The Green Palm Inn

548 East President Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

More about The Green Palm Inn

If you don't stay at the Green Palm Inn you'll be green with envy

This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and it far exceeded our expectations. Our hostess, Diane, went out of her way to make sure we enjoyed our stay in Savannah; all her recommendations for places to eat and things to see were excellent. The homemade breakfasts were wonderful and the wine/cheese/cookies put out in the evening were a nice touch. This is a small/ homey inn (4 rooms), very clean, nicely decorated, and within walking distance to anywhere in historic Savannah. We never got in our car from the time we came to the time we left. Will definitely stay here next time we travel to Savannah.

This was a very lovely inn

This is a very lovely inn within walking distance to the river and the historic district....a car isn't necessary here. Diane, the innkeeper, was wonderful, friendly and very helpful. The breakfasts were delicious. The rooms are lovely and well decorated with very comfortable beds.
We engaged with several other travelers staying here which made for an interesting visit.

I would highly recommend the Green Palm Inn to fellow travellers to Savannah.

A Great Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member GoneTravelin

We truly enjoyed our recent stay at the Green Palm Inn. We stayed in the Sago Palm room, which was rather small. Next time, we'll opt for a larger room. Nevertheless, the hospitality shown by Diane was fantastic. She was so very knowledgable about Savannah, and extremely friendly. The breakfasts were excellent. The wine and cheese in the afternoon was very nice, and the cookies left out for the guests every evening were delicious.

We were able to walk everywhere from the Inn. The RiverWalk was our favorate area - a very easy walk from the Inn. We loved the squares of Savannah - again a very easy walk from the Inn.

We highly recommend a stay at the Green Palm Inn.

Great Little getaway!

by TripAdvisor Member junkytrinket

We just got back from Savannah yesterday, and we are already missing it! the Green Palm Inn was a great bed and breakfast. The rooms are spotless and decorated very nicely. The breakfasts were great! The wine and snacks were also a nice treat every afternoon. We felt right at home. Diane, the host, was very knowledgeable about the area and answered any of our questions that we had. She even waved goodbye to us from the porch as we drove away. 5 stars all the way!

fabulous two day stay

The green palm inn in savannah, Ga is everything you could want from a cozy bed and breakfast in the heart of the historic district of savannah. My wife and i just celebrated our 2 year anniversary at the inn and had a wonderful time. Diane, the owner, is an absolute joy, and has thought of every little thing to make the stay most enjoyable. The inn is a few short blocks from the river district which was a nice plus.
The breakfasts were quite good and Diane makes sure that everything is freshly cooked the morning of. There is also wine and cheese served in the afternoon along with freshly baked cakes and cookies which provides a nice little afternoon snack before dinner. Her banana bread is to die for. The combination of a large breakfast, the fabulous afternoon snack and going out for a big seafood dinner makes lunch almost unnecessary.
The room in which we stayed was the beautiful Sabal Palm Suite. A very spacious room with a gigantic four post bed which seems to call to you each time you walk into the room. It was one of the more comfortable beds i have ever slept in. The bathroom was complete with a claw foot tub and a fireplace which was a nice place to relax at the end of a day.
Savannah has all of the airs of southern gentility and if you want some time away to relax and breath a with a little more ease the green palm inn in savannah would be an ideal option.
I would recommend the Green Palm Inn to anyone who was looking for a relaxing stay complete with all the wonderful luxuries of southern hospitality.
It was quite a treat.

Best B&B in Savannah

We celebrated my husband's birthday with a trip to Savannah and stayed at the Green Palm Inn for 4 nights.
It was absolutely wonderful. Our room was large, perfectly decorated and had plenty of closet space. The location was very convenient and Diane was an excellent hostess. The breakfasts each morning were great and the evening snacks and wine were just right when returning from a day of sightseeing. Diane even had birthday cupcakes ready for us when we arrived, complete with candle. Diane was very knowledgeable about Savannah and gave us excellent recommendations. We could not have asked for a better place to stay and Diane helped to make this celebration one that we will never forget.
We will defintely stay here when we come back to
Savannah

The best place I have ever stayed

by TripAdvisor Member utvol123

This bed & breakfast was beautiful with excellent decor. The owners made it not only their home, but our home as well. The breakfast every morning was the best I have ever had at any hotel or B&B. The rooms are very nice with very comfortable beds. In the evening they put out wine with snacks which is included with the price of your room. The location is not right in town so it is quiet, however you can walk to the market and main part of town within 5 minutes. The best part about the Green Palm Inn is you get 5 star service for about 3 star prices. I advise anyone who goes to Savannah to stay here.

