1 Resort Dr, Savannah, Georgia, 31421, United States

Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
Westin.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• A Mere Shadow of Its Former Self

Skip this hotel and find another place to stay! I stayed here several times a few years ago and always enjoyed the stay. I returned this past spring and was terribly disappointed. The decor has been changed to one that is bland and cold, but worse the front desk staff is the same!

Upon check-in they tried to place me in a higher rate than I had reserved. When I called them on it they quickly corrected the rate. (The front desk attendant, whom I later learned was the 'manager on duty' was haughty and affected!) She placed me in a resort view room, which is not an appealing view, despite the fact that I had specifically reserved a river view room. When I arrived at the room and saw the error I called from a courtesy phone. After TWENTY
    minutes a valet arrived with the key to the correct room.

When I called down for room service my call went unanswered. I called back multiple times and received no answer. Finally I called in on an outside line to reach someone for room service. (The food was good, and politely served.) The hotel felt vacant, and the inability to reach the front desk on the phone only added to the isolated feeling.

One positive thing I can say about the hotel is that the valet attendants were excellent. (They even chased me down when I left my phone in the car, and THAT was much appreciated!)

The ladies in the gift shop were also fabulous! They have an outstanding selection of lovely handbags, and are very attuned to customer service. (They should be running the fron desk!)

Sadly, the valet attendants and the gift shop personel cannot makeup for a lack of leadership within the administration of this hotel.

Avoid this hotel until they get thier act together!

Unique Quality: The river view rooms have a great view of the Savannah River and it is fun to watch the shipping traffic and the activity on River Street.

They do take pets, and have very comfortable beds.

Directions: On the Savannah River

• doug48's Profile Photo

the westin

the westin is a resort hotel located on hutchinson island across the harbor from downtown savannah. this ia a first class property with a nice golf course. they offer water taxi service to the historic district. in my opinion the best hotel in savannah.

Directions: hutchinson island

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Resort across the river

This was definitely a splurge, but well worth it. The Westin is located near the convention center and right across Savannah harbor. Its connected to downtown by a water taxi that runs about every half hour. Its a large place which is mostly known for its golf course but its a great place for those of us who do not golf. The grounds are beautiful and there's a nice waterfront area where there is a promenade, gazebo and the water taxi.

Rooms are Westin standard and the service is 5 star. I ate at the casual restaurant and enjoyed it and I heard that the more formal restaurant was outstanding.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Cross the River

We have not stayed at this hotel, but it has been featured by the Travel Channel. I often watch Samantha Brown's show on the TV.

“It was our viewers who encouraged us to visit The Westin Resort,” said Great Hotels host Samantha Brown. "They said Savannah was a wonderful city, rich in history and southern charm. They were right on the mark."

A Travel Channel crew of seven, along with two assistants hired from Savannah, spent 2 ½ days shooting the hotel and its wide range of amenities, which include The Club at Savannah Harbor, a Troon Golf-managed championship 18-hole golf course, and the world famous Greenbrier Spa.

They were especially impressed with the hotel’s richly appointed guest rooms, featuring the Westin’s signature "Heavenly Bed", an all-white bed with a pillowtop mattress, five pillows, 250-thread count sheets, a hypoallergenic duvet and down blanket.

Along with breathtaking views of Savannah’s Historic District and South Carolina’s Lowcountry, the rooms offer an incredible package of amenities, from Starbucks Coffee to chocolate-dipped pecans as part of the turndown service.

In addition to The Westin’s exercise room, two outdoor swimming pools, four lighted Har-Tru tennis courts and a 400-foot deepwater dock, Brown was invited to enjoy the ultimate spa experience at the adjacent Greenbriar Spa, the only other spa in the world to be affiliated with the internationally acclaimed Greenbriar Resort in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. The full-service health facility offers a wide variety of services from paraffin body wraps and European facials to French manicures and pedi-massage therapy.

During their stay, Brown and crew were treated to an oyster roast and Lowcountry boil on the Savannah Harbor Resort grounds, as well as a ride aboard the new Juliet Gordon Low Ferry to River Street. Two minutes away by water taxi, the cobblestone street with its wonderful restaurants and festive nightlife, is a favorite of visitors to the city.

Unique Quality: Mostly, I think that anywhere that is featured on that show is way too expensive for me. One of their specials is:

Romance Package

One night accommodations for two
    River view room
    Breakfast for two in "Aqua Star"
    Chocolate-dipped Strawberries and Champagne delivered to your room
    Occupancy fee
    Resort Service fee
    Local Sales Tax
    Enter promotional code "ROMANCE"

$259.00

Directions: From West:
    Follow I-16 East to Savannah and exit to the right on Exit #166 and bear left onto 17 North across the Talmadge Bridge. Exit at Hutchinson Island and follow Wayne Shackelford Boulevard to Resort Drive (approx. 1 mile).

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

Westin Harbor Resort & Spa; a heavenly experience

We stayed at the Westin for two times during a conference. It was very convenient to stay in the Westin, because the conference center is next door. The hotel is just a water taxi ride away from the southern charm of Savannah It is a beautiful hotel with an 18-hole golf course and a spa. At the Greenbier Spa you can choose between different treatments, like massage treatments, spa & mineral baths, manicures & pedicures and a lot more.

The rooms are perfect. They were very clean and spacious. We had a room with a nice view of the Savannah river and the Historic city. The Westin offers a “heavenly bath” and "heavenly bed". The all white beds feature 5 pillows, 250 thread count sheets, a hypoallergenic duvet, down blanket, and a pillow top mattress. It is truly an oasis of comfort for the weary traveler.

This hotel has a great combination of meeting facilities, great service, and a resort atmosphere.

Unique Quality: I love the Heavenly Bath and a Heavenly Bed (I wish I had this one at home) Very clean hotel with a great service!

Directions: On the Savannah River, across the Historic city.

More about Westin Savannah Harbor Resort and Spa

Not Pleased

We recently attended a Convention there and was also suprised at the hidden charges. The "Special Rate" of $231.00 was alot for the small room,but it actually came out to be $274.00 per night. There was not ime to use the pool,but was ofcourse charges anyway. The reception dinner served on thursday was poorly organized,because the set-ups inside were not ready and the biteing nats outside were terrible. My wife later that night became sick which was believed to be something she ate there that night and took the rest of our three day stay to recoop. Another person in our group requested the hotel send a cab,which they did,but they verly made it over the bridge before breaking down. We had a early flight sunday morning which we needed to get up at 3am. ,so to be safe i asked for a wake-up call. The desk comfirmed the wake up call time and even asked if i would like a 15min follow-up. ,which i said yes i did.Fortunately i was up at 3:30 am, but the wake up call never came. I did mention this at chech out but they said there was no record of it. The cab we reserved to get to the airport left with other guest,leaving us to wonder if we would make our flight at the airport 30 min away.I think a Refund would be in order~!

Comments