Zeigler House

121 West Jones Street, Savannah, Georgia, 31401, United States

• doug91's Profile Photo

Great Savannah B&B

Fantastic place. The location was great for walks around town -- we parked the car in their lot and didn't touch it all weekend. Having a continental breakfast in our own kitchen was a nice touch. The great pastries made up for missing out on some of the morning socializing at other B&Bs we've enjoyed. The hosts were extremely accomodating, the cats and birds were friendly, and there was a full collection of restaurant menus and travel guides in the room, which made picking out meals much easier. I wouldn't change a thing, and we'd definitely stay there again.

More about Zeigler House

Worthy of all the praise!

We arrived at the Zeigler house to find that Dian had upgraded us to one of the larger rooms because it was available during our stay. The house is stunning and our room was gorgoues. Not only did it include a fabulous bed, but also a cd player, a noise machine, fresh flowers and a fridge stocked with all of our requested breakfast items. It is a lovely place run by two very lovely people. Highly recommend it. Also, highly recommend lunch at Wilkes Boarding House - located on same street as Zeigler House.

Above and Beyond a 5 star hotel

My mom and I stayed at the Zeigler house from Sept. 19-24. It was the most pleasurable place I have ever stayed. The hospitality provided by Ken and Dian was amazing. They made us feel like family. Both were very helpful and gave us ideas and a map of things to do and places to eat. Ken went out of his way to give us a ride for our rental car, which we were very grateful for his kindness. We rented out the Provence and the French country room which can be joined as a huge suite. The rooms were gorgeous, bathroom was very nice and best of all there was a minature kitchen which we used quite frequently. It's very convenient for breakfast since Ken and Dian kept everything stocked for you. I would highly recommend the Zeigler house for your stay in Savannah. Forgot to mention, that it is close to everthing, walking distance. When I return to Savannah, I will be staying here again.
Thanks again Ken and Dian for lovely stay for our first mother/daughter trip!

Shannon Blake
San Diego, CA

Perfect Getaway 9/17-9/19/04

by TripAdvisor Member 911192

We had decided to stay at the Zeigler House based on the good reviews on the Internet, and we were delighted to find out that it was as nice as expected. The Zeigler House is located on Jones street, a quaint historic preservation district, and very conveniently located. The French Country room we stayed at was lovely, cute and clean, and we felt very relaxed in it. It also helped that the room had a TV with many good channels. It was like an efficiency apartment equipped with everything we needed for the stay. It was very convenient that the refrigerator was stacked up with the food and drinks of our choice and we didn't have to go out for breakfast. We took this trip to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary over the 9/17/04 - 9/19/04 weekend, and the owners Dian & Ken took care of ordering a champaign and assorted nibbles waiting for us in our room when we checked in. She also took care of our dinner reservations at 2 very nice restaurants, The Olde Pink House and Elizabeth (the food was glorious at both restaurants!). Dian was kind enough to inform the restaurants of our anniversary, so when we ordered the deserts after dinner, they presented us with nice decorations on the desert plates to congratulate our anniversary, which was a nice touch. We thoroughly enjoyed staying at Zeigler House and highly recommend to everyone to stay there.

Delayed Honeymoon at the Ziegler House

I chose the Ziegler House for our delayed honeymoon based on other reviews. It was a very pleasurable experience. We found the well appointed suite to be impeccably clean, comfortable, and very nicely decorated. Due to our late arrival our hosts Ken and Dian took extra steps to ensure entry into the house and provided notes and maps to point us in the right direction from the beginning including her personal choices for Savannah's great cuisine that were right on the mark. It should also be noted that Mrs. Wilkes place is just steps away down the block. Any future visits to Savannah will include the Ziegler House.

Just Perfect

Four girlfriends had the pleasure of staying at the Zeigler House last week for four nights. It was absolutely lovely.
Ken and Dian could not have been more hospitable. We had the top floor of the Zeigler House which included two separate apartments. Ken and Dian stock the apartment with breakfast items so that you can dine at your leisure. For a bed and breakfast you still have your privacy but with very gracious hosts. I would recommend Zeigler House to anyone looking for lovely accomodations right in the heart of historic Savannah. I had wondered why I didn't see Zeigler House in more of our guide books, but found out that it was renovated only last year. Make your reservations before the secret is out!

Great Place to stay!