Perfect In Every Way

by TripAdvisor Member gerryrtodd

We wish we had more time to stay at this wonderful bed and breakfast. We arrived mid-day and our room was not ready (we did not expect it to be) but our host, Diane, was extremely welcoming and warm and gave us a map and helped us with a plan to explore the city. We had a parking space for our car and with that out of the way, we began our walking tour of Savannah. Diane helped us to decide on a place to have dinner, Le Bistro, which was excellent.

Once we were settled in our room, we went to the sitting area for wine and crackers with cheese and dip spreads, as well as some brownies, and visited with some of the other guests staying at the inn. One of the nice things about staying at a bed and breakfast is being able to meet people from other parts of the country. Our room was very tastefully done and very comfortable. Ours was a corner room with two windows on each side. We never heard outside noise or the comings and goings of the other guests. The room had a TV and mini refrigerator with bottled water. The breakfast was excellent. We were served french toast, sausage, juice, coffee. The atmosphere of the inn is very warm and cozy. There is a bookcase containing novels as well as books about Savannah and other travel information. The location of the inn is very convenient to all the sights. In fact, walking is the best way to experience all of the beautiful squares and homes as well as the riverfront. We would definitely stay here again.

Diane and Gary are the best

by TripAdvisor Member BrianinFla

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Green Palm to celebrate her birthday and New Years. Diane and Gary are the most accommodating innkeepers ever. One night, Gary even chased us down to give us an umbrella because he thought it might rain. Diane is a fantastic cook, and the presentation was first class. The inn is very well decorated and comfortable. They made us feel right at home. Our room was spotless, and on New Year's Eve they left us with hats and horns in our room. The afternoon snacks were very nice, and Diane even gave me the rest of the fudge to take with me on the trip home!
When we left, they stood outside to wave us off. Don't miss this place!

food, drinks, pillows and more

by TripAdvisor Member bubbeandpapajohn

What a charming place to stay. The Royal Palm Suite with luxury bedding, extra divan, two fireplaces, clawfoot tub and candles everywhere certainly made my husband and me feel like royalty. Diane's breakfasts were huge, varied and delicious (she gave me the easy recipe for the cheese danish). In addition to the cooking, she was an excellent tour guide and restaurant critic. The wine flowed freely and the afternoon chats with the other guests from around the world were stimulating. The location is close, but quiet and, of course, everything is immaculate and new. What else can I say but - GO AND ENJOY.

Chippewa Square - Where Forrest Gump sat!Chippewa Square - Where Forrest Gump sat!

Savannah, GASavannah, GA

Horses dressed in style for local carriage ridesHorses dressed in style for local carriage rides

Offloading equipment against a grey skyOffloading equipment against a grey sky

W Bay Street

by GUYON

We foresee to stay at the Best Western 412 W Bay St (Martin Luther King Blvd).
The reviews posted by customers on Tripadvisor tell there are a lot of homeless and drunk people nearby.
Is it true ? How is the surrounding area ?

by BadDrachenfels

The Marriott is on the water and much nicer but it is a walk to the clubs etc,. There is also another hotel - a Wyndom or Hilton or Hyatt across the street from the Days Inn.

I think the Best Western location is OK. I also stayed in the Days in as well and that was real average hotel but the location was good. Best Western's tend to be decent hotels for the money

Savannah is a bit different, It is a contrast between very wealty and very very poor.

Drunks? There are bands or groups of guys who do sit and drink outside.

by lemonpie

I did not like it when I stayed there last summer. (I was very overpriced for a "budget" hotel. I would have rather stayed at a Hampton Inn on 95 than to ever go back. If I had to do over I would spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else. It was in a not so good area. Good luck in your search. :)

by Easty

To answer your question, I don't remember seeing that many homeless or drunk people in the Historic Area of Bay Street when I was there. I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Bay Street. Great location for seeing the city, but is a little more on the expensive side. There were some poor areas that I saw that were less than appealing. But that is true with most American cities.

by risamay

You might try the Thunderbird Inn, instead. It's been recommended to me by several people and is newly renovated... and affordable! I am going to check it out and stay there this spring on my first trip to Savannah.

Cheers,

by GUYON

Marisa
This motel seems great (I saw the reviews on tripadvisor). Tell me your advice when you are back from Savannah.
What is the period of your stay ?
I foresee to be there in mid July.

by lemonpie

I looked at the website as well and it does look nice.
I am trying to figure out what it is near.....

by risamay

Certainly Guyon! I will be there at the end of April. As soon as I return from my trip, I'll post a review here for you.

Cheers,