The Olde Savannah Inn

#47 of 183 hotels in Savannah
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 1326 reviews

Rude owner and biting dog!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 12, 2011

Do not pay attention to the reviews on this site! A friend and I were visiting Savannah, Georgia, (we live close in Augusta) and wanted to stop by and talk to the innkeeper and see the inn. I opened the front door and she yelled at me from the end of the hall to shut the door. I did and she reopened the door, as we were making our way down the front stairs, and stated that people can't just walk into her inn because she has a guard dog. She said it was a liability to open the door. We were stunned at not only how rude she was, but that she would even have a dog that could attack someone who came into her business! The dog did eventually come to the door and stand there and bark at us while she was trying to explain her bizarre behavior. I have been to many nice inns and B&Bs and have never experienced anything close to the rudeness of this woman! She's in the wrong business! Why would someone have a dog running around during the day, who could hurt someone, when they could have people walk in who might like to see the inn and make a reservation? I will never do business with her and am letting everyone I know in Savannah and Augusta to mark her place off the list!

Unique Quality: Owner said dog attacks and bites!

Nearby The Olde Savannah Inn

• Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Savannah Travel Forum

Need advice about Savannah, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Savannah and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Savannah hotel reviews

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Inn At Ellis Square A Days Hotel
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Holiday Inn Hotel Historic District ( Mulberry Inn )
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews