The Olde Savannah Inn

217 E. Gaston Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

• Rude owner and biting dog!

Do not pay attention to the reviews on this site! A friend and I were visiting Savannah, Georgia, (we live close in Augusta) and wanted to stop by and talk to the innkeeper and see the inn. I opened the front door and she yelled at me from the end of the hall to shut the door. I did and she reopened the door, as we were making our way down the front stairs, and stated that people can't just walk into her inn because she has a guard dog. She said it was a liability to open the door. We were stunned at not only how rude she was, but that she would even have a dog that could attack someone who came into her business! The dog did eventually come to the door and stand there and bark at us while she was trying to explain her bizarre behavior. I have been to many nice inns and B&Bs and have never experienced anything close to the rudeness of this woman! She's in the wrong business! Why would someone have a dog running around during the day, who could hurt someone, when they could have people walk in who might like to see the inn and make a reservation? I will never do business with her and am letting everyone I know in Savannah and Augusta to mark her place off the list!

Unique Quality: Owner said dog attacks and bites!

More about The Olde Savannah Inn

Fell in Love with Savannah and The Olde Savannah Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member SherryGriggs

Bob and I stayed at The Olde Savannah Inn for our honeymoon and Kathleen made it wonderful. The inn is beautiful and takes one back to days of grandeur and glory. Kathleen Dupuis is the ultimate hostess. We wanted for nothing. Things we hadn't thought of, Kathleen had.

Within minutes of meeting Kathleen, Bob and I felt instantly at home...something Kathleen insists on. She took us for a tour of her grand home and we were awestruck by its beauty. Kathleen's attention to detail and customer service are surpassed by no one.

We stayed in the Provence room which is spectacular. From the beautiful bedding to the amazing bathrobes to the fantastic shower, this room leaves you breathless and wanting to stay. When it was time for us to leave Kathleen and Savannah it was with a bittersweet spirit that we did so.

We have made a lifelong friend in Kathleen Dupuis and a home-away-from-home at The Olde Savannah Inn. Rest assured that when we next travel to Savannah, we will definitely be staying with Kathleen at her beautiful Old Savannah Inn.

Savannah Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member stephandjoey

Where to start..the inn was romantic, grand yet cozy, formal yet relaxed. Equisite period pieces furnished this 1860 Inn. Immediately my girlfriend and I were welcomed with a hug from the Innkeeper and our tour began. Minutes later we find ourselves relaxing on the veranda with some wine, fountains trickling in the background and a breeze all welcomed us to this home away from home. We enjoyed a gas fire in our bedroom on one of the more chili nights and our heavenly bed that would rival that of the Westin carried us away after a long day of walking the Savannah streets. Bring your appetites because Kathleen puts on a real spread for breakfast! Belgian waffles, with fresh berries and homemade cream served with apple-smoked bacon with a hint of brown sugar washed down with coffee from a french press will go down as one of my all-time favorites. We couldn't have asked for more, nor could we have expected to feel so at home. We were actually sad to leave the last day. We'd grown accustomed to both the Inn and the Innkeeper. Don't miss this experience!

Loved the Olde Savannah Inn

by TripAdvisor Member MinnesotaReisetante

5/1/2007
Reviewer: A thankful guest of The Olde Savannah Inn

I was fortunate to have just spent 4 nights at the Olde Savannah Inn in Savannah, GA. What a lovely Bed & Breakfast! The interior design is magnificent, tasteful, luxurious, yet very comfortable and relaxing. The rooms are gorgeous, furnished with the best and very inviting. The place is absolutely immaculate and charming.

The Innkeeper/owner, Kathleen Dupuis, warmly wecolmes her guests and ensures that their every need is taken care of in un unobtrusive way. I was welcomed with a beautiful tray of homemade browny, whipped cream and fresh strawberries! Breakfast at the Inn is a fabulous experience, especially for those who are very hungry in the morning. All the food is freshly prepared and the servings are more than ample.

I stayed in the beautifully appointed Provence room for $259 a night and enjoyed every minute of my stay. The queen size bed was extremely comfortable with damask sheets and down comforter.

I would highly recommend the Olde Savannah Inn to anyone who is looking for a beautiful B&B in romantic Savannah, be they on business, as I was, or on a romantic trip with that special someone. I hope that some day I will be able to return to Savannah and have another opportunity to stay at the Olde Savannah Inn.

We love the Olde Savannah Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Retailtherapypatient

A recent 3 day weekend visit to Savannahs Historic District was just the stress relief my wife and I needed. The success of the plan should be credited to Kathleen Dupuis of The Olde Savannah Inn. Although the Boston accent gives her away as having Northern roots, Her heart and hospitality are pure Southern. The Olde Savannah Inn is well restored and immaculately maintained. It is conveniently located to Restaurants and Shops. My wife and I walked to various historic places and at times took a Pedicab or Horse Drawn Carriage ride through the town. I will plan another trip to Savannah, and I will be sure to stay at the Olde Savannah Inn.

