387 Canebrake Rd, Savannah, Georgia, 31419, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 42% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Savannah

Hard Copy - by Paul Bland - A Savannah NativeHard Copy - by Paul Bland - A Savannah Native

Stormy OceanStormy Ocean

a pretty Savannah style homea pretty Savannah style home

The cathedral at nightThe cathedral at night

reservations at Lady and Sons

by DaveD1959

We are going to be in Savannah this summer and I would love to be able to take my wife to Paula Deen's restaurant. From what I have read, it is very difficult to get a reservation. I would appreciate any tips in this regard. Are some days easier than others?
Thanks,
Dave

Re: reservations at Lady and Sons

by moirholj

Dave, If it is just you and your wife, you pretty much have to make reservations in person with the hostess who has a stand on the street outside the restaurant. For dinner, they start taking same day reservations around 3pm.
If it is a Fri, Sat, or Sunday you will usually have a longer wait, and people line up earlier to make reservations. If you can go on a week day, that might help a bit, but it is not necessary. When I went, we made reservations at 4pm for an 8:30 dinner. Then we took one of those trolley tours of Savannah, and walked around to all the shops and such. That was a good way to kill time between making reservations and sitting down to dinner. I recommend the fried green tomato appetizer!

Travel Tips for Savannah

Tour Savannah's historic...

by Arubasun.

Tour Savannah's historic District.

A tour in Savannah's historic District is a must! Remember it will not take you a day to see Savannah by feet due to the sweltering heat. However a tour by carriage will carry you to the many squares and intresting sites in downtown Savannah. The tour guide also gives you good information in regard to the background and personalities relating to the many 18th century homes, churches and businesses.

If you like to explore Savannah on wheels than you would have to go to the Hyatt Regency Hotel or Savannah's Visitors Center in which you have options to choose either a tour by a horse drawn carriage, a mini bus, or an open air cable car like vehicle.
What I miss the most about Savannah when I am away are walking through those beautiful squares in Savannah's historic district. Admiring those beautiful elegant 19th century homes surrounding the square. I was a little dissapointed that I have only spent 2 days in this city, it really exceeded my expectations and it is worth a week to explore all of Savannah and the surrounding areas.

Savannah Bridge crosses over...

by Arubasun.

Savannah Bridge crosses over the Savannah River and heads North to the state of South Carolina. The bridge is probably the most dominant structure in the skyline of Savannah. The recently built bridge is now considered a landmark of Savannah as this structure often appears in company logos and restaurant menus.
The bridge is 185 feet or 56 meters tall.
Beyond the bridge Savannah's chemical industries and port can be seen.

Tybee Island

by Tom_Fields

Just down the river from old Savannah, on the coast, is Tybee Island. Not REALLY an island, but an escape from the city. Fine beaches, an imposing lighthouse, and interesting museum await you on Tybee Island.

More Info:

Tybee Island Online
P.O. Box 2833
Tybee Island, GA 31328

Garage Party

by KaiM about A parking garage

Well, in my intro to this Savannah page I wrote that after St. Paddy┬┤s party I headed directly to Atlanta. Actually it took quite some time to get on the road. Because when the big Irish party was over we headed to a parking garage for our car. The problem: thousands of other people did exactly the same thing at the same time. The whole downtown area was blocked by leaving cars and people. We were standing in the parking garage not able to move forward or backward with our car for two hours!!!!
Well, but instead of being annoyed, people just started a big party in the parking garage. Someone turned up the volume of his car hifi system, others bought some beer and everybody started dancing. THE START OF THE LEGENDARY 'SAVANNAH PARKING GARAGE PARTY'. It was interrupted by the cops later, but we had a lot of fun and one of the most spontaneous parties ever.

really good pizza and wings on Wilmington

by elsabell about Reel Pizza

We were staying out on Tybee last week and we had an excellent time. We ate tons of places but the one place that really surprised me was called Reel Pizza. It's on the way out to Tybee and I think it's pretty new since they didn't have any fountain drinks yet. Anyways, the pizza was excellent...it actually reminded me of the pizza I used to have in Connecticut...haven't had any like that in a while! The restaurant looks nice...red and white checked tablecloths, black and white floors, with bright yellow walls. The thing that was the best though was the pizza. It was crispy but not too thin and the wings were awesome. We were told to check out some other places for pizza that were supposed to be great but we went there instead. So glad we did! We had the Independent specialty pizza that was pesto and spinach and lots of other vegetables. All of the pizzas looked great but we couldn't eat that much!

Comments