15 Sylvester C. Formey Drive, Savannah, Georgia, 31408, United States

Travelocity Orbitz.com WingateHotels.com

More about Savannah

Corn beef hashCorn beef hash

Barber Shop on Bull StreetBarber Shop on Bull Street

Re-enactmentRe-enactment

An old locomotiveAn old locomotive

Julia's HideAway?

by dancerat

Looking for reviews on "Julia's Hideaway" or advice on if it's in a good location. "located 1 block from Jones St. (cited as the most beautiful street in the South by Southern Living Magazine) and is next to Savannah’s growing Design District."

by GlenTim

My wife and I had a terrific time staying in Savannah at Julia's. Exceptionally clean and in a really wonderful location. We did not use our car at all, we walked to everything, even a great bookstore just 1 block from the Hideaway. They think of everything, from a fully stocked kitchen to a very comfortable bed. And very, very reasonable rates. No more Hiltons for us. We have booked the place for a week over the holidays!

by calhalpal

I stayed at Julia's during the Savannah Film Festival and based upon what I heard from the friends I made - I had an exceptionally good deal at Julia's. Great location and great price. Will go back.

Hal Needham

by jackspear

Boy - what a find! Stayed there with my girlfriend and our little dog - they made us feel right at home, and what a deal! Will go back. Be sure to browse the Design District (just up the street from Julia's) - Found some real treasures, and I am from NYC!!!

Travel Tips for Savannah

Beautiful homes and parks

by fa330

My favorite thing to do is walk around and look at the beautiful homes and parks. The day we spent walking around and taking pictures, then it rained, and rained, and rained, but we still had a good time. And when we had to leave the next day, we didn't want to!

Here's a map of the...

by acemj

Here's a map of the well-planned, 2 1/2 square mile Historic District, the nation's largest.
The city's founder, English general James Ogelthorpe founded the city in 1733 and by the end of the 18th century, cotton had made the city rich.

Bonaventure Cemetery

by GUYON

Savannah is inhabited by more dead perpersons than alive ones. Where can we meet more easily the gosts : at the cemetery. Though we are fans of the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" we skipped the Old Bonaventure cemetery which is featured in the film.

We were curious to see the Gracie Watson's statue. She was the charming daughter of the Pulaski hotel manager and was friendly considered by the patrons of the hotel. Unfortunately, she died from pneumonia in April 1889. The statue of her grave was carved from a photographe as it is shown by her behaviour.

The grave is fenced by railings to protect it from the visitor cheek. For the same reason, the famous statue, " the Bird Girl" has been moved from the cemetery when the family encountered tourists having a pick nick on the their grave.

The Gracie's grave is signaled by wooden signs and it is located in section E number 98.

The other occupiers of the graveyard are also interesting. Fort examples : Johnny Mercer and Conrad Aiken (both in section H).

One thing more : the cemetery is not close to the city center. You need a map and a car except if you are in a tour.

" This is not your daddy's piano bar"

by cobrioc about Dueling Pianos Saloon

Join the fun at Savannah's own all request Rock n' Roll party.
Experience a night of explosive fun whith talented performers who belt out your favorite
tunes.
Audience participation a must, sing, clap & stomp along, come early and stay late! Must be 21 to enter!
Closed Monday &Tuesday.

Closest you'll get to the big apple in savannah

by TropicanaHana about Vinnie Van Go Gos

Coming from New York the pizza capital of the world, I can't help but be abit critical when it comes to pizza. So snobbiness aside, I say everyone is right about it being the best pizza in town.

Don't go anywhere else, that is a warning!! Here, the slices are actually full size - no, larger!! And you can get any topping your heart desires (NewYorkers don't just do cheese and pepperoni - tell that to dull uncle rudy.)

I think it closes after midnight. That's as late as I've gone here - for a midnight snack with friends, and the place still had it's lively atmoshere.

Something that sets this place apart from other pizzas in town, are, like I said the toppings. You need not order a whole pie to get what you want on your slice - they can easily just put it on a slice!! And when I say the slices are big I mean huge. I had mistakenly ordered two slices thinking it'd be liek anyother place in town - a measly slice the size of my hand. Noo they were the size of my head and then I had to worry about waisting food!!!!

This place is recommended by fellow new yorkers and new jersians that go to school at SCAD.

Comments