The Olde Savannah Inn is a must

by TripAdvisor Member Jimmeer

My husband surprised me with a 3 night weekend at The Olde Savannah Inn located in the historical district for our 20th wedding anniversary, and it was wonderful. Kathleen Dupuis, the owner, met us at the door and immediately swept me away for a manicure and pedicure in the garden followed by a relaxing one hour massage that my husband booked prior to our arrival. Afterward, I found my husband relaxing in a rocking chair on the porch overlooking the garden and water fountain-----very nice!

After dinner in the Savannah historical district, we retired to the lovliest guest room in the Inn, the Versailles Court. The room has an elegant sitting area and a king size bed with egyptian cotton sheets, oversize pillows and a matress made by a local vendor---I got the best night sleep I have had in a long time. The bath featured double sinks, an oversize Jacuzzi suitable for two, two old fashioned claw tubs and a beautiful chandelier with a dimmer for evening or day pampering. Kathleen took care of all the ammenities in our room to include: bottled water or champagne on ice, chocolate and pastry delicasies, a Bose sound machine, an HDTV flat screen, bathrobes and slippers, oversized towels, multiple candles by the Jacuzzi, and the list goes on and on---it it wasn't there, all we had to do was ask!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I awoke to the smell of fresh bacon. Kathleen's breakfast reminded me of Sunday Brunch at Commander's Palace in New Orleans with the elegance of fine dining and the master chef creations. A fresh fruit cup of strawberries, blackberries, canteloupe and honey dew; apple bacon encrusted in brown sugar; banana pudding with homemade cream; and for the main course, pan seared cinnamon raisin toast topped with baked apples, strawberries and cream. It was wonderful---we didn't eat lunch until 3:00!

We completed our first day with a trolley tour that we purchased through Kathleen. The touring company picked us up at the door and brought us back at the end of the day ---very easy! We followed with a musical "Guys and Dolls" produced by the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and dinner at the "Old Pink House Restaurant."

The hospitality, culinary works of art, amenities, site seeing tips, great conversation, and catering to our every need made this the most enjoyable and relaxing trip we have ever had---we will definitely be back and will recommend it to anyone visiting Savannah.

OK not great

by TripAdvisor Member ChicagoAlley

My wife and I stayd there for a couple of nigts in April. It's kind of on the fringe of the historic district and a not so great neighborhood and kind of a long walk to the river or any good restaurants. The owner was a little bit much for me. She was nice but we really just wanted to be left alone. The room was kind of small and way too much money for what you got. Lots of other choices in Savannah.

The Honeymooners give it 4 thumbs up!

by TripAdvisor Member ross2980

We stayed for 3 nights for our honeymoon and enjoyed every minute! The Inn is beautiful and elegantly decorated. Our room (The Bellevue) was cozy with an exceptionally comfortable bed and nice amenities. The steam shower was very relaxing and was the perfect treat. The Inn-keeper Kathleen went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and enjoy our stay in Savannah. You won't find a better breakfast or midnight snack anywhere in the city than in her vintage dining room. She is a wonderful host and very knowledgable about dining around the city, places to see, things to do, and is very helpful in making any needed arrangements (reservations, transportation, etc.) . The location, right near Forsyth park, is lovely and is a nice walk to all of the historic attractions. We also took advantage of the on-site spa, which was a very nice benefit!

Treat yourself to a lovely experience at the Olde Savannah Inn with Miss Kathleen.

Great place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ted_Bat

My finacee and I stayed at Olde Savannah Bed and Breakfast for two nights in April 2007. This was our first visit to Savannah and it turned out to be very special. Kathleen provided over the top warm welcome and made the stay an unforgetable one. The Inn is located smack in the middle of the historic district. If you come to Savannah, be prepared to enjoy walking aroung the town, which we did a LOT. Kathleen took care of a restaurant reservation at Garibaldi's for us - a necessary thing to do if you would like to experience one the best cuisines the town has to offer. We stayed in the Versailes Court room and were particularly impressed with the amenities. They are among the very best that you won't encounter too often even in a five star hotel. The Inn is very well equiped and is up to the most advanced standards modern hotel has to offer!

good but inn keeper a bit overbearing

by TripAdvisor Member birdieUsa

Beautiful inn in an adequate location. Terrfiic rooms. Great breakfast but cuts some corners (juice, coffee). Kathleen tries very hard but is a bit too much for me as well. Her constant assertions of how great everything is (which i agreed with) does allow the inn to speak for itself . Actually would not alow us to use some of the bedding in room due to its cost and audibly complained when guest did not finish their coffee. Overall a great inn with a inn keeper that needs to give her gusts more breathing room.

Wonderful vacation experience

by TripAdvisor Member vcraig

We decided the best way to see Savannah, Georgia was to stay in a bed and breakfast. This was such a wonderful experience. Kathleen truly made us feel welcome in her home. There was nothing that she wouldn't do to make our stay enjoyable. She made calls for restaurants and sightseeing trips. The wine social was terrific and we met some wonderful people including the pianist, Miss Diana. This is truly somethng that a guest should take time to appreciate. This is the way to experience Savannah!

Comments