Marriott Stone Mountain Inn

Hiking and Walking National/State Park
See Amenities
AndyJax's Profile Photo

Outdated, overpriced and disgusting. Nice View

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2012

Room description:
Outdated, overpriced and disgusting. Just because it has the Marriott name does not mean it is held to any kind of higher standard. I was embarrased I took a date to this dump. In no way is this a romantic setting. You can find hotels outside the park that are 10 times nicer for half the price. I visited a friend's room and know this first hand.
The room we got was small, dark and smelled of sour clothes. They use an eggcrate mattress. An outdated slideing glass door goes to the paio but it is blocked by a chair. The in-room a/c is pluged into a makeshift outlet of wood (see photo). The TV is not even a flat screen. Coffee pot was not replenished. Tha Lamp and clock radio were not pluged in on arrival. The colors of the towels did not match and were scratchy. You have to pay to listen to music on the tv and you have to pay for internet. They should take the hotel staff on a field trip to Atlanta to a $200 room and show them what they are supposed to look like and how the staff are supposed to be concerned.

I had a room for $179. I asked to arrive early to stay an extra day. My price was then increased to $189 and my room was downgraded. The description of the room is below. At the end of the trip, i decided to leave early and skip the buffet breakfast. I asked the front desk to credit me for the buffett and they said they couldn't. Why would you increase the price then downgrade a room? Why is the hotel priced as if it is above average. I would consider it a last resort.

Unique Quality: In the park and has a perfect view of the Mountain if you stay in one of the few room facing the mountain. Actually some one wrote that they were not impressed with the landscaping. I actually was thought it was immaculate.

Nearby Marriott Stone Mountain Inn

Marriott Stone Mountain Inn

• Stone Mountain Marriott
  • Marriott Stone Mountain Hotel Stone Mountain

Address: 1058 Robert E. Lee Drive, Stone Mountain, Georgia, 30083, United States

1 Photo of Marriott Stone Mountain Inn

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Business Services

Stone Mountain Travel Forum

Need advice about Stone Mountain, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Stone Mountain and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Stone Mountain hotel reviews