limits your available credit elsewhere. When I contacted the hotel to inquire why the amount charged against my card was more than my bill, they said this is standard, just a "pending" charge, and that within 72 hours they would adjust to actual charge!! Imagine the amount of money tied up by the IC Hotel group if all rooms world wide are charged just $91.00 as a pending charge and they take 3 days to adjust this.... millions of dollars a day.

Will I stay here again or recommend it????? NO WAY ON THIS EARTH OR ANY OTHER HEAVENLY BODY WOULD I STAY OR RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE STAYING HERE!!!!!!! I chose this hotel on good faith of other Trip Advisor reviews, at which time it was ranked #1, but I will definitely think twice next time I read reviews.

Savannah is a beautiful, fun-filled, historic city with much to offer, just stay somewhere else.

Can't Say Enough Great Things

by TripAdvisor Member Smallie81

I stayed at Staybridge two nights ago with my aunt and baby and cannot say enough great things about it. The hotel is in a great location for walking to restaurants and sites. When I arrived in the evening, they were having a free "happy hour" with wine, sodas and hot snacks. Check in was great, staff was very friendly. The hotel lobby was decorated very cozy. There is a "market" in the lobby with frozen pizza, ice cream, soda, snacks, toiletries, laundry soap, everything you may need. The room was just wonderful- extremely comfy beds, plantation shutters, granite kitchen area with fridge, dishwasher, pots/pans and STEAMER, 2 burners, microwave, sink with soap and sponges, coffee and popcorn. The kitchen area had anything you could need and more. The bathroom area was very clean and great for two people, with the sink and mirror separate from the tub and toilet. We took a ghost tour with Oglethorpe trolley at 9 pm. They even came to the hotel to pick us up. As I was sitting in the lobby waiting for the trolley, thinking that a hot drink to go would be nice, I noticed some other guests helping themselves to the free coffee bar in the lobby. This hotel had everything very well thought out and traveler friendly! The only complaint I have is that there was no bellhop. However, there were carts to bring my luggage in myself. There is a $12 per day parking fee, and valet only. The cars are parked about a block over in a garage.

Unbeatable location, great service

by TripAdvisor Member gamidtown

The location of this hotel just a few steps from River Street was incredibly convenient. The lady who served as their concierage was very nice and accommodating.

We arrived there well before normal check-in - they were able to accommodate us and get our room ready.

Buffet breakfast was nice. We thought it was pretty good - your choice of freshly-made waffles, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage - everything you really need for a good breakfast.

We had a room along the outside. It can be noisy since the location is just off Bay Street - you may be better going with one of the rooms looking to the "inside courtyard" if you want quiet.

High marks for this hotel due to location and friendly service

We had a great stay

by TripAdvisor Member TZK

This hotel is located in a great location. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.

When we arrived on a Saturday afternoon, we were lucky to get street parking in front of the hotel. We didn’t move the car during our entire stay in Savannah. Parking fees are only in effect Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. so we didn’t have to pay until Monday morning. We were in a 10 hour zone and we paid only $2.75 to park all day Monday.

Our room was very clean. I thought the bed was very comfortable. The vanity/sink area was separate from the bathroom. The showerhead had good pressure. We didn’t use the kitchen but it was well equipped with dishes, utensils, pots and pans, etc. Our room looked out on a parking lot but it didn’t matter because we didn’t spend much time in our room during the day. We had no problems with noise from other rooms or from the street.

We had the complimentary breakfast twice and thought it was very good. We had scrambled eggs both days. The other hot offerings changed. One day there was ham & potatoes, the next day bacon & biscuits. They had a make-your-own waffle machine and a big pot of oatmeal. There was fruit, sweet rolls & bagels & a couple of choices of dry cereal. The coffee was Wolfgang Puck’s – you get a choice of medium or dark roast in addition to decaf – and there was a variety of teas.

Some of the rooms are located around a long, narrow atrium with a “glass” roof which lets the sun (& warmth) in. The elevator is located in this area & we were uncomfortably warm a couple of times while waiting for it.

The lobby is large, attractive and comfortable with a stone fireplace in the middle. There was plenty of seating for breakfast. There is a large, flat screen TV at one end of the lobby where people seemed to gather to watch sports.

Just off the lobby, there are 3 complimentary computers and a printer. We used the computers to check local restaurant menus and print our boarding passes the day before we left.

Excellent value, great location

by TripAdvisor Member mfs524

I was a bit hesitant based on other reviews, but we had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Check-in was efficient and very friendly. The lobby area was attractively furnished and quite welcoming with lit fireplaces. There is a well-stocked "market" with a variety of foods and beverages available.
Our room bordered Bay Street, but it was not loud at all. The suite's kitchen is well-equiped, and even has Wolfgang Puck coffee - much better than the average room coffee. Most importantly, the room was extremely clean.
The complimentary breakfast was much more extensive than any I have seen. Plenty of choices for dieters and splurgers alike, ranging from waffles, French toast, scrambled eggs and ham to cereals, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs and yogurt.
For those who don't care to pay the $12 valet parking, there is a public parking garage about a block away. All service personnel were friendly and professional. Although I have stayed in larger suites, I felt that Staybridge was an excellent value.

Nice hotel, great location!

by TripAdvisor Member Bondgirl67

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights, March 23-28, 2007 and we both liked the hotel very much. Clean, great location, great free breakfast, friendly staff. Not sure what a few others meant by not much food at breakfast. They had everything. Eggs, bacon, grits, cereal, donuts, waffles, danishes and much more. Not sure what others paid but we only paid $129.00 a night and certainly wasn't expecting a 2 room suite for that rate. Suite does not always mean 2 rooms or large. It can mean kitchen facilities etc for long term stays. We got full housekeeping service everyday, even on the weekend without asking. Walls are a bit thin, but not bad. I would definately stay here again and recommend it to others.

Comments