The Promenade Hotel Savannah

BestWestern.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• deecat's Profile Photo

Terrific Location...

While in Savannah, we stayed at the Comfort Suites Historic District because of the location and the cost. It is within walking distance from River Street and the Savannah City Market.

Also within walking distance are many restaurants, shops, museums and tours.

Compared to most of the hotels and even the Bed and Breakfasts, this hotel is less expensive, especially for what you receive. There is Cable/Satellite TV, a Computer Hook-up, elevators, an Exercise Room, Free local calls, Guest Use Fax Machine (for a fee), and Wireless Internet.

Another great factor is the convenient free parking.

The rooms are well appointed, clean, and quite large.

Check in: 3:00 PM
    Check out:11:00PM

Unique Quality: A free continental breakfast is included, and it is better than most continental breakfasts. It includes fresh fruit, cold and hot cereal, muffins, assorted pastries, bagels, toast, coffee, juice, and tea.

During the week, a free newspaper comes with the room. There is a fitness center, a heated outdoor pool with a spa, and non-smoking rooms are available. Included with the room are refrigerators, hair dryers, microwaves, ironing boards, irons, and coffee makers.

More about The Promenade Hotel Savannah

We'll Stay There Again

by TripAdvisor Member drew30319

After doing an exhaustive search to get the best "bang for our buck" my girlfriend and I chose to stay at the Best Western - Savannah Historic District. We were staying in Savannah from Thursday night through Sunday afternoon and wanted to stay in a location nearby River Street. We chose the Best Western because it was only one block from River Street and the average price per night came to around $90 ($84 for Thursday and $93 for Friday and Saturday).

Upon checking in late on Thursday night (around 11pm) we were pleased to have an upgrade to a King-size bed. It was also nice to see the onsite Security was in the parking lot.

The room itself certainly wasn't in the same league as Westin or Four Seasons but that wasn't what we were paying for. It was clean and nicely appointed. We were looking for a safe, clean place to sleep at night and that's exactly what we received.

We were a short walk from River Street (and a very short walk to "Savannah Smiles," a dueling piano club). When walking back to our room at 3:00 am we felt safe and again saw Security patrolling the parking lots.

I would definitely stay at the Best Western on future trips to Savannah. The only time I would want to stay someplace else is if I was looking for a bed and breakfast or wanted a river-view (obviously I'd be paying much more than $90 per night!).

If you're looking for a budget-stay within walking distance of River Street I'd highly recommend the Best Western.

No Complaints

My husband and I stayed here 8/12 to /14. The hotel is older, but seems like it has been kept up nicely. We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest in the historic district. There was nothing exceptional about this hotel; it was average, but clean. The breakfast had your chioce of cereal, pastries, and hard boiled eggs. The parking was free. I'd stay at this hotel again...it was just a hop from all the "historic" activities of Savannah.

Ok, but very noisy

I stayed at this hotel Nov. 5th and 6th. 2005. The room was clean, but needs renovation. There was some mold in the tub tiles, for the price 138.00 with tax, it was not worth it. The morning breakfast buffet was better than average. The coffee was very weak so avoid it. My biggest complaint is with the noisy location and loud obnoxious drunks in the back lane by our room....Where was security??????? The noise continued from 12AM to 5AM. Having said that, it is close to the river and the Historic district, so the location is great.

Not recommended

I had to change rooms because the bedside lamp was broken and could not be fixed. The radio in the second room did not work. The water in the shower came out half-strength. Altogether a depressing hotel that needs a major face-lift. The staff, however, was very responsive.

Think twice!

by TripAdvisor Member happyWilmington_NC

We chose this hotel for the cheap price and good location. It was not worth it for either reason. In the middle of the night there was a fight outside on the floor above us. I had to call the desk to get security. A large group of teenagers was run off (drunk)Also, the room was not clean, and the smell was so bad we actually got up to look under the bed to see if something was dead. We requested another room the next day, but it was smoky and stale. This old hotel needs a major renovation and yes, security was present, for the obvious reasons. After all that, I would have at least expected to be comped for the sleepless night.

Great location, but noise is a problem

by TripAdvisor Member Pnemiller

This hotel is in a great location in Savannah, close to the river and in the historic district, which makes its access to the city a plus. At the same time, the location is a problem because it fronts Bay St., a noisy, major road through the city and is close to the activities (and bars) along the river so at night you can hear loud, noisy people in the rear along Williamson St., a public street that separates the motel from its annex. The rooms and amenities of the hotel are good, so if you are going to stay there, I would suggest a room in the rear, away from Bay St., but still bring earplugs in case there are loud, obnoxious people outside at night. If it were not for the noise, this hotel would be above average. There is free parking and a good continental breakfast.

Stay here if you like to get drunk and scream all night

by TripAdvisor Member estherbarndollar

We stayed here March 15 and 16. The room was average and the hotel staff friendly, but we had musty smell, two burned out lightbulbs, no coffee in room. I reported a beer bottle sitting on the staircase landing twice and it remained there for two days. That is just the good part. At night, drunk college kids who were staying in the hotel partied all along the balconies, screaming and being rowdy until after 3 a.m. In the morning, there were cigarette butts, rows of empty beer bottles and trash left on the walkways. The hotel may say they can't control this, but Disturbing the Peace and Underage Drinking are both crimes. The manager seemed to almost enjoy the atmosphere and did nothing to intervene. I would not recommend this hotel unless you like to party, drink and smoke until wee hours.

My second home

I am a SCAD alumni, so going back to Savannah last week felt like returning to my second home. I had a great time seeing my old friends and classmates. The city has grown so much since i graduated in 2000; with lots of new constructions and new hotel accomodations.

But i had a pleasant time at the Best Western hotel. Everyone from the Front Desk to the Housekeeping personell were very attentive and helpful. My room was comfortable - enjoying a king size bed. I even had a fridge and a microwave for my convenience. The breakfast was good with a great variety of foods to savor.

I extremely recommend anyone to stay there. Also visited River Street, the southside of the city, City Market, all the squares and facilities for the Savannah College of Art & Design. They created and sponsores the Sidewalk Arts Festival at Forsyth Park. A great family event.

Restaurants!...a lot to choose from. The Lady & Sons in Congress St. offers excellent southern home cooking - take advantage on the buffet menu on Sundays.

Cheaper, But You'll See Why

by TripAdvisor Member MrTetley

We booked late for Savannah, and so all the cheaper B&B's seemed gone, but we wanted to be in town. So we booked here. I was under no illusion that it'd be a great hotel experience, but hoped it would give us a place close to the center of things, and not be bad. It lived up to the former, but not quite the latter.

The room was clean, and the bed comfy enough, the TV worked (important: there for the Lost finale!), and it felt safe. And we were very close to things: a real plus.

BUT: (a) the wallpaper was coming off the back wall of our room. quite seriously. and behind it was a bunch of mould; (b) the shower didn't work properly. To put it crudely, an old man's pee would've been stronger. So my wife and I had to explore Savannah with yesterday's sweat. not nice; (c) staff were quite sullen. Nobody was rude, let me be clear, but they were hardly pleasant either; (d) breakfast felt really cheap. Everything in plastic, lots of it stale-looking.

Overall, I'd say that this place does the job if you're looking for a place to crash centrally. But for the price, it's a pretty lousy bet all in all: when I spend $40 at a Red Roof Inn, I'm okay with (a) through (d), but not when I spend $130

Comments