My wife and I stayed at the Zeigler House for a few days on our honeymoon. We had read the other reviews and decided this was the place for us. We definitely made the right choice. I had spoken with both Ken and Dian on the phone prior to our arrival. They are very gracious and accomodating hosts. When we did arrive, our room was impressive. Dian not only showed us around the room but also sat down with us and gave us a brief overview of the places that we should visit in Savannah. I would highly recommend staying at the Zeigler House.

What a wonderful stay!

Dian and Ken are the most wonderful B&B hosts we have ever had. I am probably the most picky person when it comes Hotels and B&Bs. My husband and I just spent 3 nights at the Zeigler House and both agree that it was one of the best (If not the best) places we have stayed in a very long time (and probably the best place domestically.) The House is a beautiful Savannah home from the 1850's. Dian gave us tons of great recommendations on sightseeing and our favorite FOOD! I don't think there are words enough to describe what an amazing place this is to stay. The only complaint I have is that the water pressure could be a little better on the 3rd floor (I doubt there is anything that can be done in a house of this age.) Everything else more than made up for it. We hope to return one day and stay in one of the other beautiful rooms!

Sydney McCoy
11/16-11/18

Zeigler House, A Savannah Jewel

This is the perfect get away! We just spent four days at Zeigler House. Dian made our restaurant reservations and gave us recommendations as to how to enjoy Savannah to the fullest. Our rooms were so inviting and a patio outside made for a lovely place to read and enjoy our morning coffee and afternoon tea. We had a wonderful time and Dian and Ken were great hosts.

One bad apple

My husband and I just game from the Ziegler House 15 minutes ago.
After reading the reviews, I thought nothing could go wrong. When we checked in Mr. Brownfield was very informative. He guided us through the room next, and apologized for the tear on the wall caused by moisture, they just haven't gotten around to it. NO PROBLEM for us. We enjoyed our breakfast stash and enjoyed a quiet evening on the most comfortable bed ever. Next day is when it all unravelled. We went upstairs to have them make our sight seeing arrangements AS Mr. Browfield said he was more than happy to do for us ...so he said. They were'nt even there around 10:45am. At this point we dismissed the inconvenience. We enjoyed the town, got a great massage at the Savannah Day Spa (60 minutes $65 +tip) you cant beat it! Upon our return the room was replenished with linens and the dishes washed, but no more breakfast, I guess this was just a Bed and not a bed and BREAKFAST! Anyway, keep in mind at this point we are not noticing the lousy service, we're not even complaining. (TURNING POINT)When I read through the book filled with notes of , Thank you's and how great this place was, left by previous guests, I noticed we got a different service. The notebook reported fresh flowers (our flowers were wilted still in the vase), reservations made by the Brownfields (we never met the Mrs. and they were never there to make any arrangements), bottle of wine (he did tell us where we could by some)...I was a bit jelous. Then when we went up to use the phone to make our own dinner arrangements, they weren;t even there, AGAIN! It was 7:00 pm! We went up to their office several times ringing the door bell. Noone was ever home. We walked the streets looking for a pay phone in the cold. We even almost went to the Azalea Inn down the street to use the phone, but were too imbarrassed when we reached the door step. We finally just went to the Chao Chineses restaurant (Horrible! Very greasy!). By the time we got back it was 8:45ish. We then heard footsteps as we ate. They were finally home.

We would not have been upset at all had they told us, "Hey, you guys are on your own. No phone, No more breakfast, No service, you're on your own." But after reading how they treat their other guests we thought, 'If you're a young couple, and you plan a vacation on mon-tue , off season, service is discontinued.' Maybe they write all these good reviews, I'm beginning to wonder ??. I've visited may tripadvisors on other hotels and they are NEVER perfect. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

They just weren't very attentive. Like they really didnt care that we were there. We are descent young professionals with expectations of comfort and some courtesy. We plan to share our story with friends and family. Just when you book this , make sure you know when they will be available for you and make ALL your arrangements at check in. Its a great room, but the service is lousy if your their only guest. We're insulted. We wont be back. (The Azalea in is beautiful!)

• Jun 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM

We stayed at the Zeigler House some time ago and wrote a 4-star review, but mentioning the fact that the highly advertised "homemade pastries" were, in fact, not all homemade. The owner even told us that she often bought some of the pastries from local grocery, if they looked really good. However, on Tripadvisor, whenever someone mentions her store-bought pastries, (and we're not the only ones), she denies it. After our review, we were sent several nasty e-mails from her and her "friend." We've never had an uncomfortable experience like this with any review. And to think, we gave her 4 stars! Obviously, we cannot recommend this bed and breakfast based on both the pastries, the dishonesty, and the harrassing e-mails.